Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 19th Jun 13, 11:04 AM
    • 20,270Posts
    • 32,007Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Aldi Facebook Page Kicking Off after Parking Eye LBAs
    • 19th Jun 13, 11:04 AM
    Aldi Facebook Page Kicking Off after Parking Eye LBAs 19th Jun 13 at 11:04 AM
    It seems to be kicking off a bit on Aldi's Facebook Page. Aldi seems to be reaping the rewards of their contract with PE

[TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] (and as their Agents, bringing Aldi closer to having to account for all this).

Major bad publicity. If you can add to it, go for it.

Aldi Facebook
    Last edited by MSE Investigator; 21-01-2014 at 10:52 AM.
Page 3
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 22nd Jun 13, 3:48 PM
    • 10,665 Posts
    • 10,042 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    This thread has had over 1700 views, yet the ALDI facebook page has only had a minute fraction of posts from the 1700 viewers.

It doesn't take long and people power just might have some result, so - what are you waiting for???
  • photography
    Wouldn't it be karma for the snarling German Shepherd to win the most votes in their 'fluffy' dog competition

A photo opportunity........ (sorry if a bit obtuse, but maybe he'll be along shortly)
    Originally posted by Umkomaas

The original poster of the GSD was John? I posted the golden retriever with the chav cap lol
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 22nd Jun 13, 4:25 PM
    • 10,665 Posts
    • 10,042 Thanks
    Guys Dad

The original poster of the GSD was John? I posted the golden retriever with the chav cap lol
    Originally posted by photography
    And a very nice looking picture it is too. And good use for the chav cap too! Much nicer picture than the German Shepherd !
    • daveyjp
    • By daveyjp 22nd Jun 13, 5:23 PM
    • 7,731 Posts
    • 6,297 Thanks
    daveyjp
    Posted on Aldi's Facebook page:

"Aldi's partners Parking Eye are so proud of the county court action they have undertaken. You can check if your Aldi parking case is on their website. If you lose at court you can bet it will be soon - They are so low they boast of their exploits in a dedicated page - http://www.parkingeye.co.uk/News - proudly in association with supermarket of the year Aldi
    ParkingEye Car Park Management - News
    www.parkingeye.co.uk
    ParkingEye, in their first County Court Hearing since the arrival of Keeper Liability and the Protection of Freedoms Act, gained a resounding win. In a case that was heard at Truro Combined County Court Centre on the 31st of May, District Judge Thomas ordered the defendant to pay ParkingEye the £100...
    "
    Originally posted by Aaron Aadvark
    I wonder how many of the cases on that link actually saw the defendant turning up.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 22nd Jun 13, 8:20 PM
    • 64,101 Posts
    • 76,680 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    This thread has had over 1700 views, yet the ALDI facebook page has only had a minute fraction of posts from the 1700 viewers.

It doesn't take long and people power just might have some result, so - what are you waiting for???
    Originally posted by Guys Dad

Dare I admit that I am not on facebook?!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 22nd Jun 13, 8:28 PM
    • 20,270 Posts
    • 32,007 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    I wonder how many of the cases on that link actually saw the defendant turning up.
    Originally posted by daveyjp
    None - otherwise there'd be a lot more PE crowing.

These were all 'folders', I suspect.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 23rd Jun 13, 4:48 PM
    • 64,101 Posts
    • 76,680 Thanks
    Coupon-mad

Just bumping this so more people see it, and to say I am not sure why one post on the fb wall saying 'the phone number is Parking Eye' has been believed? I think he's simply muddled up the two Rachels and I have no reason to believe that the phone number isn't Customer Service based at Aldi Swindon. Another Rachel (obviously not a solicitor!), and a Laura, answer the phones.

Or email customer-services@aldi.co.uk

Also I just saw this posted there which won't stay there long:

''Not happy with Aldi and their handling of the Parking Charge Notice that has been sent to you be their "parking management company". Send an email to Matthew Barnes and Roman Heini, joint CEOs of Aldi UK. Their email address is gmdsec@aldi.co.uk . Get your emails off to them swiftly as I doubt this message will stay on this screen too long. If Aldi really wanted a GOOD Parking Management scheme, pay someone to patrol the car park in person not by cameras remotely.''

Obviously I am just quoting someone and can't vouch for that CEO email address, but it can't hurt to send a strong complaint to both emails.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 23-06-2013 at 4:53 PM.
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • kirkbyinfurnesslad
    coupon i ave already posted on there stating that it isnt a PE number, for a fact

It is Aldi, not PE at all!, yet they wont believe me,
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 23rd Jun 13, 4:58 PM
    • 64,101 Posts
    • 76,680 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    coupon i ave already posted on there stating that it isnt a PE number, for a fact

Originally posted by kirkbyinfurnesslad

Annoying isn't it how one person's mistake in one post is just believed (presumably muddling the two Rachels - as if a solicitor is going to be answering phones!!). The Parking Prankster has even amended his blog whereas we should be publicising the Aldi phone number even more in the coming weeks!

This was the original, reliable info I got from a poster several weeks ago:

• Aldi have a “parking management” department on 01793-836-317 (or 01793-836-313)
    o Staffed by Rachael and Laura – refused to give surnames
    • They gave a robust defence of their / PE parking policy … (“we visit all the aldi PE sites, signs are totally clear, you broke the rules, therefore you pay the charges” - no effort at all at customer service – even though I could prove I was a customer at the time) so much so that I thought they were PE employees
    o but checking phone numbers, as far as I can tell – it is part of aldi Swindon!
    o They weren’t happy local store manager said it should be cancelled
    • They seem to have online access to the PE systems (they were able to check immediately if/when my correspondence had been received by PE)
    • Let slip that if I had spent £25 with them then they could have cancelled it there and then on the phone (I spent less that £10 – but only stayed an hour… non customer charge is £2/hour)
    • Interestingly after I wrote to PE (“You issued me with a parking ticket on date DD MMM YYYY ref XXX but the Aldi Store Manager has confirmed that I did actually shop on the date/time referred to (see receipt attached) and that the ticket be cancelled forthwith”), PE cancelled it themselves…
    o this caught Rachael (of aldi’s?) out by surprise as she was going to make me produce receipts for the last 6 months to prove I was a regular shopper with them… and then “would consider” cancelling it.
    • verityboo
    • By verityboo 23rd Jun 13, 6:21 PM
    • 952 Posts
    • 1,173 Thanks
    verityboo

Originally posted by kirkbyinfurnesslad
    On Facebook the people are complaining because they give their details to Aldi on the number quoted, Aldi pass the details to PE who then ring the customer back. At no point is the customer warned that there details will be passed on or that it is PE ringing them back.
  • FightOrFlight
    Just bumping this so more people see it, and to say I am not sure why one post on the fb wall saying 'the phone number is Parking Eye' has been believed? I think he's simply muddled up the two Rachels and I have no reason to believe that the phone number isn't Customer Service based at Aldi Swindon. Another Rachel (obviously not a solicitor!), and a Laura, answer the phones.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    This is from an older thread on Pepipoo

Someone told me this by pm a couple of months ago:

''Aldi have a “parking management” department on 01793-836-317 Staffed by Rachael and Laura – refused to give surnames''

I wonder if that's THE self-styled legal hotshot Rachel at PE?

And this

The letter I got back from Aldi states Rachel's surname as Organ

Information is somewhat confusing but I trust SRM from Pepipoo.

As they have stated on Pepipoo the Aldi number could be diverted to Parking eye office.
    Last edited by FightOrFlight; 23-06-2013 at 7:01 PM.
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 23rd Jun 13, 6:58 PM
    • 10,665 Posts
    • 10,042 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    The cute dog's back on Aldi's page.
    • atilla
    • By atilla 23rd Jun 13, 6:58 PM
    • 840 Posts
    • 721 Thanks
    atilla
    Seems neither of these companies understand the first rule of holes.

When you're in one, stop digging.
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 23rd Jun 13, 7:07 PM
    • 10,665 Posts
    • 10,042 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    Seems neither of these companies understand the first rule of holes.

When you're in one, stop digging.
    Originally posted by atilla
    With Aldi being a German company, maybe their UK PR person handling the bad publicity misheard when the German Head office rang and said

"Good work. Keep going, mien herr"
    • Stroma
    • By Stroma 23rd Jun 13, 7:26 PM
    • 7,917 Posts
    • 8,408 Thanks
    Stroma
    The problem with that number is that its been confirmed that they pass on your details to parking eye to call their customer. So regardless of whether it goes to Aldi initially, they do pass it on to the scamming scumbags.

They (Aldi) have got themselves in this mess, there is no sympathy for them at all, they are giving stupid replies that doesn't make sense half the time. They are having a public relations disaster, they deserve it for hiring Parking Eye to mismanage their car parks!
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member
  • Hovite
    Keep going folks - always worth a few seconds to post on the Aldi Facebook page. I'm determined to ensure I post at least once a day this week. I wonder when they'll stop using "cut and paste" ?
    • trisontana
    • By trisontana 23rd Jun 13, 7:48 PM
    • 9,000 Posts
    • 13,880 Thanks
    trisontana
    I imagine there is just a couple of probably junior people working at head office over the weekend. Wait till tomorrow when the senior staff are around. I wonder if they will react differently?
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
    • trisontana
    • By trisontana 23rd Jun 13, 9:14 PM
    • 9,000 Posts
    • 13,880 Thanks
    trisontana
    I see they are now starting to react:-

we’re pulling together more information on our parking, which will be posted onto the main wall shortly. Thanks again for your comments, Aldi UK Facebook Team
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Hovite
    I see they are now starting to react:-

we’re pulling together more information on our parking, which will be posted onto the main wall shortly. Thanks again for your comments, Aldi UK Facebook Team
    Originally posted by trisontana
    Given it was in direct response to my post I look forward to the answer !
    • Kite2010
    • By Kite2010 23rd Jun 13, 9:40 PM
    • 4,144 Posts
    • 3,534 Thanks
    Kite2010
    Poor Aldi

It's about time, bye-bye scammers.

"All monies raised by motoring penalty/fine/charges to be paid into a central governmental pot where the individual councils/ppcs have no access to, watch as the number of tickets falls off a cliff"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

335Posts Today

4,718Users online

Martin's Twitter