Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 19th Jun 13, 11:04 AM
    • 20,237Posts
    • 31,923Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Aldi Facebook Page Kicking Off after Parking Eye LBAs
    • 19th Jun 13, 11:04 AM
    Aldi Facebook Page Kicking Off after Parking Eye LBAs 19th Jun 13 at 11:04 AM
    It seems to be kicking off a bit on Aldi's Facebook Page. Aldi seems to be reaping the rewards of their contract with PE

[TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] (and as their Agents, bringing Aldi closer to having to account for all this).

Major bad publicity. If you can add to it, go for it.

Aldi Facebook
    Last edited by MSE Investigator; 21-01-2014 at 10:52 AM.
Page 2
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 20th Jun 13, 7:52 PM
    • 20,237 Posts
    • 31,923 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    I've just done the above re my local Aldi and I can not find any mention at all re Parking Eye. It a simple search though.
    Originally posted by edward123
    Phone your local planning department, or even legal department.

A Freedom of Information enquiry might be an alternative if you start getting any prevarication.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 20th Jun 13, 8:17 PM
    • 20,237 Posts
    • 31,923 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    I was just thinking ....... (yep, dangerous, I know).

Aldi has had quite a mauling over PE in the past 36 hours or so on FB, and their PR must have taken quite a battering.

Now, wouldn't it really recover the position for them if it was suggested that they announce a total 'amnesty' and they've called off the PE dog; all charges are revoked.

I'm sure that would be very profitable for them, and restore some of the lost customer confidence.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 20th Jun 13, 10:34 PM
    • 20,237 Posts
    • 31,923 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    just added my puppy to the Aldi page
    Originally posted by photography
    Photo

I think your 'puppy' post on the Aldi FB is the best of them all.

Kudos (or is that Kodak?)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=540248012677276&set=o.1658365301438 24&type=1&relevant_count=1
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 20-06-2013 at 11:32 PM.
  • photography
    just tried a similar thing on Welcome break FB page, another PE bed mate. They just deleted my polite message, it was to the point but it was polite.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 20th Jun 13, 11:12 PM
    • 20,237 Posts
    • 31,923 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    just tried a similar thing on Welcome break FB page, another PE bed mate. They just deleted my polite message, it was to the point but it was polite.
    Originally posted by photography
    Great evidence when the house of cards (and their principals) come tumbling down.

'Statements of Truth' seem to me to be a very potent, future phenomenon.

Beware all who sup with the Devil
    • trisontana
    • By trisontana 21st Jun 13, 9:31 AM
    • 9,000 Posts
    • 13,880 Thanks
    trisontana
    Still more people piling in with complaints about PE's aggressive tactics. ALDI's stock answer is "give us your contact details and we can discuss this privately", even to general question about why ALDI have got mixed up with PE. In other words, "we are very embarrassed by this, but don't want it publicised".
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
    • HubertGrumblethorpe
    • By HubertGrumblethorpe 21st Jun 13, 9:47 AM
    • 67 Posts
    • 137 Thanks
    HubertGrumblethorpe
    Thanks all.

Looked on my council site and although the application is listed there is no further detail. So I'll nip down & take a look at the signs tomorrow and send a letter. If any 'regular' has a suggested text for the letter that would assist.

It does seem that 'public outcry' and bad PR is probably an effective tactic in helping rid us of these bad practices. Like most of us, I'm quite happy to pay what is due, but not stupid amounts that feather the nests of these people.
  • Hovite
    Time to hit the Asda Facebook page me thinks :

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/10501408.Blue_badge_holder_furious_at_still_gettin g_parking_tickets_in_Hollingbury_supermarket_car_p ark/
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 21st Jun 13, 9:05 PM
    • 20,237 Posts
    • 31,923 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Although not right, I had a good chuckle over some of the comments towards the end of the page.
    • Aaron Aadvark
    • By Aaron Aadvark 21st Jun 13, 9:57 PM
    • 231 Posts
    • 409 Thanks
    Aaron Aadvark
    ALDI's stock answer is "give us your contact details and we can discuss this privately", even to general question about why ALDI have got mixed up with PE. In other words, "we are very embarrassed by this, but don't want it publicised".
    Originally posted by trisontana
    And if you do, you get an e-mail from Weber Shandwick, a PR company, which completely avoids the simple question "Why is Aldi happy for its customers to be sued on its behalf for using the Aldi car park in order to spend money in Aldi stores?"
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 21st Jun 13, 10:05 PM
    • 20,237 Posts
    • 31,923 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    And if you do, you get an e-mail from Weber Shandwick, a PR company, which completely avoids the simple question "Why is Aldi happy for its customers to be sued on its behalf for using the Aldi car park in order to spend money in Aldi stores?"
    Originally posted by Aaron Aadvark
    Do they honestly think that that is going to calm the situation when people are so incensed by the PE/Aldi onslaught on them?

More likely the poking of a stick in a wasps nest.

Is the email a further template job? Can anyone post up a copy?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 21st Jun 13, 10:06 PM
    • 63,872 Posts
    • 76,517 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Originally posted by Aaron Aadvark

Really? Aldi are hiding behind a PR company and throwing money at this issue as well as throwing away custom?

Madness. Wake up Aldi and remember your business IS your customers.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Aaron Aadvark
    • By Aaron Aadvark 21st Jun 13, 10:15 PM
    • 231 Posts
    • 409 Thanks
    Aaron Aadvark

Is the email a further template job? Can anyone post up a copy?
    Originally posted by Umkomaas

Good afternoon

Thank you for getting in touch. I am sorry to hear about your experience with Aldi.

I will ask a member of the regional team responsible for the store to contact you - can you please provide a phone number and postal address to make this possible? Also the name of the store where you usually shop?

Best wishes,
    Nnnn
    Aldi Customer Services Team
    [with a Weber Shandwick e-mail address]

This was in respect of a question about Aldi's policy, not a specific notice.
    • trisontana
    • By trisontana 21st Jun 13, 10:41 PM
    • 9,000 Posts
    • 13,880 Thanks
    trisontana
    You can tell how out of touch they are , they posted this as a reply to the picture of the snarling dog :-

Aldi UK Hi John, thanks for your post. Please can you let us know some further information and your full contact details (including telephone number) via a private message? We'll pass this to our team who will be able to help. Thanks.

What do they want the phone number for, to speak to the dog and calm him down?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 21st Jun 13, 10:50 PM
    • 20,237 Posts
    • 31,923 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Wow, there's one mega rant just up on the Aldi FB from Lynne Ryan? Well done Lynne, some pretty powerful points.

Well worth a read:

https://www.facebook.com/AldiUK?filter=2
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 21st Jun 13, 10:52 PM
    • 20,237 Posts
    • 31,923 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    You can tell how out of touch they are , they posted this as a reply to the picture of the snarling dog :-

Aldi UK Hi John, thanks for your post. Please can you let us know some further information and your full contact details (including telephone number) via a private message? We'll pass this to our team who will be able to help. Thanks.

What do they want the phone number for, to speak to the dog and calm him down?
    Originally posted by trisontana
    Wouldn't it be karma for the snarling German Shepherd to win the most votes in their 'fluffy' dog competition

A photo opportunity........ (sorry if a bit obtuse, but maybe he'll be along shortly)
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 22nd Jun 13, 12:18 AM
    • 20,237 Posts
    • 31,923 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    The Prankster is now on the case.

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/how-to-get-parkingeye-charge-notice.html#comment-form
    • trisontana
    • By trisontana 22nd Jun 13, 10:03 AM
    • 9,000 Posts
    • 13,880 Thanks
    trisontana
    Aldi are still not getting it. In reply to a facebook post about a young girl reduced to tears because of PE's threatening letters, ALDI replied thus:_

Wed like to assure you that if any customer feels they have received a charge unfairly, they can get in touch with us by either emailing us on customer-services@aldi.co.uk or by sending us a private message here on our Page and well look into each appeal on a case by case basis. Thanks for getting in touch

All very well and good, except that the above statement is not included on any of the paperwork sent out by PE. So how the hell can a PE victim know that have this means of trying to get the ticket cancelled?
    • Aaron Aadvark
    • By Aaron Aadvark 22nd Jun 13, 3:09 PM
    • 231 Posts
    • 409 Thanks
    Aaron Aadvark
    Posted on Aldi's Facebook page:

"Aldi's partners Parking Eye are so proud of the county court action they have undertaken. You can check if your Aldi parking case is on their website. If you lose at court you can bet it will be soon - They are so low they boast of their exploits in a dedicated page - http://www.parkingeye.co.uk/News - proudly in association with supermarket of the year Aldi
    ParkingEye Car Park Management - News
    www.parkingeye.co.uk
    ParkingEye, in their first County Court Hearing since the arrival of Keeper Liability and the Protection of Freedoms Act, gained a resounding win. In a case that was heard at Truro Combined County Court Centre on the 31st of May, District Judge Thomas ordered the defendant to pay ParkingEye the 100...
    "
    • Guys Dad
    • By Guys Dad 22nd Jun 13, 3:46 PM
    • 10,665 Posts
    • 10,042 Thanks
    Guys Dad
    Wouldn't it be karma for the snarling German Shepherd to win the most votes in their 'fluffy' dog competition

A photo opportunity........ (sorry if a bit obtuse, but maybe he'll be along shortly)
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    It wasn't him who posted the picture.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

320Posts Today

3,213Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Watching Theresa May... seriously would anyone in their right mind truly want her job right now!

• RT @thecheekypostie: @MartinSLewis Thanks to this, I have just skim read it. To those in Scotland - on page 548, Dounreay is mentioned by n?

• Today's twitter poll: The 585 page draft agreement of the withdrawal of the UK from the EU has been published. A? https://t.co/8YLkPyzqYM

• Follow Martin