Halifax Clarity Card

For a long time the Halifax Clarity Card has been top of the Moneysavingxperts list for foreign currency rates on the Travel Money Max link. For some reason it seems to have completely dropped out of the list altogether. Does anybody know why?

Comments

• Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    Forumite
    No.
    What has this got to do with stoozing?
  • You know it's irrelevant
  • jtgaoler
    jtgaoler Posts: 33 Forumite
    Maybe someone can set me straight on this (new to stoozing and possible missing something obvious), but...

Halifax Clarity says it charges no fees for cash transactions (any currency).
    Obviously, interest starts on cash transactions immediately.

"You can use your new Halifax Clarity Credit Card to withdraw up to £500 per day from any cash machine in the world that has MasterCard logo. You pay interest from the day you withdraw cash, but unlike many other cards, there's no withdrawal fee."

At 18.05% (i.e. the best rate they offer), wouldn't the interest be just over 25p a day for every £500?
    Could you run a BT card alongside it and do a transfer as soon as the cash withdrawals went onto the Clarify card?
    Currently £20 cashback on the Clarity Card, so you could even get paid to do this.
  • I am on holiday in Spain. I have just used my Clarity card to withdraw money from a Santander cash point. I withdrew 200euro and I was charged a 5 euro transaction fee. Are all banks now charging for use of the clarity card
  • Vortigern
    Vortigern Posts: 3,242
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Rod.crook wrote: »
    I am on holiday in Spain. I have just used my Clarity card to withdraw money from a Santander cash point. I withdrew 200euro and I was charged a 5 euro transaction fee. Are all banks now charging for use of the clarity card
    Some foreign banks charge for the use of their ATMs. Santander has charged you 5 euro. Halifax Clarity has not charged you.

You can't conclude that all banks now charge on the basis of one transaction in Spain.

Not stoozing though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport