My Sisters Bank Won't Let her release My Inheritance To Me-Please Help.

Comments

• Person_one
    Person_one Posts: 28,884 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    So wrong I agree, I can't wait for the benefit cap to come in :j:j

You know you won't be getting any more money when it does, right?

I don't think a discussion about benefit policy is particularly helpful on this thread.
  • Person_one wrote: »
    You know you won't be getting any more money when it does, right?

I don't think a discussion about benefit policy is particularly helpful on this thread.

I think they are more concerned about other people having more money :(
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • Person_one
    Person_one Posts: 28,884 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I think they are more concerned about other people having more money :(

Yes, clearly. Their lives won't get any better but they are very happy that other people's lives will get worse.

You are right that its not a suitable topic for this thread though.
  • Anthear
    Anthear Posts: 189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by welshmoneylover
    "So wrong I agree, I can't wait for the benefit cap to come in"

I wonder how many people 'welshmoneylover' personally knows with Autism/Asperger's?

Here is your challenger, Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms etc 'welshmoneylover' - why don't you try living within the Benefit cap for 6 months - then come back and tell us how you lived it up - went on exotic holidays, shopped in Waitrose, ate out at least twice a week etc.

Are you man/woman enough to agree????
  • seven-day-weekend
    seven-day-weekend Posts: 36,755 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 2 November 2016 at 7:16PM
    Anthear wrote: »
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by welshmoneylover
    "So wrong I agree, I can't wait for the benefit cap to come in"

I wonder how many people 'welshmoneylover' personally knows with Autism/Asperger's?

Here is your challenger, Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms etc 'welshmoneylover' - why don't you try living within the Benefit cap for 6 months - then come back and tell us how you lived it up - went on exotic holidays, shopped in Waitrose, ate out at least twice a week etc.

Are you man/woman enough to agree????

My son has mild Aspergers and he has rung me up tonight, worried about his service charge bill, which he didn't understand and thought it said 'litigation' in one of the attachments, he thought they were taking him to court and couldn't understand why. As it turns out, he is actually in credit with his service charge and the word was 'obligation'.

Because he had read the word wrong in the first place, he couldn't concentrate on the rest . I also remember a time when he was worried about his council tax, because it had the wordsa 'demand' and 'gross liability' on it. He thought he had done something wrong (gross liability to him was like gross misconduct) and that he had to find £1000 straight away (demand); he couldn't then concentrate enough to see the payment schedule on the back. People with Aspergers can often get muddled about things, and then they can get quite obsessive about them.

If they happen to have a mental health probelm too, then you can see how someone might obsess about things and get them all out of proportion.

Have a bit of understanding for the OP.
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
  • Anthear
    Anthear Posts: 189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    seven-day-weekend:

Absolutely - I do very much. I work with children, some of whom have Asperger's/Autism.

My point was aimed at 'welshmoneylover' who appears to be delighted that thousands of people are going to be considerably worse off due to the benefit cap, amongst those adults are children... but that's OK - it's clearly the parent's fault (sarcasm).

My challenge was for that person to experience the delights of living within that financial ceiling and with the issues associated with being autistic and taking most things very literally. Apologies if I hadn't made myself clear. I completely understand the issues faced by Annbarbs.
  • Anthear wrote: »
    seven-day-weekend:

Absolutely - I do very much. I work with children, some of whom have Asperger's/Autism.

My point was aimed at 'welshmoneylover' who appears to be delighted that thousands of people are going to be considerably worse off due to the benefit cap, amongst those adults are children... but that's OK - it's clearly the parent's fault (sarcasm).

My challenge was for that person to experience the delights of living within that financial ceiling and with the issues associated with being autistic and taking most things very literally. Apologies if I hadn't made myself clear. I completely understand the issues faced by Annbarbs.

Yesd I know, I was expanding on your post, not disagreeing with it, sorry it didn't come over like that. I too was aiming my post at Weslhmoneylover. Sorry for the misunderstanding. x
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
  • thorsoak
    thorsoak Posts: 7,166 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary

I'm horrified to read this! Yes, Annabarbs is in receipt of more money than my pension - and my personal pension is above the limit which would entitle me to pension credit - but I have my health- as I presume so do you, welshmoneylover! Would you prefer to suffer the insecurities/fears/worries suffered by Annabarbs? Really?

Do not be so judgemental!
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,480 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post

Because that will make annbarbs magically well? Or because youcan't bear the idea of someone receiving more in benefits? If she was fraudulently claiming benefits fair enough, but she isn't, as evidenced by her posts.
    Your post is totally unhelpful and only shows up what you yourself are like.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • -taff wrote: »
    Because that will make annbarbs magically well? Or because youcan't bear the idea of someone receiving more in benefits? If she was fraudulently claiming benefits fair enough, but she isn't, as evidenced by her posts.
    Your post is totally unhelpful and only shows up what you yourself are like.
    I have reported the post by Welshmoneylover to MSE
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport