PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

OS marital ethical dilemma

Comments

• Roz_V
    Roz_V Posts: 1,152 Forumite
    rach wrote: »
    i hid some quorn in my OHs chilli last week, i didn;t need to, just felt like being devious :D

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I do this - OH will eat anything which is no challenge at all, so I like to "hide" stuff...

OP - just feed him the aubergines and tell him a few days after (when he can't suddenly feel "ill" :D
  • VickyA_2
    VickyA_2 Posts: 4,533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    My DH doesn't like aubergines or courgettes - he claims. He always takes them out of food........ However, when I make a veggie pasta sauce or veggie lasagne (as I am doing this weekend), then he wolfs it down and declares that they're "not that bad afterall". Admittedly, hidden with other tastes......... :D
    Sealed Pot Challenge #021 #8 975.71 #9 £881.44 #10 £961.13 #11 £782.13 #12 £741.83 #13 £2135.22 #14 £895.53 #15 £1240.40 #16 £1805.87 declared
  • joannasmum
    joannasmum Posts: 1,145 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My MIL has a long list of thing that apparently my DH doesnt like including most veg. Its funny really as the only thing I find that he really doesnt like is her cooking :rotfl: . I'd go for it what he doesnt know wont hurt him.
    Sorting my life out one day at a time
  • Catmeister
    Catmeister Posts: 94 Forumite
    npsmamma you are a saint :A

It has really put my ILs into perspective! Have you considered supplying your own list of no no foods? Taste of own medicine and all that?! :p

Re the aubergine, make something yummy with it, then invite the ILs round so that everyone has some. Prob best if MIL and FIL never find out, but your DH should be able to forgive, and might even thank you for making him embrace a new food! :cool:

Edit: On rereading your post, that was your suggestion! :o

Doitdoitdoit :D
    If you don't have anything nice (or constructive) to say... DON'T SAY IT!
  • Bargain_Rzl
    Bargain_Rzl Posts: 6,254 Forumite
    joannasmum wrote: »
    My MIL has a long list of thing that apparently my DH doesnt like including most veg. Its funny really as the only thing I find that he really doesnt like is her cooking :rotfl: .
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

All through my childhood I thought I didn't like beef. The trouble was, we never ever had it at home (our Sunday roasts were always lamb, pork or chicken, for some reason - presumably I ate mince, but ddin't associate this at the time with being beef). My only experience of beef, therefore, was (a) stews cooked by my Granny, and (b) school dinners.

Nuff said :D

I love the stuff now!
    :)Operation Get in Shape :)
    MURPHY'S NO MORE PIES CLUB MEMBER #124
  • celyn90
    celyn90 Posts: 3,249 Forumite
    rach wrote: »
    do it do it do it :D

i hid some quorn in my OHs chilli last week, i didn;t need to, just felt like being devious :D

:rotfl: :rotfl: glad I'm not the only one that does this! Ex-OH used to eat alot of stuff he "didn't like". It was really hard to cook sometimes, and it was not like I ever got an offer of help. I sympathise with people not liking things, but you can't pre-judge until you've tried it.

You could make it the day before, and ask your DH to taste it as a trial run when you're cooking (not mentioning any ingredients). If he thinks the in-laws would like it then its fine... :rolleyes: I agree with Catmeister though, what MIL and FIL don't know can't hurt you. It's difficult to reason with people sometimes, especially if it's so irrational.

Good luck with your dinner (and please may you post the aubergine and chickpea recipe if you have time, it sounds really nice!) :A
    :staradmin:starmod: beware of geeks bearing .gifs...:starmod::staradmin
    :starmod: Whoever said "nothing is impossible" obviously never tried to nail jelly to a tree :starmod:
  • npsmama
    npsmama Posts: 1,277 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I got found out. :o

DH is not amused.
    "Finish each day And be done with it.
    You have done what you could.
    Some blunders and Absurdities have crept in.
    Forget them as soon as you can."
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,148 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    npsmama wrote: »
    I got found out. :o

DH is not amused.
    You can't leave it like that:eek: , we want to know the juicy details :D

and so we can tell you how best to cover your tracks next time :whistle:
  • THIRZAH
    THIRZAH Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    My FIL-a retired doctor- thinks that fruit is bad for you! The only veg he'll eat are frozen peas-MIL once phoned to ask how to cook some fresh peas that she'd been given.
  • belfastgirl23
    belfastgirl23 Posts: 8,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    You owe it to him to make him try them again. Aubergines are sooo nice!

Although if you don't, all the more for you :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure