The use it or lose it challenge - please join in

Options

Comments

• Percy1983
    Percy1983 Posts: 5,244 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have already started this buts it an ongoing thing for me, as mentioned there is 2 things at play, clearing the junk and changing habits to not get more.

As a bloke I don't have a build up of toiletries or clothes, but I did find I had computer games and gadgets not in use. In a similar thing I have sold games I have done and I am sure this will apply to books aswell, if you wait and buy cheap then use/read then sell again there is next to no loss.

As it is I am now 'stealing' things frorm my other half to sell as we are trying to save up for a house, so the adventure continues.

So I had already converted but I am with you all.
    Have my first business premises (+4th business) 01/11/2017
    Quit day job to run 3 businesses 08/02/2017
    Started third business 25/06/2016
    Son born 13/09/2015
    Started a second business 03/08/2013
    Officially the owner of my own business since 13/01/2012
  • bloojeans
    Options
    I did post this morning but dont know where its gone ? So im in too.

Bl;);) x
    Thankyou to all who have the good heart to help me.
    Current weight 14-0 lossed 10lb Looking to save £s and shed lbs
    Christmas 2010 £14 (£2 coins) Savings £12 Emergency Fund £10. Even if you are the right track, you will get ran over if you stand still

• bloojeans
    Options
    bloojeans wrote: »
    I did post this morning but dont know where its gone ? So im in too.

Bl;);) x

Found post, it was missing at this end - or am i going crazy ?

Bl;);) x
    Christmas 2010 £14 (£2 coins) Savings £12 Emergency Fund £10. Even if you are the right track, you will get ran over if you stand still

• bloojeans
    Options
    I was going to the shops for bread and veg today. Checked have just enough bread for today and have frozen veg to go in sheperds pie. So thats my "use it" for today, which in turn has lead me to a NS day :j

Bl;);)x

• Snowmoredebt
    Options
    Im with you, if thats OK? We have plenty of stuff to be used up and in the new year I will start with the carboots, ebay and selling books and freecycle. We are hoping to move to a new home in about 18 months so using what we have instead of adding to it will really help. I may also work on the principle one thing in one thing out.
    Debt at LBM £19700 :eek:
    Arrears £4800

:j married 14/08/2010 :j
    Date wife can move to live with me 28/02/2011 (date she can leave work for good) :beer:
  • juicygirl
    Options
    Can I join in too please? Great idea!

My wardrobe is full of books I haven't got round to reading and now there are a pile more to add from Christmas. NO MORE TIL I HAVE WORKED MY WAY THOUGH THIS LOT! Those I don't fancy - on Amazon or staight to the charity shop!

Cupboard under the sink is full to bursting with toiletries - shower gel/bath foam/shampoo etc so I will buy no more until this is empty either.

Same goes for cleaning products/perfume/cookery books!
  • Odette
    Odette Posts: 716 Forumite
    Options
    Im in, Im moving in the next few weeks/months so I really need to get rid of alot of stuff I seem to accumulate. I would love to have a minimilistic new home!

Tomorrow Im going to really utilise one of my days off by going through my wardrobe and throwing out all the bits I dont wear anymore.

Thanks so much for this challenge.
    Aim - BUYING A HOUSE :eek: by November 2013!
    Saved = 100% on 03/07/12 :j
  • Jewelleryfan
    Options
    Welcome to everyone :j

I have a small confession :o

I went sales shopping today and bought everything that i needed but i went into the body shop and bought some smellies.

In my defense it was for a present, so technically it doesnt count ;):p
    Saving my pennies for my wedding on 10th August 2013! :D :j
    First date 28/01/2010 :) Engaged 25/08/2011 :D Getting married 10/08/2013 :j
  • svb53
    svb53 Posts: 214 Forumite
    Options
    close call Jewellery fan!! I had to go into a town centre for work today, and all I saw were sale posters screaming at me. Particularly the La Senza ones! Luckily I resisited. How my attitude has changed though in such a short time. Up until my LBM on xmas eve, I would've thought nothing at paying £4 0r £5 on lunch at work, or magazines and chocoalte. Today I seriously begrudged paying 40p for the car park.
    To everyone who has joined today, welcome aboard, great to see so many of you.
    I'm having a night curled up on the sofa, finishing off one of those books that has gathered dust for over a year. One down, several hundred to go!

SVB X
    LBM 27/12/14.
    January Ebay and Amazon aim: £500. £22/£500 January weight loss aim 10lb. 0/10.
    1 debt vs 100 days challenge £22/£500 by 7th April.
    Nsd January aim 20. PAD starting 29/12/14 £2
  • Jewelleryfan
    Options
    svb53 wrote: »
    close call Jewellery fan!! I had to go into a town centre for work today, and all I saw were sale posters screaming at me. Particularly the La Senza ones! Luckily I resisited. How my attitude has changed though in such a short time. Up until my LBM on xmas eve, I would've thought nothing at paying £4 0r £5 on lunch at work, or magazines and chocoalte. Today I seriously begrudged paying 40p for the car park.
    To everyone who has joined today, welcome aboard, great to see so many of you.
    I'm having a night curled up on the sofa, finishing off one of those books that has gathered dust for over a year. One down, several hundred to go!

SVB X

It was like torture being in there and not buying anthing and the scary thing is i could have spend so much in there without a second thought! :o

I think i need to add to my list of smellies and books, as i love pj's and totes bed/slipper socks :D Like you said i could also easily go into La Senza etc and buy loads.

If i could live in PJ's i would :rotfl:
    Saving my pennies for my wedding on 10th August 2013! :D :j
    First date 28/01/2010 :) Engaged 25/08/2011 :D Getting married 10/08/2013 :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure