Starting over 2017

Comments

• Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    It is! If only it was as easy to get out of debt as it is to get in it :rotfl:
  • Lemon_Tree
    Lemon_Tree Posts: 10,202
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Dorastar wrote: »
    Waves hello. £180 cheque from scrappy already paid in and DVLA slip sent back to get car tax refunded. Dad & lad off to 2for1 meerkat movies. I am going to have a brew & slice of cake while everyone's out.:T

sounds perfect in every way
  • Dorastar
    Dorastar Posts: 2,172
    Forumite
    Two moaning, mopey kids today and more rain. We are not a house of happy and everyone wants to eat different things and I so don't want a salad today as planned. Spent the morning dragging myself through paperwork to try and find any way out of this mess and not succeeding much. Off to raid my secret choccy stash for a boost of happy.
    Mortgage £131,417going down slowly Brightfuturefund (BFF) £8396
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Chin up x

Enjoy chocolate ;)
  • Dorastar
    Forumite
    DD is making cheesecake - we had all the ingredients in ;)

Finally managed to cheer the boy up by downloading a game he thought didn't work onto his Wii U, even had hugs because he was so pleased!

Cancelled another direct debit and chasing another one to sort out as I can't find any papers for it at all - good thing to come from all this I suppose is that the carrier bag method of storing household papers is now a thing of the past. Every cloud...

Tea already sorted and playing board games tonight - there may be blood spilt.:rotfl:
  • Dorastar
    Forumite
    Apologies for being a grumpy cow earlier. Slammed off two more PPI claims and reckon I've at least two more to investigate and some tax I can claim back too. The shredder has done overtime this afternoon, I have no idea why I have been hoarding papers for years, who honestly needs every council tax paper since God knows when? Will have so much space once I've done, just in time to fill it with all my stuff from work.
  • Dorastar
    Forumite
    Up and at 'em this morning to get a lot of faffy little things done. Opened emails to find gas/leccy direct debit has been reassessed and reduced by £31 a month, I queried it on Monday because it seemed high considering I am constantly nagging everyone to turn stuff off!
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,062
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    You can be grumpy - its your diary!

Glad you are feeling a little better.
  • Dorastar
    Forumite
    Half the things done and £6.95 in from surveys so happy that it's gone in not out, a minimum spend day too with just a whoopsie shop for a bit more meat for the freezer.
  • Hi there!

Sounds like you are making progess! Good luck on your journey x
    Lightbulb moment - 17/08/2017 £17,033.  Current CC debt £1750 DFD 31/7/24 5 months to go…. 21 weeks 

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback