NST 07/2018 - Survive July!

Options

Comments

• mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Went to mum's and moved the kerbings and rocks (made that seem really simple but struggled to get out of bed and stay awake. Went back outside just before 8pm to move the last few rocks and to water some of the flower pots using water from the water butt.

Caught my foot in a loop of old washing line, fell full length and had to lie there as all the water trickled out and dmade a big puddle round me. had just got to sitting up when mum came to find me but managed to get myself up using the frame of the swing seat (had to roll over in the puddle to get on my best side for getting up).

Stayed alter than usual to give my dress time to dry. Tomorrow is going to be interesting - pretty sure nothing is broken but bruises and stiffness expected.

Today I am grateful for having a phone call from my only remaining aunt, for getting most of what I had planned done (was going to make an attempt on the shed but having tried 3 times to put up a little basket, I decided that today was not hte day for it, for my dress drying quickly and for my injuries not meaning a visit to the walk in centre.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Ouch mothernerd! Another set of injuries and bruises for you to deal with. Be gentle with yourself x
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hope you're not too sore mothernerd.

Yesterday was a NSD taking me to 2/13 :)

Today I bought a present for a work colleague who is leaving (£10) and spent £16.77 on food.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10552.61/£15000 (70.4% saved). Emergency fund - £1428.98/£1500 (95.3% saved).
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all :j

ouch mothernerd - hope you're not too sore tomorrow!!

Will try for 13 NSDs & hope to get nearer to 20.... still 3/13

Set your budgets not yet done
    Use Most definitely want to do this; have a mountain of food & stuff to clear. Have been sorting but it is a big task, not made easier by being unwell for the past few days & find the hot weather difficult especially when unwell. Will record progress on here to call me to account. Must view house as massive shop full of items which can be (mostly) sold. Have already discovered loads of clothes etc than I can either wear or sell. Also have makeup & toiletries, need not buy any of those either..still a bit poorly but managed to wash & iron some clothes & list a few on FB selling sites. One sold straight away but they've not paid yet, if the others don't go I will list on ebay..looks like all 3 people who expressed interest paid up, so 3 items sold..will post them out tomorrow & list more. Posted out 3 items today, plus one for DD. Didn't list any more today, but DH liberated some more boxes from large shed, so have more to trawl through tomorrow. Not actually listed any more but spent a very hot hour this morning in the 'big shed' so called because it's like 2 sheds stuck together. Trawled through quite a few boxes & found more carp to sell, but first it has to be washed. Did 2 wash loads & will start listing tomorrow, as I caught sight of the boxes in the double garage...lots and lots.. Did iron a lot of the clothes; not such a good idea in this heat, was absolutely not the day to do this. no listing either as DD then got up from night shift & wanted to go - you guessed it - shopping...

Revisit Targets were like other peoples I think, to lose weigh (not really); to declutter - some progress; to stop wasting money - also some progress there..will list any weight losses/stuff leaving the house/money gained by selling...when it happens.. Still £44.26 so far..plus £5 voucher for doing a survey; £49.26 Another £3 voucher today: £52.26

Vacation Have already booked to go to Ireland for 3 weeks from July; aim to sell some stuff to pay for spends over there. Will also be planning some days out & at least another visit to the Old Country later in the year, probably 2. Have found more stuff especially shoes to go. Must ramp this up as go away 3 weeks today...clock is ticking..

Value Always do try to use cashback sites where possible, and find value for money in shopping. Also have a card which gives me vouchers; and do some work which pays in vouchers too. Use cheaper supermarkets & have HB & Fultons here as well, which are both good for some stuff. DH & DD went shopping & PO, big mistake as DD brought back 2 extra large chickens she got for only £2.50 each, very pleased with her bargains bless her.....Just what I needed more food to be used right away... Cooked one, need to think of what to do with the other ( no room in freezers) PDQ! DH renegotiated BB deal with Virgin yesterday, they assured him deal would still be available today. Took 45 mins of argument, ask to speak to a manager, etc etc before they agreed to honour it...no wonder folk give up in disgust. Should save us £300 per year..no shopping today of any kind thankfully, value or otherwise..shopping today & stocked up with some things that were on offer..that's my excuse

Every Checking in 6/31

Gratitudes:
    DH helping with garden watering - and washing up; good sport on TV; trip to SM in DDs fancy hire car.

Jump No jumping here either but in the garden every day when possible. Do try to drink water but struggle with this. In the garden tonight, just watering..not much actual gardening possible..

Unless budgeted, no takeaways, coffee shops, lunches out etc. Takeaway tonight - unwanted by me - but DD can always get round her dad..

Perhaps keep track on here of items/ lbs lost and £s made:
    So far have put on a pound in weight & made £52.26

Yearly
    we are halfway through 2018. Good idea, will have a big list of outside jobs that need doing/big/small & in between. Making big list this weekend; also one of items to take to Ireland with us; menu planning; will be a very listy weekend

Go turtles!
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    mothernerd - ouch, hope you are OK. I tripped a few weeks ago running in the woods and it took a few days for the soreness to wear off.

DH had to go to the doctors on Thursday, he thinks that he got bitten by a bug whilst out running and it has become infected, the whole of the side of his face is swollen. Had to get antibiotics for 2 weeks and if no better by Monday has to go back (good luck to him getting an appointment for that) and they may have to admit him to hospital:eek:. He got bitten a few years ago and ended up in hospital overnight and couldn't drive for a while (bitten on the knee) right when we were going away.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • indigowarrior
    indigowarrior Posts: 745 Forumite
    Options
    Mothernerd I hope your okay.
    According to my app I have had 3 nsds so far. Which is brilliant. I am hoping today will be number 4.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,876 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    OMG7debt

How nice of your drawers to reward you for coming home!
    Even the furniture is cheering you on.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,876 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Yesterday was not a NSD as I bought lots of drinks to fill the fridge. Trying to make the kids remember to drink more.
    Also bought another tv to replace a broken one £80. second hand.

Today I need to buy enough food to do until 18th - well, not all of it, but will fill the freezer. I don't want to buy masses though. Run down the fridge and freezer before we go.

So still on NSD 3

Off to do stuff before it gets too hot. Well, it is already too hot, but it is only going to get worserer and hotterer.

Come on England!! (or insert whoever your fave tennis player is)
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thank you for all your good wishes. let's just say it is going to be a day of challenges. Took me 20 minutes to get out all the morning pills and swallow them. Luckily it set off the coughing and when Beloved came to offer me a cough sweet, she kindly went downstairs to refill a 2l bottle with tap water (only get a cupful if I go in the bathroom.

Took another hour of pondering and moving stuff to work out how/ if I could get in the bath (had already checked if DS3 was awake to ask for back up (not on-line to still asleeep). had a wooden stool outside the bath and a plastic one inside (had thought it wouldn't hold my weight but it was fine). Used the shower fitment attached to the taps - they sent the wrong fitment and deciding to keep it rather than return is one of my best ever decisions and the fixed shower bar to help with standing and sitting.

So now I am clean but exhausted. breakfast was a kit kat (in one of the shopping bags) and will sort the rst later (have a half cooked ready meal in the microwave). Might be a pack of sandwich meat and pasta salad or beetroot. Maybe they will take pity on me and include me in their takeaway order :rotfl:

Today I am grateful for plastic stools, for finding a confortable position to lie in, for ibruprofen (and all my other pills), for having 3 books within hand reach and for remembering not to kneel on my sore knee when getting back onto the bed
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Omg7kdebt
    Omg7kdebt Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    f0xh0les wrote: »
    OMG7debt

How nice of your drawers to reward you for coming home!
    Even the furniture is cheering you on.

Hah, more like pathetically grateful Im sorting them out :)
    Sealed pot challenge #051

Attempting to pay down 7k debt before 2019.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure