Biomass wood pellet prices - bagged and bulk

Comments

• WPG
    WPG Posts: 24 Forumite
    Here's the current top 10 bagged pellet prices, ordered by price/kwh.

Please let me know if there's any errors in this info, or if you know of any cheaper pellets not listed below.

Still too new to this site to post link, but they should all be easy to find via google or from woodpelletguide.uk

1. Firepower from White Horse Energy
    £215.00 for 975kg
    Price / Tonne : £220.51
    Price / kWh : 4.41p - (5kWh/kg)
    Origin : Latvia
    BSL certified
    ENplus A1

2. AKZ from Premier Pellets
    £217.00 for 975kg
    Price / Tonne : £222.56
    Price / kWh : 4.45p - (5kWh/kg)
    BSL certified
    ENplus A1

3. Premier Fuel from Premier Pellets
    £215.00 for 975kg
    Price / Tonne : £220.51
    Price / kWh : 4.49p - (4.91kWh/kg)
    Origin : Russia
    NOT BSL certified
    NOT ENplus certified

4. AKZ from Luxury Wood Company
    £219.00 for 975kg
    Price / Tonne : £224.62
    Price / kWh : 4.49p - (5kWh/kg)
    BSL certified
    ENplus A1

5. Baltic Biogran from Luxury Wood Company
    £219.00 for 975kg
    Price / Tonne : £224.62
    Price / kWh : 4.49p - (5kWh/kg)
    BSL certified
    ENplus A1

6. DHLPL from Durham Heat Logs & Pellets
    £220.00 for 960kg
    Price / Tonne : £229.17
    Price / kWh : 4.77p - (4.8kWh/kg - Assumed, no value available)
    Origin : United Kingdom
    BSL certified
    NOT ENplus certified

7. Platinum Plus from White Horse Energy
    £235.00 for 975kg
    Price / Tonne : £241.03
    Price / kWh : 4.82p - (5kWh/kg)
    BSL certified
    ENplus A1

8. Sparklets from Premier Pellets
    £235.00 for 975kg
    Price / Tonne : £241.03
    Price / kWh : 4.92p - (4.9kWh/kg)
    Origin : Russia
    NOT BSL certified
    ENplus A1

9. Forever Fuels from Forever Fuels
    £211.89 for 875kg
    Price / Tonne : £242.16
    Price / kWh : 5.04p - (4.8kWh/kg)
    Origin : Portugal
    BSL certified
    ENplus A1

10. Greenwood from LC Energy
    £245.00 for 990kg
    Price / Tonne : £247.47
    Price / kWh : 5.05p - (4.9kWh/kg)
    Origin : Ireland
    BSL certified
    ENplus A1
  • cancunia
    cancunia Posts: 97
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Interesting to see that the prices are on a downward trend atm.

http://woodpelletguide.uk/wood-pellet-price-updates.html

The pellets that I bought are actually more expensive than when I bought in Sept but looks like I could have saved money by holding on a bit.

Great Website Mr Woodpelletguide!
  • WPG
    Thanks Cancunia!

There does seem to be a downward trend (at at least stability) at the cheaper end of the market (which seem to mainly be the imported pellets) but I think prices for the UK pellets have generally been creeping up.

I think the price trends will be quite interesting to see, i'm building up some useful historical data now, just need to find the time to include it on the site.
  • thozza
    thozza Posts: 303
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Just looked at Luxury Wood site and the price for both AKZ & Baltic Biogran has gone down to £199.00 for 975kg (15kg bags), both BSL & ENPlus A1.

This pains me somewhat as I just bought a pallet of AKZ last week from them and paid £209.00.
  • cancunia
    Forumite
    thozza wrote: »
    Just looked at Luxury Wood site and the price for both AKZ & Baltic Biogran has gone down to £199.00 for 975kg (15kg bags), both BSL & ENPlus A1.

This pains me somewhat as I just bought a pallet of AKZ last week from them and paid £209.00.

I'm surprised that the prices have stayed so low and even fallen right into November, I bought mine back in September in order to beat any price rises. Must be the mild weather and also realisation that there's now a comparison website!
  • thozza
    thozza Posts: 303
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    This time White Horse Energy have reduced the price of their 'unbranded Simply Wood Pellets' to £197.00 for a 975kg pallet (£202.05/T), these are BSL listed so OK for claiming RHI subsidy, but do not hold an ENPlus A1 certification, however they claim to comply with the ENPlus A1 specification.

Interesting to see that on the Wood Pellet Guide site the cheapest UK manufactured pellets (Brites) are nearly £60/T = 28% more than these (and the ENPlus A1 certified AKZ) pellets, for what is basically the same thing.
  • cancunia
    Forumite
    thozza wrote: »
    Interesting to see that on the Wood Pellet Guide site the cheapest UK manufactured pellets (Brites) are nearly £60/T = 28% more than these (and the ENPlus A1 certified AKZ) pellets, for what is basically the same thing.

Yeah, I bought Brites for the past 2 winters and have come to the conclusion that they are overpriced. If you want to add 5% discount to the WHE prices, see one of my earlier posts.
  • WPG
    I'm starting to think the same thing, we've mainly gone with Verdo or Brites so far, but the price difference is getting too much to justify.

Has anyone noticed any difference between the performance of the UK pellets (Verdo, Brites etc) and the imported ones such as AKZ? I know all the enplus pellets should perform the same in theory, just wondered if that was actually people's experience?
  • cancunia
    Forumite
    WPG wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed any difference between the performance of the UK pellets (Verdo, Brites etc) and the imported ones such as AKZ? I know all the enplus pellets should perform the same in theory, just wondered if that was actually people's experience?

I'm still burning the last of my Brites before starting on the 'Premium Plus' I got from WHE. One thing about WHE is that they have published feedback for the pellets. It was the fact they published the feedback that helped my decision.
  • WPG
    White Horse Energy have been in touch to say they're discounting Firepower pellets to £208/pallet on orders of 4 or more pallets - Can't find any mention of it on their site, but the discount does seem to apply when you add them to your basket.

It's also prompted me to add an offers page to the woodpelletguide.uk website for voucher codes, multibuy offers etc that don't appear on the main price listing. I've only got a couple listed at the minute, if anyone knows of any others please let me know.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure