Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mark2080
    • By mark2080 9th Nov 18, 10:51 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 1Thanks
    mark2080
    ParkDirect UK PCN
    • 9th Nov 18, 10:51 AM
    ParkDirect UK PCN 9th Nov 18 at 10:51 AM
    Hi,

First time poster here. Was hoping somebody might be able to answer this query regarding a PCN I received from ParkDirect UK Ltd.

I was parked at a property that they control. I was there for a business visit.

Basically, they have put the wrong post code down on the PCN. The street name is correct though. They have put the post code for the next street along. Is this enough of a mistake to get them to cancel the PCN?

Any help you can provide, would be greatly appreciated.

And thank you in advance for any help you are able to give.
Page 1
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 9th Nov 18, 10:55 AM
    • 9,108 Posts
    • 9,506 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 9th Nov 18, 10:55 AM
    • 9th Nov 18, 10:55 AM
    Its a waste of time going with that. Facts mean very little in PPC-land.

Get stuck-in to the Newbies Sticky at the top of this forum to get yourself properly informed and to see what does work for seeing them-off.

And if you were there on business, the very first thing I'd suggest you do is have strong words with the business concerned to see if you can get them to have it cancelled on your behalf, Do this as soon as practically possible after reading the Sticky and preferably before submitting anything to the PPC.
    Last edited by pogofish; 09-11-2018 at 10:57 AM.
    • mark2080
    • By mark2080 9th Nov 18, 3:34 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    mark2080
    • 9th Nov 18, 3:34 PM
    • 9th Nov 18, 3:34 PM
    Hi Pogofish

Thank you for getting back to me on this issue.

I had a bad feeling somebody was going to say that! Was hoping the PCN would get cancelled on this technicality.

I'll have a look through the Newbies Sticky, as you have suggested and see if there's anything there that can help out.

Thank you again for taking the time to reply to my post. Really appreciate it.

Thanks
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 9th Nov 18, 3:46 PM
    • 37,946 Posts
    • 22,059 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 9th Nov 18, 3:46 PM
    • 9th Nov 18, 3:46 PM
    When studying the FAQ bear in mind you are dealing with an IPC company

You will see the futility of appeals to IPC companies

So after sending the initial appeal you go into ignore mode

Ignore everything except a lbcca or Court correspondence

They have 6 years to start legal proceedings against you

If it comes to this then come back at that time for advice on how to defend this
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,561Posts Today

9,408Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @MSE_Deals: Remember, when shopping in #BlackFriday sales you make a LOSS not a saving if you wouldn't have bought otherwise. Let @Marti?

• How do you rate your energy provider's recent service? Please vote in the latest MSE site poll? https://t.co/nkYxGbiXqe

• RT @Gillsnatter: "The phrase I hate is: it's only money. Money is one of the biggest causes of divorce it's one of the biggest causes of me?

• Follow Martin