Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 3 - A New Beginning

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Honestly you could not make it up :mad:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Seriously CCL, this is not fair.
    Our legal system is letting you down.

Grrrrr
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • Anyway, as I was saying earlier... by the time I got in last night I was just a bit too tired to do anything much at all. I felt a bit washed out and frustrated. My solicitor was very open with me in that he thinks it will be at least another 6 months before the house is sorted (I could cry) and the doctor was very apologetic but had been dealing with an emergency... it's all fine - I just hate waiting around and wasting time. And I feel as though I wasted a lot of time yesterday. I could have stayed in school and taught last lesson, and still been in court. And I could have gotten some washing/dishes sorted while I was sitting on my bum at the doctors. Ah well. I tried not to 'do a Karen' as my dd calls it (which basically means shouting and complaining for the sake of it in her opinion - I think it's the difference between Generation X and Millenials personally) but I was quite drained at the end, and I needed to pop to L1dl for some flavoured water for ds. I picked up some sarnies reduced to 20p for my dinner as it was all I could be bothered with.
    Today has been similarly challenging in terms of me being tired, drained and desperate for half term. And spending a lot of time surrounded by people that are also tired and fractious and desperate for half term. I've been home since 5pm tonight but feel as though I may be too tired for my crochet plans. The big December festival is looming now and I want to cry when I think of how skint I am and how far behind with present making etc. This is how I know I'm desperate for a break.
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,861 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Karen? Karen? Who the flip is Karen?

Now I feel positively ancient!
    Oooh, just think, by the time it is getting all long and sunny it might all be over. Just the darkness to get through now. By the Whit week holidays could be done and dusted. I was looking at interest rates (I am due a remortgage in March) and the lowest I could find was 1.15%.

Don't know how much your mortgage is (I know mine down to the penny) but I bet there is a better rate out there for you by now, and it might even help if you went onto interest only until you paid off the solicitors and built up an emergency fund.

When your post disappears, ctrl Z brings it back.

Nearly half term!
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • beanielou
    Me too f0xholes. No idea who Karen is!.
    May have to google generation x!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    Generation X
    noun
    the generation born after that of the baby boomers (roughly from the early 1960s to late 1970s), typically perceived to be disaffected and directionless.
    "Generation X has grown up with IT"

Interesting definition.
    I was born early 60's.
    Did not grow up with IT nor feel dissafected or directionless.

• CCL - we really should have been solicitors. 175 pounds an HOUR.

I am sending love. Also drained and exhausted as are all my friends and all my kids. So. much. Fun.
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • 2 more days CCL, 2 more days. Hang in there.

As for the house, I can't imagine how frustrating it is, but a least you know seem to have a timescale of sorts. As foxholes says, next summer :D
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,861 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Only one more get up til Half Term!!!!!
    cos today no longer counts:)
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Argh, how frustrating to be paying them a fortune just to sit and shoot the breeze! So unfair when it's not something you can afford.

For those asking about who Karen is. Google "Karen meme", and look at the images.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure