What small DFW things will you do w/c 25th June?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,615 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone

spudsmum hope the twins are feeling better
    mmharko welcome
    the analyst sounds like you are doing really well with your overdraft and have a plan in place

Today I am having a relaxing day.
    Seemed to rush around yesterday getting everything ready for DD BF arriving.......i refuse to buy any more food.....fridge and freezer are bursting
    We went to training last night. I was so tired after I just about managed to make some food, have a shower and then I crashed
    Happy July everyone.....still need to do my spends summary for June, might do that today with letter for friend.
    Will do a quick tidy around as it quickly spirals out of control if I don't stay on top of it.
    Washing out
    Got a really good deal on a couple of presents DD wanted in the Urb@n Decay sale. They were free postage, I wanted one item, all in the sale but refused to order until DD got a discount code with being a student.....saved over £8 on the order altogether on sale items, DD very pleased as like every uni student is pleading poverty!

Think that's about it from me
    Have a great day everyone x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,586 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Woke up this morning thinking it was Friday, not sure if I thought it was last Friday or next. Still feeling slightly discombobulated.

Today's list:
    Dry washing on the line
    Keep blinds closed to keep the cooler
    Home Educate children for free
    Turn off lights when not in use
    Turn off appliances when not in use
    Stick to meal plan
    Write meal plan for next week
    RM survey, get ready for next week
    Set dw to run overnight
    Set wm to run overnight
    B/L/D from stores
    Keep up to date with 3 email accounts
    Deal with at least 10% from 1 of my other 3 email accounts
    Sort HE station, lots of things have been left on it, none of which are HE
    Give the kitchen a quick blitz, before it gets out of control
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Villa is go go go.

We are the only ones out of the 6 adults that actually have any money saved (inc emergency fund!) so we are paying the deposit. Need to do this tonight.
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello :j
    Very hot but dull and sort of thundery here today - don't know if we will get a storm, but we sure could do with some rain!

Went to a couple of car boot sales as we often do on Sunday mornings. Not much spent, as there wasn't much I wanted to buy :( Did spend £2 on tomatoes and bargainous avocados :) And a few ££ on things to sell on. Business records and spending diary updated accordingly.

Other things:
    Got rid of mangetout vines as they are finished now. All in composter. I have some seeds soaking ready to sow some more, as they are nice to have, and look quite pretty :)
    Picked half a carrier bag of broad beans :)
    Dug some potatoes :)
    Picked, washed, chopped and froze some spinach :)

Finally used up strange yogurt from Icyland and made garlic flatbreads. Had a couple with dinner, must freeze the rest. I will add more seasoning and make them smaller next time.
    Dinner was snipped up sausages with roughly cut up peppers and onions, par boiled potatoes, scattered over some chopped up garlic and fennel seeds, tossed with a few tablespoons of olive oil, seasoned with salt and pepper. Roasted in oven. Turned when necessary. When almost done, added some tomatoes, whole if cherry tomatoes, or cut up if like me, you use big ones that have been lurking towards the bottom of the fridge. Put back in oven until sausages and veg were cooked and golden and the tomatoes had mostly collapsed into the juices at the bottom of the pan. I served this in bowls with a garlic flatbread - yummy, if unconventional Sunday roast for the price of a packet of YS sausages from freezer, and veg that had been lurking in the fridge :)

Now to repot some basil seedlings I think, and see if there is anything else I can't get away without watering!
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi all

What a fabulous week and weekend, DD took DH and I to a Motown evening in our local Botanical Gardens last night and it was fabulous, she really spoils us and is great company too, it was a great night and the weather just made it even better - 3000 people picnicking, chatting and enjoying the music.

Today we enjoyed the great weather, had a lovely walk, an ice cream and managed:

Checked Bank & made PAD
    Cleaned fridge and freezer
    Visited mum
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer
    Checked: Tombola Stars, Lucky Bob, Luckyphone, FPL & WinaDinner
    Read

Night all!

C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 1 July 2018 at 11:22PM
    Options
    Evening all, I've just had a quick read through and you are all way ahead of me with your veggies, my new plot only gets the sun in the morning which possibly isn't enough, I may have to trim back a tree to extend the hours of sunshine next year.

I sold my sofa today (the third in this house!) even though, when I bought it, it was perfect but now the cards are taking over the sitting room I have bought (from eBay) another snuggle chair which will free up some room around my work station so my chair doesn't crash into it.

In a bizarre manifestation of what a small world it is, the woman who bought it was the same one who bought an armchair I sold last year, and, even more bizarrely, I'd only introduced myself to her the week before at a dog show as she rescues 'wheelchair' dogs and I recognised her pooch from her FB page.

I've managed to eat from the freezer today though not very healthily, chips and grated cheese for lunch and sweet and sour chicken for dinner. I did though shop for some bits for DS who is on a diet and doing really well, he's also joined a 24 hour gym so he and his mate go there late when it's quieter. I also had bought 10 punnets of raspberries for 49p each the other day and divied them up into freezer bags so I had a bag of those too.

I've just ordered another batch of 'pocket money' toys for a summer fair I am doing in a couple of weeks time. I bought some before to supplement what I make selling my cards at fairs (not a lot!) and have made £400 to date (two fairs) selling them!

I just spent a horrible couple of weeks while my Amazon account was suspended for re verification but I'm back on now and it doesn't seem to have affected my ranking too much though I missed out on a couple of weeks of First Holy Communion cards sales which had been selling well until that point but I'll just keep them for next year.
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,112 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all,
    New week, always feels a bit like a new start. Have a big job list today, so I'm going to finish my coffee & get cracking. Will pop back later with the money saving bits.
    Cheers,
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,586 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello to everyone reading. Come and join us on this weeks thread.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • ThinVonD
    Options
    :beer::j:A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing