Where does this come from?

Options
I’ve lived in my current home for about 3 years and have consistently had this problem appear at this time of the year.

Whenever the weather starts dropping, I get a damp patch in the corner of my plaster that sits next to the window. The seal doesn’t seem to have broken in the window from what I can tell and I’ve tried looking at the frame from the outside for loose sealant but can’t see anything!

The house was originally built in the 80s and the windows seem old judging by the locking mechanism.

Can anyone point me in the direction of what might be causing this dampness on the plaster? It’s on both windows in the master bedroom but I can’t see it anywhere else yet!

Comments

• neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    megz7169 wrote: »
    I’ve lived in my current home for about 3 years and have consistently had this problem appear at this time of the year.

Whenever the weather starts dropping, I get a damp patch in the corner of my plaster that sits next to the window. The seal doesn’t seem to have broken in the window from what I can tell and I’ve tried looking at the frame from the outside for loose sealant but can’t see anything!

The house was originally built in the 80s and the windows seem old judging by the locking mechanism.

Can anyone point me in the direction of what might be causing this dampness on the plaster? It’s on both windows in the master bedroom but I can’t see it anywhere else yet!
    What do you mean by this? Do you men whenever it's raining?

It's either damp via water ingress from the outside or surface mould due to poor ventilation.

A pic will help.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport