TalkTalk Deal

I have fibre broadband from TalkTalk, and have just under 30 days left on the contract. We have the 38mb package at the moment, and haven't had any issues.

The wifi doesn't quite reach into the furthest corner of the house, but it's no better or no worse than any router I've had before.

At the moment we pay £22.50, and don't use the landline at all.

I've seen deals advertised to get the faster 63mb package now for £22.45, which also comes with a newer (and very well reviewed router.)

Do people think that it's realistic to get the faster speed for the same price with a new router thrown in by going to the retention team? It almost seems a bit too good to be true to me, but would also be convenient because there would be no break in service etc.

Or the other option is to cancel that, and take out the other deal as a new customer in my partner's name.

I'd welcome any thoughts? If I hadn't spotted the faster deal for the same price, I'd have probably just let the contract roll on.

(By the way I have already rea d the expert guide to getting a better deal from talktalk)

Comments

• As your in the driving seat, so to speak, then yes retentions are the part of the organization to deal with. My guess is you see better deals than your current one because the market and competition somewhat drives it that way, also possibly equipment upgrades etc in their network allow them to do this. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain by adding pressure on them.
  • Thanks, I'll give this a go at the weekend.

Typically when I've negotiated car insurance or mobile phone contracts in the past I've had another offer from a rival to compare it against and say that I'm going with that. I don't seem to be able to find anything.

Any ideas about something that play them off against, other than the truth of cancelling and signing up as a new customer?
  • Decided that there's no time like the present. Told him that a new company were offering 100mb for that price with a better router than I have.

They're sending the new router, upgrading to 63mb and also sending a powerline/wifi adapter to get the signal into the far corner of the house.

Result. Thanks hugely for the advice - so much less hassle than starting a new account.
  • There you go a result then. Good on you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure