Glorious July's NSD Challange.

This challenge is about setting yourself a weekly / monthly target of how many No Spend Days you would like to try and achieve during the month of July
Keep us updated with your progress and hope you all enjoy the challange.

To join,
just post your personal target and you are on your way.

Tips for the challenge;
1. Decide on a clear goal weekly or monthly of how many No Spend days you'd like to try and achieve

2. Create a list of allowances...What counts as a spend and what doesn't. Keep the list on you so you don't fall of the wagon or make exceptions for everything

3. Keep a tally of how many NSDs you get. See if you can beat your previous amount!

We CAN do it:D
I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.

Comments

• spudsmum
    spudsmum Posts: 584 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I will join again beanielou.

Gonna be realistic with the school holidays coming up and aim for 7.

YS, medicene, babies nappies, wipes, milk etc are exempt, as is anything i buy for work as thats claimed back through expenses.
    Total debts £21050! :eek: now £10941. 76. Total extra income made in Jan22 £109. 27 Feb 22 £45.25 Total extra income made in 2022 £154.52 Aiming for debt free at 45 - 41 months to go!
  • Hopeless_Case
    Hopeless_Case Posts: 949 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler
    I'd like to join too please and aim for 10

This is new to me, but I'll start off with excluding medicines, 50% off or more YS items, and food for cricket team/work which I claim back

This is a work in progress so I'll see how it goes and if I need more exclusions ! :)
  • marmiterulesok
    marmiterulesok Posts: 7,812 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Hi beanielou,I'd like to join again and go for 20nsds.

Budgeted spends are allowed this month ie food budget,plus bills and anything that I have a subscription for ie swimming or bus pass.

So today is #1! :)
  • Can I join with 15 please?

Today isn't a NSD, We went car shopping and i brought some sandwhiches for the bus journey to get there.... we drove the car back lmao (my f.h passed on thursday)
    Wedding Fund: £1107.23 / £2,500 Xmas'18: £100.00 / £300.00 Emergency Fund: £100.00 / £1,000H2B ISA: £30.50
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,118 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    spudsmum wrote: »
    I will join again beanielou.

Gonna be realistic with the school holidays coming up and aim for 7.

YS, medicene, babies nappies, wipes, milk etc are exempt, as is anything i buy for work as thats claimed back through expenses.

You can do it :)
    I'd like to join too please and aim for 10

This is new to me, but I'll start off with excluding medicines, 50% off or more YS items, and food for cricket team/work which I claim back

This is a work in progress so I'll see how it goes and if I need more exclusions ! :)

Welcome:D

Good idea to see how it goes :)
    Hi beanielou,I'd like to join again and go for 20nsds.

Budgeted spends are allowed this month ie food budget,plus bills and anything that I have a subscription for ie swimming or bus pass.

So today is #1! :)

YOu can do it marmite:D
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    Can I join with 15 please?

Today isn't a NSD, We went car shopping and i brought some sandwhiches for the bus journey to get there.... we drove the car back lmao (my f.h passed on thursday)

Good luck :)

• beanielou
    Forgot to post my own target!
    Going for 16.
    Excludes any trips to vet, food & petrol as long as I stay in budget & yoga.

• Hopeless_Case
    Hopeless_Case Posts: 949 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Rampant Recycler
    I'm aiming for the first of my NSDs today - was meant to be one yesterday but we were ended up going to Mr T for bread and houmus and crisps :o
  • marmiterulesok
    beanielou wrote: »
    YOu can do it marmite:D

Thank you beanie! :)
  • marmiterulesok
    Today should be #2.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors