Dancing in the Rain

Options

Comments

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 14 November 2016 at 5:47PM
    Options
    I didn’t swim and gym, I couldn’t face it. :o Instead I walked 4/5 miles. I was tired at the end and hungry so it must have done me some good. I bought a book in the CS shop for £1.60. A hardback of a book I wanted that retailed at £14.99 :)

I made healthy choices all day. Veggies, pulses, fruits. :)

I was at the ticket machine trying to work out my ticket and it started spitting out coins (£4.50 )There was no one else at the machine and no one who had left so I kept it. I am starting a new emergency fund with it :)

It was not in doubt that I would keep to my DF plan but now I am working on an interim plan, so that I make progress on the small things for the next 13 months. I just have to accept I cannot do big things like the kitchen and bathroom until I am DF. I need to concentrate on what I can do —shift my focus.

I still feel upset about my family matter but there isn’t anything I can do/choose to do about that for now. Instead I am going to a friends tomorrow, working from her house remotely and then spending the evening with her. I have the free GBK vouchers so we will go there in the evening. I will also see my godson. :)

So on the this dull, grey and wet Monday I am looking forward to the super moon this evening. I am lighting candles, burning sage and rosemary and making a pot of orange pekoe tea

Happy Monday reader
    DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Tinkerbelle2000
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your family problems Hun but sounds like you have a lovely relaxing night ahead of you. Enjoy.

Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello DIA,
    I'm also sorry to hear about your family struggles. I'm the same with family so can relate to what you're saying. Sometimes we can be fine about it but I think that after a while things build up and hit us all at once.

I completely agree on the small wins to set for yourself as well as the longer term things. It's too hard going a year without nothing to show for it when you're saving towards a new kitchen or bathroom etc. But you do create a lot of smaller wins for yourself with your decluttering and lights changing and bullet journalling. I always think you're very proactive and on top of things. I think that maybe we all see our own flaws and job lists when we look around, but from an outside perspective I get to hear about all the lovely things you've done for yourself and have no clue about the condition of other areas of your life.

This weather doesn't help in the slightest either, does it? It's been so miserable and grey outside.

It's always helped me to have a goal I wanted to work towards. I know that I can sometimes hold onto the escapism of that, and so have sat on my plan for a long time just to ensure it's really where my passion lies. Another Casualty's diary is an inspiration, isn't it? He's done so well.

I hope you're feeling a little better today.

MTxx
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 15 November 2016 at 4:10PM
    Options
    Thanks Tink :A

And you too MT :A It helps to know others understand re family. Sometimes it feels like the world is full of fully functional, happy families, especially at this time of the year as we lead up to Christmas

And yes, small wins whilst I work on the longer term plan will be the way forward to me. That and being honest about my highs and lows in this truly remarkable space. Debt diaries is the first time I have ever put my thoughts into cyberspace and I thought long and hard about it, but it is one of the best decisions I have made. :)

Today

I am appreciating WFH today as it is grey and cold and damp and commuting would have been miserable. I’m going to take a day off next week to spend with my friend instead as it was too difficult what with little ones and noise to work there.

I made a vegan sweet potato frittata using gram flour instead of eggs and wow, it is gorgeous. I made some veggie, lentil and miso soup. I used lots of leeks as they are cheap and delicious at the moment. :)

I snuck in some drudge jobs like tidying and washing-up and washing clothes, so I am feeling much more on top of stuff as result. :)

I feel less sad and anxious today. I hope tomorrow I will feel even less sad and anxious. I shall, as beanielou is known for saying, keep plodding

What gloomy weather! Do something nice to bring a little more light into your day reader.
    DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Plodding is good :wink:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your family wobbles DIA. I'm sticking with my theory that anyone who tells you their family is normal, doesn't know them well enough :D

I get on OK with most of mine and am very grateful for that, as well as for my friends. Christmas is a bit of a funny time as we are rather scattered now, and those advert-style everyone-together celebrations don't really happen any more. Odd how we forget that they were nowhere near that much fun at the time :rotfl:as somebody was always grumpy for one reason or another.

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • Tinkerbelle2000
    Options
    Christmas is a bit of a funny time as we are rather scattered now, and those advert-style everyone-together celebrations don't really happen any more. Odd how we forget that they were nowhere near that much fun at the time :rotfl:as somebody was always grumpy for one reason or another.

Rosa xx

I can so relate to that. I love watching the adverts and Christmas films and always wish Christmas was like that. In reality we have a very grumpy uncle every year who makes the grinch look like a Christmas elf lol.

Hope you had some of the Sun we had today to cheer you up.

Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Today I was WFH but managed to get ahead with food for the fridge. I had a few days in the office with no food from home to take in. It’s surprising how much financial harm I was able to do in 2 days. I swear what with coffees, breakfast and lunch I pushed through the £20 barrier. What a waste. :(

Washing-up X1 X1 X1 X1 (Yawn)

Cooking ahead. Made:

1 Veggie and lentil soup
    2 Buckwheat pizza: cheese, anchovies, mushrooms, herbs (ate it for lunch)!
    3 Buckwheat bases for pizza
    4 Black eyed peas
    5 Red and white quinoa
    6 Tuna in tomatoes and pomegranate (cheated with the sauce from Waitr0se)
    7 Prepped wild rocket

It is nice to have healthy fresh food in my fridge again :)

I am still in love with my bullet journalling. It is so great. I can see exactly where I have time, where I can save time. An example? I wanted a week off in the early new year. Because all my dates are in I can clearly see half term from my course will work best so going to have a staycation then. :)

Payday on Friday. It will be good to make a payment to my debt and see the total slip down again :)

A lazy evening for me as I am bushed!

Off to browse other people's diaries...

Have a lovely weekend reader
    DIA x

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    All sounding very positive :)
    Have a happy weekend.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    All sounding very positive :)
    Have a happy weekend.
    Thanks beanielou, you too :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills