IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN in company van - not named as driver?

Options
Hi all,

My company received a PCN from Es parking enforcement ltd for a van that I had possession of on the date of the PCN (for parking in an loading/unloading zone). I was carrying out works for the local council on the road which I received said PCN.

However my main issue is, I was notified by my manager at first that he had received an email from fleet of receipt of the PCN and a few days after he called me into the office and requested that I take a picture of the PCN that was on his computer, details contained the picture of the van parked and number to ring to pay etc. He explained that I should ring the number on the PCN as the company couldn’t do any more to help and explain that I was carrying out works and see what they say (obviously I know what Es parking enforcement would say).

Now the picture on my phone is all I’ve got of the PCN and haven’t actually received an individual letter of claim to my address, I’m pretty sure that in this case that should be protocol, am I right?

The PCN is coming up to the 28th day deadline if you will and I’m just after some advice on what I should do next, if anything? Or if it’s up to my company to name me as the driver before I proceed?

Thanks.

Comments

• Azb123
    Azb123 Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Any help on this guys? 28th day deadline is fastly approaching and I don’t want to leave it too late for grounds of appeal etc
  • MistyZ
    MistyZ Posts: 1,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 16 September 2019 at 8:15AM
    Options
    Is this Manchester by any chance?

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6037736&highlight=es+parking+enforcement

I'm not sure about any of this, others will know more. Some questions, though.

Was there a windscreen ticket or just a postal PCN to the company? And when was the parking event? Have the company named the driver? (Might be worth double checking).

Take a look at the hire car section of the Newbies' thread while waiting for advice.

Oh, and hopefully it is not a 'letter of claim' that's on its way at this stage! What you could perhaps do with is a NTH i.e. Notice to Hirer.
  • Azb123
    Options
    Thanks for your reply.

Firstly the parking event took place in Preston, not Manchester.

The PCN received was a postal PCN to my company depot, the parking event is dated 19/08/19.

I don’t believe the company has named the driver at this point, as the driver hasn’t received anything personal, merely just been asked to take a picture of the postal PCN.

The PCN includes 2 pictures of the van parked in the loading/unloading zone, one from afar which could be any van, and then one close up of the front reg with the front left of the van parked over the loading/unloading zone.

Another question I have, as the driver was carrying out works on the particular road does that not class as loading/unloading as the driver was back and forth from said van?
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Why does your employer not pay it or name you as the driver? It is not rocket science.

Your question re loading, read this

http://nebula.wsimg.com/f6d657adf7df70d27e1dd285688b5701?AccessKeyId=4CB8F2392A09CF228A46&disposition=0&alloworigin=1 hypothetical. Read H
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Azb123
    Options
    My thoughts exactly - the company don’t seem to be interested as it’s a large company so they probably get a few PCNs through.

Is it my fault that they haven’t named me as driver in the allotted time frame? Or does the blame then solely lie with them.
  • MistyZ
    MistyZ Posts: 1,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Azb123 wrote: »
    I don’t believe the company has named the driver at this point, as the driver hasn’t received anything personal, merely just been asked to take a picture of the postal PCN.

Why not ask them whether they have named the driver? I think you need / deserve to know.
  • Azb123
    Options
    Okay quick update.

Turns out the company haven’t named me as the driver.

The parking charge has gone up to £125, the original notice date was just under 2 months ago, is there a cut of point the company has to name me as driver to be liable?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure