What small DFW things will you do w/c 22nd April?

When we start out on the DFW trail we do loads of "big stuff" that makes quite a difference to our situation. These include having our lightbulb moment, cutting up the credit cards and cancelling Sky and the gym.

But once we have done the bigger stuff, we often feel that we are not making the same amount of progress, when in fact the small steps are helping us form good financial habits and helping us get closer everyday to staying in control and becoming debt free, or staying debt free.

Examples could be hanging washing out instead of using the tumble dryer or leaving your purse/wallet at home to avoid the risk of spending.

So be proud of those small steps, they really are important! :money:

Comments

• PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Morning all :hello:

Another gorgeous day here brewing and lots (of free and productive stuff) planned. Hope you're all having a lovely BH weekend, it makes it so much easier when the weather is good doesn't it?

Things for today:
    1 draw and 1 cupboard left to go on unit. Then I can start sorting
    DH has dug a border in the garden and got out a hazel sapling that had firmly taken root in between another plant :eek: not sure what the original plant is as the hazel stopped it growing, will replant today and see if it can be rescued also replant another huge plant DH was able to dig up from the front that I couldn't and it needs moving
    Plan what else to plant in the new borders and where I can source things for free, lovely friend was talking about some seedlings yesterday and I need to get out my seed box to
    Get ready for the back to school/work thing tomorrow with lunch boxes and bags :(
    DH and I to the gym at some point
    Meals from stores
    Check DH is happy to open a lisa on payday
    Make a crumble
    Triage fridge

Have a good day all, Purps.
  • natlie
    natlie Posts: 1,687 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning, Hi PF thanks for the start

We've been doing a lot in the garden, pulled all the broken old plastic toys and things out of the bottom of the garden and dug out a messy corner fo the lawn and planted bedding plants and wood chip around, found a big slab and put out Chiminea on it - looks great now cost £30

I have been offline a while, started a new job and been busy with our new allotment! after 3 years on the waiting list. We cleared 4 raised beds and 4 growing boxes and have planted potatoes, parsnips, herbs, lettuces, salad leaves, radish, spring onions, strawberries and onions. We have left the smallest raised bed for our eldest daughter to plant. We have dug out a big rectangle in the ground and planted, beetroot, candy beetroot, rainbow and regular carrots, garlic, turnips, swede, cabbage and at home we have all our beans, courgettes, sweetcorn, pumpkin etc in pots. Now digging over another plot for them and we need more room for cauli, broccoli, kale, sprouts, etc we have a fig tree and a blackcurrant bush that was already there - its really exciting and things are already growing - the plot cost £116 for the year

Today:

Finish laundry - fold and put away
    Clean Kitchen
    Pack lunch for work tomorrow :( been so nice having time off
    Take daughters for a bike ride
    Take stuff to the dump
    take daughter 1 to get hair dye - she tried to bleach it and it went orange
    Meals from stores

Have a good day all
    Nat
    DMP: £30,668 £3,364.02 DFD July 2024
  • Morning all and thanks to purps for new thread :)
    Didn't post yesterday as met friend for walk and picnic. We did 8 miles in scorching heat! Was beautiful scenery and lovely to enjoy fresh air and friendship. I only spent £1.05 in Mr C on crème fraiche to go with the raspberry sponge i'd baked for pud, friend provided first course; free parking too so just petrol costs.
    Today I need to finish my work from home and then can submit invoice tomorrow :) Got washing in the machine. Going to return a top to Mr S later and get some supplies in for DD2 who's at uni but coming home for a night on Weds.
    Hope e
    veryone is having a chilled day in the sun
    Dxx
    LBM - October 2018; finally debt free on 16 March 2021
    2023 Mortgage Free Wannabee #92023 Mortgage free in March 23 !
    Decluttering Campaign member 2023🏅🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    Decluttering Campaign Member 2024 🏅🏅
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,572 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    PurpleFairy Thank you for this weeks thread :A
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • Morning all :wave:
    Thanks for the starter this week PF.
    I'm enjoying the nice weather and the last day of the hols before school starts again tomorrow. I've had a pretty spendy holiday time so I've spent this morning doing a small financial review and looking over stuff to try and rein it back in. I have to grocery shop today but other than that it should be spend free - frugal living must recommence, I don't have enough money for it not to :rotfl: I have a list, which I will stick to and I'm going to go to Liddle first and get what I can there, then top up at Mr S which is my kids preferred shop.
    Enjoy the bank holiday people, and the lovely weather.
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Good Afternoon everyone

PF - Thanks for starting us off today

Hi to all of the regulars and a BIG welcome to all the newbies, this is a really FAB thread with so many lovely, caring, considerate and supportive people.

Spent a lovely weekend walking in the sunshine which should help with the vitamin D problem :o . Dog sitting for DD so that will mean a few more walks and steps. Today we will:

Walk dogs -
    Check Bank & made PAD - Done
    Shopping with list - Done
    Upload receipts to COS and Shoppix -
    Swagbucks -
    Enter a few comps -
    Purge a few emails -
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer
    Check: Lucky Bob, PMP, WinaDinner
    Read Book

Have a great day!

C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• ditty1234
    ditty1234 Posts: 2,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Hi All welcome to the last whole week of April. Managed a NSD day yesterday, a rare occurrence this month. Rest of week should be smooth until we run out of milk and dog food probably Wednesday PM.
    Today free exercise when walking dog
    Up-cycled bread from freezer for toasties for lunch
    Used various seeds in garden
    Talk to friends using messenger
    bought small box of ice cream as todays holiday snack, for revision encouragement for DS
    Will go vacuum car in a bit, maybe wash but probably not
    And now to apply for 2. job for summer and possibly life in general
    Have a great week, might not be able to stop by as will be back at working madness form tomorrow. X
    LBM Jan 2019 - £25.928/Active debt £14253, 54% sorted
    Housing fund Jan 2024 £2000/6000 36%
    EF Jan 2024 £0/1000 0% Emergency fund is for worn out things like vacuum cleaner, dish washer, and washing machine.
  • Evening :D Thanks for starting the thread Purps :D

It's been a relaxing day here. Just pottering around at home. We have started clearing the garage/burning wood (left over from various work, broken fence panels, and an old chest of drawers too broken to repurpose/give away)

We went for a walk in the woods, found a tree swing someone had put up and had a go on that :D

Came home to a bbq from stores - just got buns and ketchup

Load of washing on line. Folded up and put away now ;)

drum roll please.... I finally finished cutting out my cardigan fabric and have 75% sewn it together. I had a bad experience a few weeks ago when I was on a 2 day sewing course. I had a reaction to some medication my Dr gave me. I was confused and my cognitive function wasn't working properly which was quite distressing and why I have been off of work for 3 weeks. It has knocked my confidence. So I'm glad I was able to plod through this project :D will finish the band and cuffs tomorrow

Tidied up after dinner - hoping to not wake up to a mess tomorrow!

Going to go and watch some telly when oh comes down!
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • Emzmom88
    Emzmom88 Posts: 172 Forumite
    Hello all

I have been a bit awol RL has been really busy we have all been off for Easter and its unusual so we have been making the most of it. Done some spending but tbh i
  • Emzmom88
    Emzmom88 Posts: 172 Forumite
    Sorry my phone is playing up and just jumping about everywhere and posted before i was ready it has been playing up since i dropped it a few weeks ago but the backs smashed so maybe something to do with that but i will just put up with it...

Anyway weve spent an extra £70 we werent planning this weekend...seriously not impressed but £30 was on a new pool for dd, bbq food and parking at various nature centres its been a very spontaneous weekend therefore costly but i am not impressed but at the same time not worrying as its not something we ever do...like maybe every year or two and its been lovely!! On the plus side i have hardly used any gas and electric so thats down and i still have a freezer full of meals for the week so will try and bring the shopping down this week to bring some of the costs down!!

Hopefully will have a nsd tomorrow and wednesday as i dont think i actually need anything, we are overrun with chocolate me and dd are baking muffins and breaking some chocolate to go into them she also wants to make cornflake cakes so will add them onto the shopping to make at the end of the week!!

Tomorrow is a new day diet and bank balance wise i have a couple of frogs for tomorrow heres my list

•all food from stores except my tea my friend is making me a curry as i am the only one that likes it
    •bk to work so will take lunch with me
    • hopefully nsd
    • make muffins with dd (if we have time as friend is coming to play after work)
    • make appointment for Gas service
    • call home insurance company to cancel policy as it is silly expensive and take out new policy with different company

Thats all from week have a great evening xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport