Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 3 - A New Beginning

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,699 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Thanks for making time to update us all, ccl. Take care of you. Hugs xx
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    When I read that he was going to see the local Housing Team I was rather worried that they would tell him his rights about the property - at the end of the day their job is to prevent homelessness and by telling someone to return home they have done what they needed to and that's a tick in the box.

He clearly didn't explain the history to them otherwise their advice would have been different.

Instead of going for an injunction cant you go for an occupation order which states who can live in the home, there has to have been behaviour like his and the judge will make an order that he has to stay away for a year and cant live in the property.
    Hopefully within that year you will all be sorted out.

(((CCL and kids)))
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hi everyone :beer:
    I can't believe how busy at work today has been. Normally the exam season is hard work but pleasant. It's a new specification this year so it's hard work and a bit stressful as well. I got there for 9 today and we left just before 7pm and I need to be back in by 9am again tomorrow. So I'll be catching up on here then heading off for an early night. :D
    Thanks all of you for your kind words as always. Foxgloves - I think a knitted medal would be the very best kind of medal to have. :D When I saw the solicitor on Wednesday he said that on paper I could afford the mortgage for the house on my own, and that ex will never be able to afford it. So, I have put in an application for a mortgage in my own name, with a little bit of extra added on, with the intention of paying ex off and getting him out of my hair once and for all. Me and the solicitor went through the situation with the equity in the house and costs etc - he says that I should total up everything I'm spending on ex at the moment because that will come out of his share of the equity. Very simply speaking, it looks as though once costs etc are all taken into account then he will walk away with nothing. Things are definitely moving and we managed to have a civil exchange via text message this morning, and he mentioned getting a room in a flat share so I'm really hopeful that this will happen sooner rather than later. I have another appointment with the solicitor next week, which is going to cost £650 but will include the divorce and can go into the 'added costs' pot.
    The one thing that is stressing me out is that I have used up all of my savings and started using my emergency credit card. So I'm starting to get into debt again. At the moment I see this as unavoidable, but I really don't like it (in fact I could cry). I'm just totalling everything up, trying to stay calm and sensible and then I'll get on with debt busting again once this whole, nasty situation is over.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Wow, another weekend has passed with barely time for me to breathe. Saturday's meeting was just as hectic as Friday, and at one point it was looking as though I might not make it home on Saturday night. I ended up getting the second to last train home and was in the house just after 11pm after getting the ok to get a taxi from the station to get me home. Pretty much straight to bed and sleep, and then up and busy first thing yesterday.
    So, yesterday I had to get up and finish the bit of work I didn't get done in London, followed by tutoring for a couple of hours, followed by visiting my mam for a proper catch up. She wanted to make sure I was ok, because I rang her when I was in the midst of trying to get my ex out of the house last week. She's pleased that I'm ok. Then I went out with my bestie and had a really good night out with a few drinks. DD babysat and I was home for 10pm :D
    Then today is one of the busiest days with regards to exam stuff so I've been stuck wading my way through paperwork and admin for ages. I'm just about to take a break now as I'm not properly caught up on my sleep just yet and I'm getting run down and starting to make mistakes.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,162 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Hope you got through today.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Make sure you take things easy and get the sleep you need.

Are you on half term now?
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Morning all :coffee: :hello:

Sorry for being awol again for a few days. Nothing serious - just absolutely manic in terms of stuff to do and no time to do it in. I'm fine, and just taking a well earned break from exam marking to update properly on here. Thanks to everyone that has messaged me - it really does mean a lot to know that people care. :D

So, what have I been up to since Monday? Let's get the work related stuff out of the way first. Yes, it has been half term, but also the busiest time of the exam season and I'm right in the middle of it. I spent all of Monday getting my marking team set up and sorted, and then preparing for marking the next 2 papers that I'm marking as well. I then got a phone call on Tuesday morning asking if I had the capacity to take on any extra marking as someone had dropped out of the biology marking team. So I said yes, of course, because 1. I like the marking side of things, 2. I need the money, and 3. It will stand me in good stead for future work with the exam board. So everything came at once for me, including supervising my marking team, preparing for the next 2 papers and then emergency marking this one that came in all of a sudden. It has literally taken every spare moment that I've had up until about 11pm last night to get caught up but I am just about there and the workload is where I expect it to be for the moment - still have stuff to do but not loads and loads, as long as I stay on top of it.

This extra workload also coincided with my trip to Alton Towers with bestie and the kids. We had booked it this time last year for 2 days and there was no way that I was going to cancel or change anything - particularly as the kids were so excited about it all. So whilst the timing wasn't great I was determined that we were going to enjoy a couple of days away, which we did. But wow, my legs were so sore with all of the walking - I'm so fat and unhealthy - and I have come home with a new determination to get a bit thinner. Even more so because I chose to go on very few rides for fear of being too fat for them. I have dug out my blood sugar diet book and that's where I'm headed as of Thursday. Must get rid of some of this gut and weight - I was most upset getting on the scales. However, the kids had a fantastic couple of days away, although the freakish weather did spoil the second day somewhat. Can't believe I got sunburnt on the first day there, and soaked to the bone on the second... We are intending to go back again over the summer holidays for a couple of days - hopefully with good weather!

We got back quite late Wednesday night and I was exhausted so pretty much straight to bed. Then I had an appointment with the solicitor first thing Thursday morning. I had contacted ex as I was starting to fret about the fact that the B&B time I had paid for had run out, and I was stressing in case he turned up at the house again. He has found a room!!! :j:j:j I'm really pleased that he's sorted something - I hope that this is him accepting and starting to move on. I know he hates it now but it is best for all of us, including him - he needs to learn how to be an adult and make some friends etc. So I had the appointment with the solicitor and got the divorce paperwork underway. I'm still working on a mortgage - trying to clean up my credit file a bit to give myself the best possible chance. Cost me another £650 so already June is looking like an incredibly tight month and it's only the 2nd. However, the exam money should start arriving before too long and hopefully I'll get a bit before the end of this month. The kids have both been trying to contact him but he hasn't replied to their texts/calls which is a real shame, but I'm not going to force the issue with him. This is something he needs to work out for himself.

Anyway, I'm going to get on and catch up on here - see what I've missed this past week. I'll check in later.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,162 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Wow, you have been busy!
    Glad Alton Towers was good.
    Glad that your ex has finally found a room.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,699 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Well done on not only being on top of your heavy marking load, but also taking on another batch - and beating it into submission!

The time away with the kids + bestie sounds brill. Enforced time away from the marking is a 'good thing'.

Well done on getting the divorce proceedings moving. Yes, it costs, but it will get you to the right place for you.

take care x
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • crazy_cat_lady
    I'm very tired and achy tonight, starting to think about going back to work on Monday, and I'd rather not just yet - I still have another day off to enjoy! I've promised myself 1 more hour of marking and then bed. Need to stay on top of this.

Ex got in touch today - wanting some stuff from my dad's and here. Rather than have him come over I have said I will drop it off to him. He doesn't have a car anyway so it will be easier to drop it off at his new place. I'm pleased because it means he is accepting stuff and moving on but I am also a bit stressed about it.

Caught up with bestie over our usual Saturday cuppa, which was lovely as always. Nothing much else to report here. Didn't manage a nsd - spent £15 in Mr L but it was well planned in terms of shopping for the week ahead, and getting bargain fruit and veggies. No other spends though, and it was nice to have a little walk out after the whole day indoors yesterday.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure