Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • RBizz
    • By RBizz 19th Aug 19, 10:04 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    RBizz
    Debt recovery - too late to fight?
    • 19th Aug 19, 10:04 AM
    Debt recovery - too late to fight? 19th Aug 19 at 10:04 AM
    Having never received a parking ticket before I am a bit stuck and need some advice

2 months ago I received 2 parking tickets from the same private company, the second ticket I am ignoring since the company I work for own the land and have the contract with the parking enforcement company, they have said they will speak to them about cancelling the ticket (since I am able to park there)

The first ticket was issued by the same company but for another area. This area I park at regularly (since its a parade of shops near a building I visit regularly for work) I have parked there for months with no issue until one day I received a notice through the post (nothing was left on my windscreen etc.)

Apparently I had parked on a restricted area at the shops, I had never seen a sign or any indication that some of the parking at the site was restricted so I emailed and filled out the challenge your ticket form on the enforcement companies website. The reply I got was a picture of a tiny sign which was placed on top of one of the shops store name signs, however this only mentions there is some enforcement in the area, I know for a fact some of the parking spaces are not restricted and there is no way to tell which areas are restricted or not on the site.

After this I didn't pay the fine, and thought it was the end (even though they disagreed with my challenge of the fine)

I have now received a notice that the fine has been sent to a debt recovery agency - its their clients final offer to settle the ticket before taking it further.

Is it too late now to still challenge the ticket, should I just pay it to avoid being taken to court?

TIA
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Aug 19, 10:06 AM
    • 75,699 Posts
    • 88,738 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 19th Aug 19, 10:06 AM
    • 19th Aug 19, 10:06 AM
    Having never received a parking ticket before I am a bit stuck and need some advice
    Which is why the NEWBIES FAQS thread exists. Loads of people are like you and post #4 of the NEWBIES thread begs for no threads about tedious debt letters stage (because we are too busy).

Please read post #4 of the sticky thread, no need for further advice.

Come back if you get to court stage.

Which PPC is it? No need to ask about the acronyms either - see post #5 of the sticky.

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 19th Aug 19, 10:16 AM
    • 40,344 Posts
    • 89,706 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 19th Aug 19, 10:16 AM
    • 19th Aug 19, 10:16 AM
    Get pics of the site and signage.

Complain to the landowner.

Complain to your MP about this unregulated scam.

Thoroughly read the relevant parts of the sticky thread for NEWBIES.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

238Posts Today

3,963Users online

Martin's Twitter