Dancing in the Rain

Options

Comments

• Tinkerbelle2000
    Options
    WFH on a Saturday DIA?? Hope you are relaxing now. Its great that you have all that food readily prepared, I need to get back into my meal planning. I'm loving that the bullet journal is still helping you.

Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
  • Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Options
    I am feeling stressed. I am entering a time when I am not keen on my job. It isn’t the job exactly, more I just want to be free to do the things I want to do. I work below my ability in this role and whilst this is less stressful it isn’t ‘free’ enough for me and as a result I am losing confidence in myself. This might make no sense to anyone except me. If so, sorry for the waffle….:o

Recently Orange Ena and MT have both done the work on what they want to do next and where they want to be. I have also been inspired by Another Casualty who has bravely moved and resigned from his job.

I need to do some serious thinking about my future. I need to stay in this post, (or get another job) for the whole of 2017 in order to become debt free. Perhaps applying for roles with a bigger salary will help me get where I need to be faster. But I don’t want to get a new job where I am so miserable I feel compelled to leave? I don’t know!

I guess what I do know is I want to sell and move so I need money coming in to do up the house

I really feel for you DIA. It's that weird limbo feeling where you know things aren't quite right or you're not entirely happy and you know things need to change but it's overwhelming, wondering what to do, working out the logistics, fearing making a costly mistake. Circumstances might keep you in that position a while longer and it's so frustrating, but the planning and plotting and dreaming is a nice little escape from the daily grind. You're right with the small wins for now, it keeps it all ticking over, but they'll soon add up to bigger wins. If you think of what needs to be done to your house in percentage terms, then maybe getting the lights fixed was 3% and the mirror up was 2%, and look, 5% is done already! Break it down and then tick it off. Obviously you may need to adjust the percentages to fit but you get the idea!

Wishing you a wonderful week, plotting and planning :) x
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Orange_Ena wrote: »
    I really feel for you DIA. It's that weird limbo feeling where you know things aren't quite right or you're not entirely happy and you know things need to change but it's overwhelming, wondering what to do, working out the logistics, fearing making a costly mistake. Circumstances might keep you in that position a while longer and it's so frustrating, but the planning and plotting and dreaming is a nice little escape from the daily grind. You're right with the small wins for now, it keeps it all ticking over, but they'll soon add up to bigger wins. If you think of what needs to be done to your house in percentage terms, then maybe getting the lights fixed was 3% and the mirror up was 2%, and look, 5% is done already! Break it down and then tick it off. Obviously you may need to adjust the percentages to fit but you get the idea!
    Wishing you a wonderful week, plotting and planning :) x
    It so comforting to know at least one person completely understands where I am with this. Thank you so much for your post. It helps, probably more than you realise. I came to the same conclusion, that I will have to stay where I am, however uncomfortable, for the next 13 months… I really like the way you calculate the ‘small wins’. I think doing it your way will get me through. Thanks Orange Ena :A
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    I stayed in bed until 8.00am! Wonderful! I was creative today. It felt good after so long. I did a good 4 hours :)

I decluttered a bag of stuff to the CS.

I have a day of holiday tomorrow. I’m off to a friends tomorrow afternoon. In the evening we will spend the £40 of vouchers I got after complaining about our last disastrous night out at GBK.

So I can have another long sleep tonight :) I’m not sure it’s healthy to love sleeping as much as I do. Sloth-like behaviour I know. I blame it on my poor red blood count level.

Montezuma chocolate is 25% off so I treated myself to a dark chocolate and geranium bar. The poor weather was screaming ‘treat yourself’ so I did.

I hope you had a little treat today too reader. When we are debt busting we need them sometimes :)
    DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Tinkerbelle2000
    Options
    I love Orange Ena's way of thinking to DIA, it will make things slightly easier when you see that percentage go up.

Nice to hear you treated yourself too, you deserve it.

Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Have been eating chocolate buttons :eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 23 November 2016 at 7:03PM
    Options
    Back from my day off and night away at my friends. We went out for a lovely meal. I was good and had a small glass of wine and a goat’s cheese salad and some big fat olives. I got to spend some time with my godson and that is always a treat.

On another diary Alarae has 2 P/T jobs in addition to her F/T posts. One of the jobs is an online shopper. She works early mornings before work for 4 hours. I can do the same as the same supermarket is a ten minute cycle away. I looked on the site. I could do 12 hours 5-9 on 2 of the days but the 3rd is a problem, so going to wait and if it comes up on the days I WFH I will do it. It will prove time neutral if I get the right hours as a shift is the same time used as my commute :) The additional income will be so helpful for the next year :)

Nice to think there is another option. There is so much to be gained from these MSE sites :)

I am sailing close to the wind financially these few days before payday. I have just managed to stay in the black. A NSD tomorrow for sure :)

Looking forward to buying a cardigan with 30% off on Friday, taking my debt into the 15,000s, buying a dehumidifier and trying AGAIN :eek: to finally pay for my passport

Feeling hopeful about my abilities to build the kind of life I want to live :)

Happy hump day
    DIA x

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Options
    It so comforting to know at least one person completely understands where I am with this. Thank you so much for your post. It helps, probably more than you realise. I came to the same conclusion, that I will have to stay where I am, however uncomfortable, for the next 13 months… I really like the way you calculate the ‘small wins’. I think doing it your way will get me through. Thanks Orange Ena :A

Ah you're welcome, but sorry that you're in this position too. 13 months isn't forever although I can appreciate it feels like a long time when you're at the beginning of the end! We'll all be here to cheer you along, to celebrate the small wins and then congratulate you on handing your notice in or moving house or whatever it is you decide to do once you're debt free :T Next Christmas will be very exciting for you :j:j

:) x
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello DIA,

I'm sorry you seem a bit down about things. I think a few of us can promise you that 13 months won't take long. Look how fast this year has gone by? We're all here to support you.

Orange Ena has it spot on with keeping an eye on the wins that you're getting too. Loved that post.

You will get there, and hopefully you'll be able to enjoy the journey too.

MTxx
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    Keep plodding DIA, it does work and it goes faster than you think most of the time :)

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills