Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Andrea
    • By Former MSE Andrea 1st May 14, 2:25 PM
    • 9,419Posts
    • 22,334Thanks
    Former MSE Andrea
    Posting on the Parking Board your help please
    • 1st May 14, 2:25 PM
    Posting on the Parking Board your help please 1st May 14 at 2:25 PM
    MSE Update November 2017

Hi everyone

Please could all forumites using this board re-read our original post below.

Thank you!

----

Please read our Don't Pay Unfair Parking Tickets News story for MSE's stance.

-----

Hi everyone,

As you’ll be aware this board was set up for users to find factual information about parking tickets fines, whether they are enforceable or not, and the appeals and actions process.

What it was not set up to do was to pursue any one individual or company to the extent that some users on here have, again, despite our previous requests not to.

You might think it's your "right" and that we should back you fully, but we are governed by the law of the land and our Rules and T&Cs make it pretty clear that posting names and personal details, and making personal comments about others is simply not allowed.

In recent months, we have again had to deal with complaints about this board. Here at MSE we fight your corner as a consumer and we believe much of the private parking industry is a Wild West full of many cowboys ripping off honest motorists, as we’ve seen and heard too many stories to suggest otherwise (and some staff here have been on the end of unscrupulous tactics). However, some firms do also act fairly.

The problem we face is when people make allegations without evidence against a specific company, calling them “scammers” or “criminals”. Without evidence, this becomes a legal problem and we may have to remove threads and posts to protect the site. We prefer to keep our resources focused on fighting hard for you to fight unfair tickets and keeping that debate unabashed than having to deal with a legal sideshow about ‘is the name-calling fair?’ – so please help us help you by moderating the language not to accuse of illegality.

We are a small team managing over 150 Forum boards, all requiring resource. So we cannot investigate every complaint to gather the required evidence, sadly. We’d love to do just that to fight your corner even further but it is not always possible.

We can support your factual comments, we can’t support personal remarks about others

We can only support factual comment that operates within our Rules and T&Cs. Personal, antagonistic arguments against individuals break these and we cannot defend it. If you keep things non-personal, on topic, factual, can prove everything you say and work within these rules and T&Cs, we will always do our best to defend your comment, as we do everywhere. If not we shall have to speak with you and if it continues, may have to remove a poster’s posting privileges.

We hope this comes across in the manner it is intended. Please help us to help you, by working with us to defend your comments.

Thank you

MSE Forum Team
    Last edited by Former MSE Andrea; 29-11-2017 at 11:30 AM.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 8
    • Barlie
    • By Barlie 21st Oct 18, 5:24 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Barlie
    Clarity
    Hope you dont mind this reply. I have read the sticky and blue writing template. Just find the information overwhelming. I have mental health issues so I struggle with lots of information - sorry about that.

The keeper received a parking charge notice from UKPC stating that they were a staff member parked in no staff parking area.

Just for some clarity what does the keeper do next - do they wait 26 days before doing anything at all?

Also regarding the blue text, the red text underneath it states for the keeper of the vehicle to put their name and theyre address after yours sincerely is that correct ?

Thanks for your help. I struggle with stress a lot. Any advice would be great. Ive bookmarked the stickies. But I just need some help with digesting the information

Cheers
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 21st Oct 18, 5:49 PM
    • 39,369 Posts
    • 87,851 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Please start a new thread where you will get bespoke help. Cut and paste from your post above, replace it with, "posted in wrong place" or similar, then paste your query in your own thread.

Please do not post on this thread gain.

You need to go to the page where you found the stickies, then click on the button. Don't click on the stickies or any other thread.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 20-03-2019 at 6:14 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 21st Oct 18, 6:38 PM
    • 23,080 Posts
    • 36,663 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    To be honest, this sticky needs locking to prevent random postings.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 21st Oct 18, 7:13 PM
    • 39,369 Posts
    • 87,851 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    To be honest, this sticky needs locking to prevent random postings.
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    Agreed, especially as it is so out of date, and our MPs have since said the words in open parliament that the OP asked us not to use.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Bugsy112
    • By Bugsy112 15th Feb 19, 10:06 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Bugsy112
    Hi guys. I lease a car in my name. Is the process of appeal the same as if owned
    • waamo
    • By waamo 15th Feb 19, 10:45 PM
    • 6,326 Posts
    • 8,273 Thanks
    waamo
    Hi guys. I lease a car in my name. Is the process of appeal the same as if owned
    Originally posted by Bugsy112
    The thread near the top of this board that tells Newbies to read it first has a section on lease vehicles and what to do.
    This space for hire.
    • Daynah
    • By Daynah 20th Mar 19, 5:19 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Daynah
    Hi if anyone still reads this board Im looking for advice on whether a POPLA appeal is worth it.
    I recieved a parking ticket for none payment in a Total Parking Solutions car park despite having purchased 2 tickets they have rejected our appeal saying we hadnt put our registration number in correctly. Now we still have the tickets stating the date/times and name of the car park which shows we were there at the same times that they have evidence of us being there except the tickets only show the numbers on our reg instead of the full registration, would this be enough evidence for a POPLA appeal?
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 20th Mar 19, 5:43 PM
    • 14,345 Posts
    • 16,324 Thanks
    KeithP
    ...I’m looking for advice on whether a POPLA appeal is worth it.
    Originally posted by Daynah
    Yes it is.

Now... back to your own thread.
    Last edited by KeithP; 20-03-2019 at 5:45 PM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 20th Mar 19, 5:43 PM
    • 70,392 Posts
    • 82,985 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    If anyone reads this board? We have c.100 new posts and even more replies every day.

You are reading and posting in the wrong place now though - see my signature, hop to the sticky thread and read what to do, if you have not yet read the NEWBIES thread?

If you have a thread with no answers it's because we are busy, reply on that and we will appear. You just got unlucky if you had no replies yet but must reply on that thread.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 20-03-2019 at 5:45 PM.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Shelen
    • By Shelen 10th Apr 19, 5:46 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Shelen
    Excel parking
    I have recently had a fine through for not paying the parking in a car park. On the day in question the machine was broken and a repair man was fixing it. My total stay was 57 minutes. Up to now I have ignored it but the amount keeps rising. Should I carry on ignoring it or appeal due to the fact the machine was broken? I thought it might go away but Im getting more and more concerned! Surely the company should have records to confirm the technician was fixing the machine on that particular day? Your advice would be appreciated. Thank you
    • trisontana
    • By trisontana 10th Apr 19, 6:15 AM
    • 9,025 Posts
    • 13,960 Thanks
    trisontana
    I have recently had a fine through for not paying the parking in a car park. On the day in question the machine was broken and a repair man was fixing it. My total stay was 57 minutes. Up to now I have ignored it but the amount keeps rising. Should I carry on ignoring it or appeal due to the fact the machine was broken? I thought it might go away but Im getting more and more concerned! Surely the company should have records to confirm the technician was fixing the machine on that particular day? Your advice would be appreciated. Thank you
    Originally posted by Shelen
    Please start your own thread, otherwise, you won't get an answer to your questions.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 10th Apr 19, 11:23 AM
    • 23,080 Posts
    • 36,663 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    You won’t get any help on this thread. I see you’ve now opened your own thread - that’s the place you are more likely to receive assistance.
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 10-04-2019 at 11:28 AM.
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Harry the Hammer
    • By Harry the Hammer 14th Apr 19, 12:55 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Harry the Hammer
    Parking!
    I got a parking ticket at Well on Sea Quayside - even tho I paid 4.80 for a ticket!! I want to put in an appeal using Martin's form letter but I note he says don't say who the actual driver is, just the registered keeper. The trouble is that with Civil Enforcement Ltd, when you go to their appeals page you can't get through unless you tell them who was driving!!

Any thoughts?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Apr 19, 1:11 PM
    • 70,392 Posts
    • 82,985 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    You are posting on the wrong thread. Please start a new thread.

CEL do NOT make it a condition that you say who was driving, no-one has ever reported that and it's not allowed. You must be misreading the choices, but thank goodness, as it stopped you submitting the awful MSE 'official' template that is so bad it has potential to cost people money.

I want to put in an appeal using Martin's form letter
    No, you really really really do not want to use that terrible template.

Get yourself looking at the actual forum, and the NEWBIES FAQS thread where the proper template appeal lies.

See my signature. If you can't see my signature below, get off your phone.

Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • John Ogden
    • By John Ogden 15th Apr 19, 12:36 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    John Ogden
    I have had problems with this car park, and recently they have erected new signs relating to their 10 minute rule. the previous signs were far too small and the signs on entry were facing outwards so could not be seen by the driver. They have been hounding me but as yet no court case. I contacted the harbour master on harbouroffice@wellsharbour.co.uk and Robert Smith MBE would not help me in reversing this action by Civil Enforcement LTD. I would think that the MBE was not for public services. The fact that they changed their signs shows the previous signage was not fit for purpose. The new signs clearly show and are worded to make it clear that you have to buy a ticket within 10 minutes and not just park within 10 minutes. I still have the pictures of the old and new signage if it helps. There is also an issue with the carpark being over subscribed, which may be at odda with the policies of North Norfolk Council. All the best with your fight.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Apr 19, 11:26 AM
    • 70,392 Posts
    • 82,985 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I see you have your own thread but haven't updated it since December, John. Please do update that thread so we can assist if you get a small claim.

Your photos of the Wells-next-the-Sea quayside car park will be useful evidence, of course, but there are other lines of defence too.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 18-04-2019 at 2:22 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

46Posts Today

2,509Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin