Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • asdafiko
    • By asdafiko 6th Nov 18, 8:06 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 1Thanks
    asdafiko
    MET Parking Services - Southgate Park Stanstead
    • 6th Nov 18, 8:06 PM
    MET Parking Services - Southgate Park Stanstead 6th Nov 18 at 8:06 PM
    Hello all,

I have read the newbie guide and I am ever so confused. I drive a lease car through a company scheme and got a "PARKING CHARGE AMOUNT DUE: 100" from MET Parking Services. The juicy part of the letter is as follows:

"This charge relates to the period of parking immediately prior to xx:xx on 01st September 2018... some waffle... The contravention occurred at (346) Southgate Park, Stanstead, CM24 1PY.

Payment is now required... some waffle...

A notice to keeper has previously been served on the registered keeper of the vehicle containing full details of the charge, photographic evidence of the contravention may be seen on web address"

So the offence took place on the 1st of September, parking notice issued 15th of October and date of the letter that was posted out was 29th of October. The images online simply show a female driving a car.

The question I have is do I use the standard template in the noob guide or one of the three templates that relate to a company vehicle.

Apologies if this seems like a simple question but I only have 6 days to get my appeal in and I have spent the last few days trying to work out what I should do for the best. Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks, Asdafiko.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 6th Nov 18, 8:08 PM
    • 19,921 Posts
    • 25,212 Thanks
    Redx
    • 6th Nov 18, 8:08 PM
    • 6th Nov 18, 8:08 PM
    follow the edna basher advice for lease/hire vehicles
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • asdafiko
    • By asdafiko 6th Nov 18, 8:15 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    asdafiko
    • 6th Nov 18, 8:15 PM
    • 6th Nov 18, 8:15 PM
    Many thanks for the swift reply but I still don't understand at all It seems that is about owning a fleet?

My car is through work on a salary sacrifice scheme through a company called zenith. The letter has been sent to my address.

Redx, Please elaborate if possible.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 6th Nov 18, 8:24 PM
    • 19,921 Posts
    • 25,212 Thanks
    Redx
    • 6th Nov 18, 8:24 PM
    • 6th Nov 18, 8:24 PM
    I cannot comment on your particular vehicle or contract (its a complex area), but if the keeper is a lease or hire firm or a company vehicle then use the edna basher template

the blue text template is normally for people whose name is on the V5C
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • asdafiko
    • By asdafiko 6th Nov 18, 9:18 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    asdafiko
    • 6th Nov 18, 9:18 PM
    • 6th Nov 18, 9:18 PM
    My name is on the letter that has been sent to me. And have never heard of a V5C. I have just googled it and am none the wiser.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 6th Nov 18, 9:23 PM
    • 10,675 Posts
    • 11,059 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 6th Nov 18, 9:23 PM
    • 6th Nov 18, 9:23 PM
    A V5c is the Registration Document for your vehicle.

Who is listed as the Registered Keeper on the Registration Document for your vehicle?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 6th Nov 18, 9:26 PM
    • 19,921 Posts
    • 25,212 Thanks
    Redx
    • 6th Nov 18, 9:26 PM
    • 6th Nov 18, 9:26 PM
    the V5C is the government form from the DVLA for what people call the "log book"

so this parking company have either applied to the DVLA for regustered keeper (RK) details, or will do if the driver received a windscreen ticket but can only do so after 28 days if a windscreen ticket was issued

A notice to keeper has previously been served on the registered keeper of the vehicle containing full details of the charge, photographic evidence of the contravention may be seen on web address"
    so any postal notice goes to the people registered on the "log book" , the V5C (all official government forms have reference numbers)

in theory, if this was a lease or hire co they would then provide the PPC with the details for the hirer, and then that person gets a postal notice , which is what seems to have happened here

I did tell you its a complex area made worse by this vehicle possibly being a lease vehicle, meaning it will never become the property of the hirer or driver

my vehicle was bought bought by me, in my name, and has MY name and address registered with the DVLA in Swansea. So I have a log book (a V5C) with all my details on it, no third party like Zenith , nor anybody I worked for either , its MINE

had the driver of your vehicle been caught speeding, then that ticket would start life by going to the KEEPER, who then can name the driver or the hirer or lessee

YOU must decide if this "log book" has the drivers name on it, or Zenith or a hire company etc

once you have determined that aspect, you will know which of the 2 scenarios applies. I suspect that this vehicle is a leased vehicle and will never become the property of the person paying for it (even if its through their salary)

given that its paid for through a salary sacrifice, it seems to me that it will never be the property of the driver and so that means that it is a lease vehicle (or hire vehicle, or call it whatever you like)
    Last edited by Redx; 06-11-2018 at 9:30 PM.
    Newbies !!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Nov 18, 9:29 PM
    • 63,887 Posts
    • 76,545 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 6th Nov 18, 9:29 PM
    • 6th Nov 18, 9:29 PM
    And have never heard of a V5C. I have just googled it and am none the wiser.
    Originally posted by asdafiko
    The first Google result is:

What is a V5C? All you need to know about the logbook | Carbuyer
    ...?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • asdafiko
    • By asdafiko 9th Nov 18, 10:48 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    asdafiko
    • 9th Nov 18, 10:48 AM
    • 9th Nov 18, 10:48 AM
    Sorry,

I have read it again and again and I do not understand why I would use edna basher as that seems more about being the lease company and not the individual. I need to appeal by Monday and would like to today. Please help me understand why the edna fits my case.

Many thanks.
    • Loadsofchildren123
    • By Loadsofchildren123 9th Nov 18, 11:40 AM
    • 2,427 Posts
    • 4,042 Thanks
    Loadsofchildren123
    Is this the same as your other thread? If so, you need to merge them (ask Crabman or Soolin)
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 9th Nov 18, 10:41 PM
    • 10,675 Posts
    • 11,059 Thanks
    KeithP
    OP, can you please answer the question in post #6?
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 10th Nov 18, 11:20 AM
    • 10,598 Posts
    • 10,437 Thanks
    The Deep
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of alleged contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and others have already been named and shamed in the House of Commons as have Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each week, hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned. They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

The problem has become so widespread that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. It has even been suggested that some of these companies have links with organised crime.

Watch the video of the Second Reading and committee stage in the House of Commons recently. MPs have a very low opinion of this industry.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-07-19/debates/2b90805c-bff8-4707-8bdc-b0bfae5a7ad5/Parking(CodeOfPractice)Bill(FirstSitting)

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by in the not too distant future..
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

23Posts Today

3,480Users online

Martin's Twitter