Balance transfer from Halifax to MBNA

I knew MBNA are now part of Lloyds banking group and I know MBNA are currently updating some stuff on their website but having just received an email from MBNA asking if I wanted to update my contact details I noticed Halifax looking like their part of Lloyds group too.

I don't know how recent this is or I'm completely wrong but my question is, have I lost the ability to transfer a balance from Halifax to MBNA now?

Comments

• I knew MBNA are now part of Lloyds banking group and I know MBNA are currently updating some stuff on their website but having just received an email from MBNA asking if I wanted to update my contact details I noticed Halifax looking like their part of Lloyds group too.

I don't know how recent this is or I'm completely wrong but my question is, have I lost the ability to transfer a balance from Halifax to MBNA now?

BoS is part of that group and i opened a Lloyds BT card and transferred my BoS balance to Lloyds with no issues. So i would say you should be ok.
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,134 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    No you haven't lost that perk, they are still different brands within LBG so a BT between them should be OK.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family