PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

2018 - No Clutter To Be Seen

Comments

• Thank you Sa1sysoo :-). I'm in please. Not sure what my exact goal is other than more must go out than comes in! I am largely clutter-free in many areas now, but there are still hotspots, plus Christmas, plus you can't ever really stop the fight against stuff :eek:. Good luck all. I've started well, some unwanted Christmas presents have already made their way to the charity shop and chocolate sent to work so I don't eat it all. I am ruthless.
    Guineapigsqueaks x

Keep Smiling :)
  • Igamogam
    Igamogam Posts: 6,024 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 2 January 2018 at 11:52AM
    Love the idea and will follow as a lurker! I have kondoed quite a lot already but really can't be bothered counting items but will read other people's stories! I give to charity shops,sell on Eb*y and Fbook. I give stuff away on fr€€cycle and pass things on. I am a demon recycler and will not willingly let things just go to landfill.....have fully embraced the reduced reuse recycle we of living and in 2018 we will be adding REFUSE in the mantra - as in not accept/decline /don't use........especially plastic. We have all got stainless steel straws and bamboo toothbrushes now and will not be using single use cups,bottles and cutlery in 2018! !

Old textiles BTW like bedding and towels are often gratefully received at animal rescue centres including old pillows and duvets.

Good luck everybody with your year of de cluttering!
    Be the change you want to see -with apologies to Gandhi :o
    In gardens, beauty is a by-product. The main business is sex and death. ~Sam Llewelyn
    'On the internet no one knows you are a cat' :) ;)
  • I shall continue to clear things out using the Kondo method but would love to keep a note on this thread of how many things I actually get rid of. Will aim for the 2018 to keep motivated as my little home is still swamped.
    My biggest area is paper - I've been keeping "information" for many years and find it hard to let go of - so most will be shredded or will go for recycling.
    Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • I'll be doing more uncluttering this year!

2018 = 39 items a week = 5 or 6 items a day

I am hoping that this is the year I will get to a point where theres nothing left to get rid of...but we shall see!

Good luck to all!
    ''A moment's thinking is an hour in words.'' -Thomas Hood
  • noelphobic
    noelphobic Posts: 2,297 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Yes that's what I keep thinking too, I only have one adult child so if anything were to happen to us (though I'm not planning on popping off any time soon) pity him to clear out all our stuff.

ve.

Same here :o
    3 stone down, 3 more to go
  • I would like to join in with this. Not sure I can do 2018 items but will have a good try. I am starting slowly with at least one item a day. Hopefully this will increase. I also need to stop buying so much stuff. There are only two of us, myself and partner, but my adult son moved out a few months ago leaving most of his stuff behind so I have that to wade through as well as my own clutter.
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,594 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Whats the Kondo method?
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • I'm in please! 2018 in 2018
    Declutter 2024 in 2024 /2024 SPC = 13 £45.32 (2023) £64.89 (2022) £95.67 (2021) £305.16 (2020)Loan paid off! Credit card paid off!!! Debt paid off, debt free date 28/12/2020
  • Would love to join in this year's declutter. We're planning on moving this year and there's no way I'm paying to move stuff we don't need / want anymore.
    It's better to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
  • short_bird
    short_bird Posts: 3,666 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure