Thoughts on Tunisia,Please.

We are thinking of going to Tunisia this year in August,has anyone got any ideas?

This is my first post,Can you tell me if I have to contact Travelman directly or do I post details on here?

Thanx. :)

Unicorn.
Regards

Unicorn

Comments

• alison6692
    alison6692 Posts: 2,533 Forumite
    No you don't have to contact travelman directly, he will post a thread if he has some tips for you :)

I went to Tunisia a couple of years ago. Port el Kantaoui (not sure how to spell it).

PROS

very hot.

lovely hotel

CONS

not much to do at night.

got ripped off in the market and hotel. accused of not paying for evening drinks had to pay again.

No veggie food.

Expensive.

cockroaches.

erm......we had a good time, you have got too, its your holiday, but would never go back.

Sorry hopefully someone will have had the best holiday ever over there to balance the argument. 8)
    :heart2:Mum to my little Daisy 3 and Archie 1.:heart2:
  • Angela
    Angela Posts: 1,533 Forumite
    What a bad experience you had.
    Me and Mr Moneysaver indoors went there about 8 years ago and had a wonderfull time.
    And we went to a very cheap hotel as well.
    We went to hammamet the hotel was called the lemon tree or something like that.
    Him indoors wants to go back but I have a rule never go to the same place twice,life is to short and there are so many countries.
    Off to Croatia next monday cant wait........................
  • We went to Tunisia early 02. To be honest we had a rubbish time. The hotel was lousy (though only a 2 star) and the food wasn't nice. The locals were unpleseant and always trying to get money out of us, we stayed in Sousse but spent most of our time getting the little train to port el kantoui as it was niver there. We also went on a little boat excursion as the weather was lovely, but when we left the harbour the water was so rough they had to turn around and come back as everyone was being sick - no refund :( Still, the weather was nice and we had no kids then, so it was easier to have a good time anyway, definatly wouldnt take children there. Of course i doubt everyone had such a bad time as me, it was probably made worse by the fact i was 5 weeks pregnant so spent the whole time feeling sick! Im sure you'll have a great time if you book a decent hotel! We're thinking of Costa Dorada for later this year, hope that'll be a bit nicer. Sorry if not very helpful, have a look at reviews on the travel review sites, cant remember what they're called but they've been posted on here before.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Pack plenty immodium, if you can't use it all there is always someone else who can.
  • unicorn
    unicorn Posts: 49 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanx for your views,doesn't look too promising, ???we have plenty of time so shall keep looking. 8)
    It is our first holiday abroad for 8 years and just fancied somewhere different having been to Turkey on numerous occasions,don,t fancy Spain etc. and my other half does not like flying so looking for short flights upto 3 hrs.
    Regards

Unicorn
  • presterjohn
    presterjohn Posts: 36 Forumite
    here is a great link to hundreds of tunisian holiday reviews.

http://www.holidays-uncovered.co.uk/frames.htm

My review is amongst them, and I have to say I would not go back.  My idea of a 5* hotel and the Tunisian version have no comparison whatsoever. You can have a good holiday for a fair price but you do have to box very clever to get it!

I am off  to Roda in Corfu again this year as it is so cheap, £380 each for a fourtnight in August, I would have got it cheaper than that no doubt if I had heard of this site before it was booked!
  • Warren_Nel
    Warren_Nel Posts: 6 Forumite
    sand.
    star wars

sandpeople.....
  • alison6692
    alison6692 Posts: 2,533 Forumite
    Hee hee.

;)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Have you been to gran canaria? we love it there. very nice indeed. lovely locals. also loved Cyprus!!

for thoughts on Gran Canaria try https://www.canaryforum.com

people have reviewed hotels / areas / places to go.
    :heart2:Mum to my little Daisy 3 and Archie 1.:heart2:
  • carly
    carly Posts: 1,414 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Tunisia?
    Don't go there unless you like being pestered relentlessly in the market places, loads of dog mess on the beaches, bad food , bad toilets. There are too many better places in the world!!!
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,614 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    What sort of holiday are you looking for

hot, beach, sightseeing, culture, history, relaxation etc?

If you can post up what you are looking for then I'm sure we'll be able to help you more.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure