Wowcher / renewelectronics

My partner has bought an IPHONE 5 as a present from RENEWELECTRONICS. It arrived today and she would like to return it for a full refund. Have emailed RENEWELECTRONICS for full refund without reply. There's no phone number for RENEWELECTRONICS. I've sent a direct message via Twitter to Wowcher.

Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• mattyprice4004
    mattyprice4004 Posts: 7,492 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Why does the phone need to be returned?
  • Why does the phone need to be returned?

Does the 30 day return rule cover just wanting to return it?
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Does the 30 day return rule cover just wanting to return it?

What 30 day return rule?
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • What 30 day return rule?

Thought you could return goods within 30 days of purchase?
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Thought you could return goods within 30 days of purchase?

No. If you purchase from a european company then for most goods you will have 14 days to cancel (starting day after delivery) and then 14 days from cancelling to return the goods.

The only 30 days I'm aware of in legislation is the period for delivery unless agreed otherwise & the time limit to exercise the short term right to reject for goods that don't conform to contract.

However, renew electronics appear to be an indian company, unless I'm looking at the wrong page.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • If I buy something in a shop (say a pair of trousers), go home, decide against them as they just don't go with anything I wear I've taken them back and received a refund. Tesco for example. Is that not the case?
  • If I buy something in a shop (say a pair of trousers), go home, decide against them as they just don't go with anything I wear I've taken them back and received a refund. Tesco for example. Is that not the case?

You are able return the trousers in your circumstances as a matter of the retailer's goodwill and individual returns policy. Returning because you've changed your mind isn't covered legally
  • PS - thank you for the reply!
  • Aylesbury_Duck
    Aylesbury_Duck Posts: 13,965 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Why did your partner buy a phone from an Indian website? I can't see any terms and conditions on their site. If she wants to return the phone just because she doesn't want it any more they are not obliged to accept it and refund her.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure