HFC Bank

Hello, I had several credit agreements back in the late 80's. I have a strong belief I was ripped off with PPI by this shower back then. I have no account numbers or paperwork. Does anyone know if its worth me contacting them to ask If they can supply my old account numbers?

Thank you, and have a good day.

Comments

• I doubt they'll be able to supply you with anything at all three decades on...
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,478 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Send a SAR to see whats left.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,780 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    It's possible (though highly unlikely) they still have account numbers, but numbers alone won't give you any proof you had PPI, if you paid it etc. A closed account more than 6 years old is ripe for data destruction
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,295 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    HFC no longer exist. HSBC bought most of their current book but were only supplied data on accounts where debts were outstanding or just recently repaid. Based on other people who have posted, HSBC have no details on HFC debts that were long repaid before 2013.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure