PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 4th September 2017

Comments

• Morning All

Feeling decidedly under the weather today, we have all succumbed to very heavy colds. Fortunately, I have no paid stuff today so a day dosed up on the sofa beckons. Working for the rest of the week so need to get myself as well as can be.

Persisting it down here so laundry can wait xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Good morning everyone,

Sorry I didn't get round to posting yesterday. It was a full on day at work, school not back until tomorrow, and generally just one of those days. I spent the entire evening in the company of the laptop trying to wade through the mound of paperwork that has accumulated. Some of it budged but the pile is still there.

Today DD wants to go out (again??!) for the day. I was banking on her natural inherited laziness winning the day but her alarm clock has just gone off. Ho hum. And has she tried on her school trousers despite the nagging and the fact that she has clearly grown???

Lots of ((hugs)) to Natty. Mrs MP - I don't know how you do it. Well done on surviving to all those returning to difficult work situations.

ATB - I think there is a lot of the end of summer cold going around. People at work were definitely sniffling and DD was showing signs last night. Snuggle yourself back on that sofa x

Valli - I now have Ballroom Blitz on repeat in my head....:rotfl:
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,017 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    It's tipping down here. The Tour of GB cycle race is in the county today - and will be passing my house this afternoon. Hope it fairs up a bit!!! If not I'm the one stood at my gate with a big black brolly :D

I want to watch the race as it progresses round the county so I'd best crack on and get the dailies done if nothing else.

Rx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • pigpen wrote: »
    it's only an issue in pregnancy if they havent had chickenpox already.. and weeks 13-20 where there is a small risk of miscarriage.. it is more dangerous if the rash is on the face as it can cause blindness if it gets to the optical nerve.
    Chickenpox is horrid to have as an adult.. my uncle had it at 40 and was very very ill for about a month and off work for 3 months!

DH had chickenpox as an adult when our girls all had it together as little ones. (5, 3 & 6mths) he was terrible had them everywhere and really suffered with it. When the boys came along I made sure they got it as soon as poss by getting invited round to play with children who were suffering. Does that make me an evil mum?
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Morning all
    Today I need to sew dd2s bridesmaid dress as it's showing too much cleavage! Finish dgs bow tie, finish knitting lace edge and get it sewn on, ring to book meal for mils 90th birthday, dye my hair, buy paper tissues as I know I will blub for England on Friday (happy tears of course) help Dh with his speech, and do today's flying list. Luckily I'm only in work at lunch today so it's all doable.

Hugs good wishes and posi vibes to all who need/want them

Pigpen I hope the uniform turns up.

X
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Morning! We're home! :)

Didn't get in till gone midnight so littlies are still in bed. I'm up and showered, WM going (will have to dry indoors with this weather), fridge anti-bac'd in expectation of groceries arriving, and I thought I'd make a lovely coffee, pop 2 parrots for my head and check in with you lovely lot. Lists are appreciated, however I might be doing my own thing this week!

Sorry to hear your news natty xx
    Counting down with you froddy xx
    Get well vibes to all poorlies and hugs to everyone in need, oh and uniform finding vibes too :)

We are not back to school till tomorrow although I need to pop down to college this aft to sort enrolment, and we need to go collect the furries from their holiday too. We'll keep them in the conservatory today, I think, as the kiddies want to be around them. And it's too wet for grass time.

I fed the lawn before we went away and it's gone rampant :T I think the grass has started to overtake the clover, so I'm going to get another bottle of 3vergreen and do it again in a week or too, just to finish it off, it looks very lush, but needs a cut when it's dry.

DD was 7 yesterday, we had chocolate gateau at my dads place in Spain, with candles stuck right into it as I didn't bring the little plastic picks, lol. Ah well, she was happy to blow them out and she has a couple of cards and gifts here too, when she wakes.

Was lovely to get in our own beds :D
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Ishtar
    Ishtar Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    It's the last day of the school holidays here and I look around at the destruction that was my house. Granted, it wasn't ever that tidy.....

I finish work next week, back to being a SAHM for a while, so as my first task is to tackle the pit, I thought I'd wander back to you lovely people and get some structure back in my life.

I'll start with Tuesday level one I think, along with the uniform labelling, school dinner money finding, etc, etc.

Have a good day...
  • poohbear59
    poohbear59 Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Huge hugs Natty. Really sorry.

Mrsmoneypenny I hope everything goes to plan this week. It sounds like you have it all in hand.

Valli and Froddington and any more teachers here. I do think of you. It makes me appreciate my early retirement every September when all the teachers go back to school. I won't say back to work because I know you have been working during the holiday too. You have my admiration because it is not an easy job. I miss it and the kids but not enough to go back 😊 Best of luck for the new term.

One appointment decluttered this week. It was a long time out of the house but Mr P was there bonding with puppy over Countdown etc. 6 hours before I was back home!

Today is just one hour appointment , one hour away. Hoping Mr P will do an 4ldi shop while I am in my session.

BT are definitely going to phone me at 9am today about our telephone line. Nothing. No phone call. It is probably time for OFCOM. 2 and a half years with the same problem! Every time it rains the internet goes off and the phone line is so bad we can't make or hear calls.
    business mortgage £0))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £0=Total paid off was £96105 PPI claimed and received £13527
    'I had a black dog, his name was depression".
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,995 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Uniform turned up at 11pm last night ... in a completely different room/place to where I had put it.. and under DD2's stuff so it has been there at least 2 months!

All deposited anyway.. in the pouring rain and I have a migraine from lack of food/sleep/caffeine/stressing over said uniform.. sorting PE bags and Squeaks plimsolls have the sole hanging off. On a plus note the winter coats still fit!

Twinkle demanding a boofy nap because she was turfed out of bed waaay too early haha...

Must sort ice skating bag and swimming bags today.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • short_bird
    short_bird Posts: 3,671 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Valli wrote: »
    Bathroom blitz....

Are you ready Steve?. Uh uh, Andy? Yeah Mick? Okay alright fellas...

Let's goooooooo

Thank you for that, brightened me up.:D

When I get back from work tonight, I will be on the half marathon "make flat respectable for landlord inspection" because I made the fatal error of trying to declutter at the same time. :o That'll learn me.

Coffees, spare spoons and sticks for black dogs over there, help yourselves....
    Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure