Dusty's Frugal Fortnights

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,117 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Lovely to see some positives.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • lonelyrat
    lonelyrat Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Dusty! Fantastic, fantastic news on the visit with the diabetic nurse! I can't say I fully understand everything but 49 down to 37 looks pretty great to me :T

Glad to hear the ironing has been done as well by Mr. Dusty! It's the little things! Sinking into bed with freshly washed sheets/ duvet covers really is one of my favourite things. I feel like I'm sinking into a cloud! Now if I could just get OH to start ironing them for me, hmmmm!

I like your list of positives. I am going to aim to write down a list of things I have to be grateful for/ positive about every week. Am hoping it will help me be slightly less of a negative nancy!
    Total Debt : ?? / ??
  • dustydigger
    dustydigger Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Oh LonelyRat,I love it,''Negative Nancy'' thats me!:rotfl:
    I'm lucky that Mr Dusty does the ironing. Apart from washing up once in a long while he does no domestic stuff whatsoever. I remember when we were first married,48 LOOONG years ago, he was so fussy if I left even one tiny crease on his shirt collars that we had a truly massive row,and he took over ironing all his own stuff and the sheets,and has done so ever since.I cant stay in the room when he's doing it though,he goes over every spot about 5 times.It can take 5 minutes to iron one shirt.It drives me bonkers.:rotfl: But it is truly immaculate,I couldnt equal it in a million years
    And of course,he leaves the ironing board and iron out,but putting them away is a small price to pay to avoid those shirt collars :D:D
    I dont even bother to iron most of my stuff I wear around the house(good old artificial fibres,I love you,the creases fall out within an hour)
  • beanielou
    Have to say I dont iron these days.
    Life is way too short :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• dustydigger
    edited 22 April 2018 at 12:37PM
    Well,I typed out my list of positives last night,jumped up and somehow twisted my ankle on standing!:mad:
    Its throbbing and I'm limping. Had intended to go for a walk this p.m. .Oh well,its nice to be indoors because its absolutely freezing out there.There's always a silver lining:rotfl::rotfl:
    And I should get some reading done,and perhaps read some MSE diaries. I havent had time lately to do it.I always learn something new,and its fun seeing the varied content,attitudes and strategies.I always thank heavens that I was so poor no-one would give me a credit card. The misery those things have caused the world is horrendous:eek::eek:
    Wonder if there is some sort of new ruling on receiving advertising emails. I did declutter my subscribed sites recently,but today I got emails from 4 different companies asking me to click if I want to continue with getting info. So except for my internet provider I clicked them ''off'' :D:D
    If you bought a hoover 3 months ago,do you REALLY need ads for the latest machine? Doesnt say much for the quality of their product,does it?:rotfl:
    I am steadily working through all my son's old correspondence,chucking out masses of old paynotes etc from as far back as 2010. My shredder's not working so it takes a while obliterating bank statement details etc by hand. Very boring,but makes me feel better doing that rather than putting it in the recycling bin untouched.Probably another half hour's work and that will be one load of rubbish out of the house:j
  • dustydigger
    Healthwise,the cystitis is almost gone,and I would feel confident of being able to go out without needing to rush to the loo every 10 minutes,(for a couple of measly drops!I hate cystitis)but I hurt my foot last night and amstill limping!:D:D
    Not much achieved today,got a big load of washing out,and it dried nicely in all that wind and sun. I have waited all day for this purported 20 degrees temp,but there was a nasty wind which brought the temp down,only now is it abating and it feels a bit warmer.With little wind tomorrow it should be better when I have to go to SW. No idea how its gone this week,better have a salad for supper tonight!:)
    We've had problems with the toilet cistern continuously running . The plumber mended it on Friday,back to the same situation yesterday,it ran all night sounding like a waterfall. Then as I was ready to phone the plumber again it stopped all on its own!:rotfl:
    Did a couple of surveys today,many times I miss out,but I made £3 on Prolific.thats a totalof £12 69,but I think you have to reach £30 before you can cash out. Long way to go,but the surveys are often interesting and quite short.Also cash in for a £5 amaz*n voucher for my book fund.Thats £15 altogether from My Survey in 3months,its quite quick building up considering how irregular I am at hitting onto surveys. 70year old are not usually the most popular demographic!:rotfl:.The worst is YouGov,I barely get more than one a week for 50 points,and you need 5000 to cash out.I am at 600 points now,so maybe by Xmas NEXT year?:rotfl:
    Finished off my sons old paynotes and bank statements from days of yore. Of course his latest paynotes still come to my house,he reads them then chucks them on top of the china cabinet, pile is building up nicely....(sigh)......
    Making progress with my books,finished a sixth,but am still a long way behind.
    If I hadnt hurt my foot I had intended to visit the family graves today,will see how I feel tomorrow,but after SW,my top up Ald! shop,and a visit to the library in the morning,then doing the dinner,I'm not sure if I will be up to it. But I will get a little bunch of flowers at Ald!
  • lonelyrat
    lonelyrat Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Hope your foot is feeling a wee bit better! Typical ... writing a list of positives then that happens :rotfl:

There is going to be a change soon with advertising emails! GDPR (general data protection regulation) comes into effect in May so it means that companies will be sending out emails getting your consent to continue marketing to you etc.

I love being able to hang washing out! It hasn't happened in a long while but currently have a load flapping about on the washing line :o
    Total Debt : ?? / ??
  • beanielou
    You Gov is sooo slow.

• dustydigger
    :j:j:j:T:T:T:beer::beer:

Woo-hoo,FINALLY reached the 4 stone loss level/I lost 1 1/2 lbs this week,though I dont really believe that,I have lost a bit of the oedema is all,but at last I can say I lost 4 stone. It only took 12 weeks to move from 3st 13 1/2 lbs to 4 stone!:rotfl::rotfl:I bounced between the same 2 or 3 lb till I was demented.
    I will need to increase my sluggish metabolism,and cut down on my syns if I am to compensate for the slowdown.
    Anyhoo,I have totally negated the loss today by eating fish and chips:eek:
    Never had my fave meal for many months,but promised myself the treat when I reached the 4 stone. And thoroughly enjoyed it!:rotfl::rotfl:
    Sad to say I still have the waterworks problem,its got worse again just when I thought i was improving.It was hard to sit still at SW for the whole class. So still not been to the cemetery. Want to bet by time I feel better the weather will have changed for the worse?:D:D
    Little housework.or decluttering done this week at all.Hairdresser is due tomorrow for a trim,and I need to tidy up!:)Mr Dusty has been doing the garden this evening and there is grass trodden right through the house,and I couldnt be bothered to do anything about it.too busy enjoying my fish Hoovering and mopping and returning stuff he left out to their rightful places will be a priorityin the morning. Will be salmon tomorrow for Mr Dusty,I have made a big pan of soup for me,so not too much cooking to do.
    LonelyRat was laughing at how as soon as I finished a list of ''gratitudes'' I hurt my foot,so dare I risk it again?:)
    +my foot is much better I had little trouble walking today.
    + another couple of Prolific surveys brought me up to £16:)
    +the wind finally dropped and we had lovely weather here on the northeast coast.Unusual!!!
    +the light nights are coming in apace,after 8pm before it was too dark to read.I find reading by artificial light very difficult so its great to be able to read more Also am waking earlier with the dawn chorus,and I am managing about 1 hour reading before getting up now.:T
    + finished another book,that makes 7/12
    +dont you just love the modern catch up TV,and the pause and rewind feature? I love all the BBC4 documentaries etc,especially art,music and history.Also old detective things on Drama etc.I rarely watch ordinary TV,and if Mr Dusty is in the room its wall to wall news!:mad:
  • beanielou
    Good news on the fish & chips & the 4 stones:j:j:j:j

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure