PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weirdest tip ever?

Options

Comments

• pollyanna24
    pollyanna24 Posts: 4,370 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Am I being really dim, but... why would STs have "loops?" Is this way before sticky back time?
    Pink Sproglettes born 2008 and 2010
    Mortgages (End 2017) - £180,235.03
    (End 2021) - £131,215.25 DID IT!!!
    (End 2022) - Target £116,213.81
  • exlibris
    exlibris Posts: 696 Forumite
    Options
    Am I being really dim, but... why would STs have "loops?" Is this way before sticky back time?

YES!!

You also had to wear an elastic belt thingy with hooks on to fasten them to. This was in the days when everyone wore stockings and suspender belts before they became sexy!
  • juno
    juno Posts: 6,553 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    You can still buy them in larger Boots stores, actually.
    Murphy's No More Pies Club #209

Total debt [STRIKE]£4578.27[/STRIKE] £0.00 :j
    100% paid off :j

• destiny_star2006
    Options
    Baldrick: "I have a cunning plan."

Blackadder: "Is this plan so cunning, that you could pin a tail on it and call it a weasel?"

Baldrick: "Yes. If you microwave a turnip for 1 to 2 minutes, it peels just like a potato. Or is it the other way around?"
    whats this all about/???????????
    :rolleyes:
    We Make A Living By What We Get. We Make A LIFE By What We GIVE:money:

show me a man with both feet on the ground and i'll show you a man who cant get his pants off.
  • Stephen_Leak
    Options
    whats this all about/???????????
    :rolleyes:

Turnips > Baldrick > Cunning plans.
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • ellie14
    ellie14 Posts: 1,342 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If anyones having a bad day ,just look at this site ,I have howled laughing,keep them coming.
    Loved the one about the cats and tampons but I think I will stick to buying glitter covered mice ,my Barney only hides them anyway and brings them out on special occasions so just imagine having company!!!!:rotfl:
  • SUESMITH_2
    SUESMITH_2 Posts: 2,093 Forumite
    Options
    just nearly spat my tea at the screen at the viz top tips post
    'We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time
  • Ice_2
    Ice_2 Posts: 3,486 Forumite
    Options
    my first experience of the monthly cycle and my mum gave me a belt and loopy ST wow how thing's have progressed for the better...

blue tack stains on walls can be removed with a piece of bread...you rub the bread across the marks then hoover it up when you have finished...

also if you have a dip in your carpet where a piece of furniture has been put an ice cube on it and when it has disolved the carpet will spring back to life...

if your kids get chewing gum on there clothes put the item in the freezer once frozen you can pick the gum off easily...

a couple of teaspoons of bicarbonate of soda in the plug hole and a cup of vinager poured over it then left over night in the morning you pour boiling water over it to get an unblocked unsmelly drain...
    :DI could go on forever great thread...:rotfl:

Plans for 2009
    1/ Get fit. 2/ Get my figure back. 3/ Get the MAN BACK! :kisses2::happylove
    contrary to popular belief, I am all Woman.
  • moanymoany
    moanymoany Posts: 2,877 Forumite
    Options

Ah pollyanna, pollyanna, pollyanna - it is time to be grateful you didn't have to find out at the age of 12. The elastic belt had a slidey thing on it so it couold be made to fit around the waist. The elastic was about an inch wide around the waist. There were two pieces of elastic that hung down the front and back. The loop on one end of the Dr. White's S.T. hooked over the loop, the pad went between the legs and was hooked on the loop at the back. The elastic that hung down could be shortened.

They were big, chunky things. It was impossible to wear trousers or shorts with them. I knew nobody who used tampax until I was 17 when all things changed for me.

They were rather nastily referred to as 'jam rags' and one was 'on the rag'

When I started my periods my mother told me that I shouldn't muck about with boys anymore. I thought she meant when we played rounders or cricket on the green. It was years later that I understood she meant sexual things. What did she mean - anymore!!!!!
  • destiny_star2006
    Options
    lmfao:beer:
    We Make A Living By What We Get. We Make A LIFE By What We GIVE:money:

show me a man with both feet on the ground and i'll show you a man who cant get his pants off.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure