Spain Pay As You Go sim card for internet access

Options

Comments

• park_gate
    park_gate Posts: 55 Forumite
    Options
    I know I’m resurrecting an old thread but does anyone know where you can buy a Tuenti SIM card? Do you have to buy on line? Also does the credit run out? Often the 1GB limits need to be used within one month. If it does run out does the tome start from when it is first used? Terry
  • NiftyDigits
    NiftyDigits Posts: 10,459 Forumite
    Options
    park_gate wrote: »
    I know I’m resurrecting an old thread but does anyone know where you can buy a Tuenti SIM card? Do you have to buy on line? Also does the credit run out? Often the 1GB limits need to be used within one month. If it does run out does the tome start from when it is first used? Terry

Online with the help of someone who lives there or from a shop in Madrid(perhaps more places since I last looked). The bundle is for one month. You can buy a 1 or 3GB bundle.
  • virgin11
    virgin11 Posts: 70 Forumite
    Options
    Hi i bought the tuenti sim from a chain of shops in Spain called lowcostmovil,also supermarket chain Worten supply them hope this helps
  • virgin11
    virgin11 Posts: 70 Forumite
    Options
    Forgot to mention Orange in Spain seem to have a good offer of use of internet with tethering all day for 0.30 cents,think there is a limit on speed after a certain amount of use,but ok for email and browsing.The package is called Mundo
  • park_gate
    edited 25 May 2013 at 5:44PM
    Options
    virgin11 wrote: »
    Forgot to mention Orange in Spain seem to have a good offer of use of internet with tethering all day for 0.30 cents,think there is a limit on speed after a certain amount of use,but ok for email and browsing.The package is called Mundo

Thanks for that but I couldn't find the the 0.30 cents/day offer on their web site.

I forgot to mention I want to use it for VoIP and I believe Orange blocks VoIP in both Spain and France. Although I've just noticed they have realsed a VoIP Android App?

Also it looks like it is limited to 100 Mb / week (although the adverts are not that clear) so not enough for VoIP.

Terry
  • park_gate
    Options
    Online with the help of someone who lives there or from a shop in Madrid(perhaps more places since I last looked). The bundle is for one month. You can buy a 1 or 3GB bundle.

Thanks, I have got an address in Spain, so I could order it on-line assuming the one month starts from when you first use the card.

Terry
  • NiftyDigits
    Options
    park_gate wrote: »
    Thanks, I have got an address in Spain, so I could order it on-line assuming the one month starts from when you first use the card.

Terry

You probably have to activate the card once received.

https://www.tuenti.com/activatusim
  • NiftyDigits
    Options
    virgin11 wrote: »

Surf on your mobile for 24 hours enjoying full speed 10 MB for € 0.3, then at the reduced speed of 64 Kbps.

Really nothing about which to be excited.

Carrefour Movil: (Acceso Internet desde el M!vil: 0,50€ d!a de conexi!n (d!a natural), s!lo los d!as que te conectes. Una vez superados los 20 Mb, se reduce la velocidad a 128 kbps, nunca se te cobrar! mas) 0,50€ for one day's unlimited surfing; 20MB slowed down to 128kbps afterwards.
  • dazzaofdagenham
    dazzaofdagenham Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Fling into ailcante in August and would need a data sim which offers about 1GB....would like unlimited. I have a unlocked mi.fi

Can anyone advise...

Would like to pick up from airport or locally

Can anyone help
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills