Do you Sell Anything on Etsy/Online?

Does anyone sell their stuff on Etsy?

Does ANYONE sell anything online?

I was thinking about selling my stuff on there but I feel like it's over-saturated.
There are just so many products out there I don't know how an earth people are going to find my customised stationery.
Is there any other way/method/platform I am visible on that I can sell on/reach the right audience? It's illustrative/graphicy designed products like planners etc

Advice needed, please

Comments

• eBay
    Gumtree
    Facebook Marketplace
    Amazon
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,190 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Lots of us sell online, mainly eBay or Amazon have a look at the dedicated board (see my signature).

I have used etsy on and off but find it expensive for the number of sales I got .
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Chloe_G
    Chloe_G Posts: 318 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Have you tried POD sites? I sell on Zazzle.
  • Ive never heard of Zazzle!! Whats a POD ??
    What do you sell on there??
    Need to do some googling Thanks Chloe :) !!
  • Chloe_G
    Chloe_G Posts: 318 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Hi League of Wolf,
    POD is a print on demand site. You will not get rich off them but your only loss will be time! You have your own 'shop' on Zazzle who will handle all the sales, products, delivery and you get a commission when one of your designs sell. (Small commission!) There are several POD sites such as Society 6, Redbubble etc.
    I enjoy putting my designs on Zazzle and it's better than nothing! The other designers on the Zazzle forum are really supportive.
    Good luck!
  • I sell frequently through Depop and Vinted - Both phone apps. I find these apps to be the best out of the lot including Schpok or Ebay.

I started Depop years before I started to buy and sell so I already had a good rating, But ever since i`ve been doing B&S my rating has exploded and I more or less have a sale or two every week, That is only on Depop though.

Vinted I find a little harder, I think that`s down to me because I don`t like the look of the site.

Last year I made a lot of money through Depop but that was only through constant plugging etc. If you have a low rating sales won`t be as frequent.

I mainly do this as a third income (I have a first and a second income) to pay off things like debts, loans, bills etc or even save up for a holiday.
    2017 Wins - Coco Pops, £100 Amazon voucher, Elf T-shirt, £250 Zalando Voucher and £250 FeelUnique Voucher, private gig concerts
    2018 Wins - Steep xbox game, 2 tangle teezer, Contagion Book, JC Annual, water sports bottle, 10p, 2 cricket tickets, can of fizz, 10p, Ribenia, Johnson baby products
  • lindens
    lindens Posts: 2,870 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I found Etsy hard work to keep ticking over - as in I had to promote constantly everywhere. I sold very little too.
    I find Ebay better and have sold much more
    You're not your * could have not of * Debt not dept *
  • I've only recently started purchasing gifts from Etsy but have found it to be a great platform. Personalisation is the main selling point for me. My sister sells those decorative table bottle lights, which are pretty common now but if you add a bit of a spin on it you'll definitely sell some. One person ordered 40 for a wedding, it was hilarious watching her package it up.
  • Yep I sell on Etsy through my shop Teeny Tiny Pocket World. Its going OK ish. I was thinking of also starting folksy.
  • Deru
    Deru Posts: 621 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I mostly sell on eBay, a bit on Amazon and even done Shpock.

For custom stuff, Etsy seems to be the way but you might as well try eBay for a wider audience.

I've never sold on Etsy but I know someone who does okay on there selling hand painted Dinosaur bone tee-shirts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure