Autumn Slimming World Support Thread 2019

Options

Comments

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Pollyanna chicken skin is fairly high - 6.5 syns per 25g (which isn't very much - much better not to have it!). Beer varies depending on brand but around 7 syns average per 330ml.

As for the sauce in a lasagne I just syn it using a sauce mix. About 8 syns per packet sauce mix so not too bad depending how many portions are being made. I use half pack per portion so 4 syns but worth it for me!

Denise
  • pollyanna24
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    Pollyanna chicken skin is fairly high - 6.5 syns per 25g (which isn't very much - much better not to have it!). Beer varies depending on brand but around 7 syns average per 330ml.

As for the sauce in a lasagne I just syn it using a sauce mix. About 8 syns per packet sauce mix so not too bad depending how many portions are being made. I use half pack per portion so 4 syns but worth it for me!

Denise

Eek to the syns, but mneh, is what it is. Was at my brother's and he has never ever cooked me dinner before in my almost 40 years on this planet, so I thought I would live a little.

The beer was the only thing left when I felt like a nightcap. Oh well. It's done now.

The sauces used for the lasagne is Tesco's own red lasagne sauce and white lasagne sauce. Not sure how many portions will be made, but the mince is 5%. Might try and persuade Mum not to put cheese on some of it, although I do have 50% reduced fat cheddar.
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
    (End 2021) - £131,215.25 DID IT!!!
    (End 2022) - Target £116,213.81
  • joedenise
    Options
    The ready made sauces are much higher I syns. Will look them up and let you know how many syns but be prepared for high syns again.

Denise
  • joedenise
    Options
    I'm even more surprised than I expected to be with the syns for the sauces!

The red one is 9 for the jar; the white one is 24.5 syns for the jar:eek:

I would assume this would be to serve 4 people so would be 2 and a bit + 6 and a bit so call it 8.5 syns. Seems a lot for one meal but if you really like it and must use jarred sauces you may think it worth it.

Personally that would be too many syns for me for one meal.

Denise
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 15 September 2019 at 9:44PM
    Options
    Eek to the syns, but mneh, is what it is. Was at my brother's and he has never ever cooked me dinner before in my almost 40 years on this planet, so I thought I would live a little.

The beer was the only thing left when I felt like a nightcap. Oh well. It's done now.

The sauces used for the lasagne is Tesco's own red lasagne sauce and white lasagne sauce. Not sure how many portions will be made, but the mince is 5%. Might try and persuade Mum not to put cheese on some of it, although I do have 50% reduced fat cheddar.

The whole jar of red lasagne sauce is 9 syns but the white is 17.5 (ETA : that's the free from version so Denise is right about the ordinary one) so that tells its own story.

How many syns depends on how many portions from the 2 jars but if there's 5 of you sharing then it's not too bad. Your DD who just has red sauce and mince has the best idea. Cheese with it is fine if it's your HEA.

I hope you really enjoyed all the wine and beer syns. It's difficult not to join in when others are liking it.

As today's lunch was DH's birthday treat I volunteered to drive and just had fizzy water. I've made up for it tonight though but better than drinking steadily through the day.

Just remembered it's DGD's birthday on Tuesday so extra syns may be needed for that . No chance of losing this week. :(
  • Yesterday's WI for me was Minus 1lb. :)

All things considered, I'm happy with that for last week! :)
  • joedenise
    Options
    Had assumed it was the normal white sauce rather than the Free From version Maman.

Well done Sleazy a lb is a good loss for a lot of people.

Today's plan is for a Green Day again (DH won't be pleased!):

B - scrambled eggs & spinach on toast HEB, P & S
    L - cauliflower and blue cheese soup - onions, garlic, cauliflower S;HEA
    D - butternut squash & sweet potato curry and brown rice - onion, garlic, butternut squash, tinned tomatoes S; sweet potato F; rice F, may add some lentils for P

HEA1 - milk in teas
    HEA2 - 5 laughing cow light triangles with blue cheese
    HEB1 - bread
    HEB2 - nothing planned but may have a hifi or 2 if I fancy something sweet
    Syns - none planned

Denise
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Well life has thrown me another curve ball, with my dad being ill this time. He's still in hospital but out of ICU.

However considering all the c**p life keeps throwing my way I haven't eaten as bad as I could have done.

Going to try and have a goodish day today, but wondering if I need to rejoin SW tomorrow evening. I left just after my old consultant left, when we had a temporary one, but I know there is a new permanent one now, and I believe a number of the old crowd still attend.

Todays plan:
    Breakfast - yogurt and fruit
    Lunch - leftover roast dinner
    Dinner - Chilli and rice
    Snacks - fruit, cereal bars, sf jelly, French fries

HA1 - cauli cheese sauce
    HA2 - milk in drinks
    HB - cereal bars
    Syns - butter and flour in cauli cheese, gravy, sf jelly (0.5), yogurt (0.5), French fries (4?)
    Zebras rock
  • joedenise
    Options
    kathrynha sorry to hear your father is in hospital, life can be a b*tch.

If you think it will help then definitely rejoin tomorrow evening. I can understand you leaving when there is a temporary consultant in place as it can feel like you have gone to another group and feel a bit out of place.

Today's food looks good and you have a plan which is probably the most important thing. I always find that as long as I plan I'm more likely to stick to it. I've always planned to a certain extent since joining SW but now I try to plan a month at a time but I'm finding it much harder than I used to so may actually go back to weekly planning and then I can make more use of the Aldi Super Six than I currently do, although there's not much in this week's that interests me but will probably get some figs for DH (I'm not keen on them myself but may have one).

Only you can decide if you are going to rejoin but good luck with whatever you decide to do. You know we are always here for you if you need extra support or decide the time isn't right to rejoin right now with everything that is going on in your life

Denise
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry to hear you've got yet another worry kathrynha but good news that your dad is out of ICU.:)

You're perfectly capable of following the plan on your own but it might be good for you to go to a group. It would give you an hour in the week to focus just on yourself. Just a thought.

Is the cauli cheese in your roast dinner? Did you not syn it yesterday?

It's strange for me today as, because we ate out yesterday, I don't have any LO veg for my lunch.:eek:
    joedenise wrote: »
    Had assumed it was the normal white sauce rather than the Free From version Maman.

Yes, you probably are right I just found my eyes drawn to the lower syn variety when I looked it up. ;)

I find weekly planning works well for me although I know your monthly one is flexible. What I like is that at the end of each week I make sure I plan to use up anything fresh that's hanging around although that's usually a bit of veg rather than anything you'd make a main meal out of. Super 6 varies hugely, some weeks I don't buy any of it. This week I bought some tomatoes and lots of beetroot!:j

I don't seem to have much of an appetite at the moment but I'll post my plan and see how it goes.

EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit (free), HEB toast, scrambled eggs (P), HEA milk for drinks
    L: JP (F) with cottage cheese and ham (P),, beetroot and spring onion (S)
    D: chicken (P) casserole with potatoes (F), celery, carrots, leeks, onions, mushrooms (S) butter beans (P) served with cauli and broccoli (S)
    Syns: HP sauce 1
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport