A whole new world, for now

Comments

• in_need_of_direction
    in_need_of_direction Posts: 7,282 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 18 July 2018 at 7:57AM
    Money was spent yesterday inc on the prime day. Use was made of a £10 sb voucher which helps. Frivolous items such as light bulbs were purchased. I am more than 50% of the way towards a second sb voucher claim but am holding off claiming until there is a swago to benefit from any additional sb. Yesterday, pa awarded me a £1.16 bonus so I've passed the halfway point for a payout.

All bar one eBay items have been paid for so these have been parceled up to be despatched today. I will do this en route to a meeting then the afternoon will be spent in poorly but regularly paying client. It remains warm and muggy here but slightly cooler than last week. I fantasize about wakening up and feeling cold.

Today I am grateful for
    Seamless arrangements for servicing my car
    A takeaway treat from DH for last night's dinner
    Some progress work wise
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Another too hot disturbed night. I am grumpy. I need sleep. Am due at a client this pm but they were supposed to have had work to me by yesterday and it's only half done. I don't see the value in having yet another meeting about what I need from them. Fingers crossed I can get them to see that.

On other news, I heard from both the offspring yesterday which is a bit of a rarity and caused me to ask what was amiss. I was then accused of having a suspicious mind!
    I received a cheque for my business account yesterday and also a lovely gift from someone I gave a few hours to help. It's amazingly pretty and very me. Def not one for the bay! I am conscious however that things are coming into the house while I'm trying to declutter. It's hard to reconcile.

Today I am grateful for
    A beautiful and unexpected present from someone who sees value in my input
    The chippy being closed for holidays thereby saving me from myself!
    Being able to cost effectively source what my business needed
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,258 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Another too hot disturbed night. I am grumpy. I need sleep. Am due at a client this pm but they were supposed to have had work to me by yesterday and it's only half done. I don't see the value in having yet another meeting about what I need from them. Fingers crossed I can get them to see that.

On other news, I heard from both the offspring yesterday which is a bit of a rarity and caused me to ask what was amiss. I was then accused of having a suspicious mind!
    I received a cheque for my business account yesterday and also a lovely gift from someone I gave a few hours to help. It's amazingly pretty and very me. Def not one for the bay! I am conscious however that things are coming into the house while I'm trying to declutter. It's hard to reconcile.

Today I am grateful for
    A beautiful and unexpected present from someone who sees value in my input
    The chippy being closed for holidays thereby saving me from myself!
    Being able to cost effectively source what my business needed

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: At having a suspicious mind.
    Reminds me of Candi Staton!

Glad you got a lovely gift:A
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,100 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Nice to have a lovely gift. I'm with you on bringing stuff in when trying to declutter.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic

I'm an ardent de-clutterer, but I do believe that lovely things which genuinely give one pleasure should be treasured! Perhaps get rid of two things that you're not keen on to make way for the new gift?
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • SSG, that's good advice. My issue is that most of my jewellery comes as gifts apart from a piece or two that I really wanted and still love. I struggle to get rid of presents.
    Well, what a day I had yesterday. I was up bright and early and on the road to Dublin shortly after 6. As I was low on diesel, I stopped off about 20 miles in to fill up and realised that I had no purse. I tried calling a friend who lives close by but got no reply, it was early. My other potential go to in that area is currently in Spain. I wouldn't have made my meeting if I'd returned home to get my purse. I went into the shop before filling and the ladies were wonderful. Well done to sainsbugs for having a process for these instances that even allows me to pay at a closer to home location.

I keep a euro purse in the car but this contained only coins. I was able to pay main tolls but not the !!!8364;10 needed to use the tunnel so I had a longer journey. Delivered first training session then went to the loo where I could not get the door unlocked! I battered and thumped but I was at the back of the building. I managed to get the key out, applied hand wash and it turned. Yay. Was no sooner back in the training room when I was asked to absent myself for 10 mins. This was to allow a Muslim staff member to pray. I just wish they'd told me in advance as I was then grabbing things, shutting down in a hurry etc. so, when I'm doing a half day session on a dry subject, I go armed with goodies that I put out at the midway comfort break. Normally I would pick up grapes but was preserving my tint stash of euros. Instead. I presented the person who I by then knew to be Muslim with some jellies. It was only when they remained untouched that I realised what a muppet I had been!

To get home, I then had Dublin rush hour traffic as I couldn't afford the tunnel! I was shattered when I got in but at least a good part of the journey was spent chatting to dd which was good.

Today I am grateful for
    Companies having processes for times when things don't go to plan
    DH having provided me with a packed lunch, drinks, etc. that saw me through the day
    The rain that brought a cooler night and a better sleep
  • Yesterday was pretty much a wash out for me. I had a headache and initially an upset stomach. I just crashed and felt so much better for it. I roused myself close to 5 o'clock as yesterday was the last day to use my £5 off a £25 shop so we both went. I also got some reduced household items which don't count towards the spend target but included 2 lovely planters down to £3 from £9. My dinner came from items purchased while dh's came from the freezer. We also took a stroll in a park and, while we didn't go far,it was good to get out and about. Today house stuff needs attended to. First though a conversation will be had with mr wii. I've remained stuck for the past 3 weeks but am hoping there's a positive to a dodgey tummy.

I continue to plug away at sb but only got 17p all of last week from pa. We relisted 2 of the 3 unsold items from last week but there's no interest at all and they close today. We also had one non payment item last week. I don't understand why people do that.

Anyhow, it's a bit cooler today so I'm going to make soup to use up my 10p whoopsied leeks. This will require some freezer Tetris which may even inform a meal plan or two. Tonight we are out for dinner to use a voucher that expire in 10 days. Thanks to a cashback offer we are having a three course meal for both of us for a net cost of £14.

Anyhow, I now gotta go face the music. Today I am grateful for
    Being to make a small improvement for others
    Reductions for things I can use
    Weather that suits me better
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,258 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Hope that Mr Wii is kind to you.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Noooooo. I had just written a really long post that has gone
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,746 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!

Anyhow, it's a bit cooler today so I'm going to make soup to use up my 10p whoopsied leeks. This will require some freezer Tetris which may even inform a meal plan or two. Tonight we are out for dinner to use a voucher that expire in 10 days. Thanks to a cashback offer we are having a three course meal for both of us for a net cost of £14.
    You do well with offers and YS. I also made soup despite the weather. I love soup all year long :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family