Talk Talk Issue

Daveydriver123
Daveydriver123 Posts: 6 Forumite
edited 21 February 2019 at 12:35PM in Broadband & internet access
HI all

So since beginning of december 2018 i had no internet firstly i have waited 2 days because sometimes internet was down ....but this time it hasn't come back, so i decided to call them they have booked engineer as apparently there might be a fault with my router so engineer came in 4 days later and told me my router is broken, I asked him if i can have replacement he said yes but it might take up to two weeks :eek: as it was Christmas soon soo he advised me that i can buy my own router and that will be quicker .... i went and bought router in shop myself , plugged in still no internet connection :( called them once again... told them that i have had engineer at home bought new router etc lady on the phone asked me why have bought router myself i explained that I've been told that this is the quickest option as it will take 2 weeks for new one from them to be delivered she said engineer shouldn't told me that because it takes only two working days -.- she have apologised ... anyway she have ordered new one that have arrived two days later, plugged all in ... no internet connection still , so i called them again another engineer come in told me that it was cable fault so new cable have been issued still no interned connection :(:mad: ... called them again in January someone finally told me it is fault in Manchester, it should be fixed soon waited till 16th of January with still no internet connection so i called them again and told them that i need to cancel my contract as i need internet connection to work lady told me contract have been cancelled etc well 3 days after this i have received my bill 50 pounds so i called them again and nicely asked them what is this for lady told me a bill for December so i told her is it for "service you haven't provided me with ?" so i explained everything to her so she could transfer me to another lady that i had to explain everything again for her to transfer me again to another and then again and again at the end one of the lady hang up on me after 2 hours on the phone .... since end of Jan Ive got another provider well this month they have issued another bill to me for 98 pounds obviously i have cancelled this with my bank ... as im not willing to pay for something i haven't received well not full price

I need and advice of what i can do as i have called them this morning well apparently my details dont match :mad::eek: ?

Comments

• techquest
    techquest Posts: 294 Forumite
    edited 21 February 2019 at 5:19PM
    Reading your post makes me wonder what does talktalk think they are doing here.

If I read correctly:

1. You have now got a new service provider?

2. Meanwhile TalkTalk have issued you with two bills for a service which did not work.

3. You have issues with the bills as your TalkTallk service, broadband side, did not work.

Is the above correct?

Do TalkTalk tell you exactly in any detail what the charges are for?
  • HI thank you for reply

1, yes i have got a new provider i was with talk talk for 7 years in January i have called Talk Talk and cancelled my contract (they have also advised me to do so as they couldn't rectify whats the issue was)

2. yes full charge for service that did not work :( bare in mind when two of their engineers come in i had to book a day off work twice as i couldn't pick times.... otherwise if they turned up and i wasn't home they told me it will be 60 pounds charge....

3. That's correct i dont mind to pay bill but not full one ( why should i pay for something that i didn't use and haven't been provided ?)

i do have trouble to get hold of someone that can help last time i called them I've been transferred 5 times from one lady to another at the end lady didn't know the answer i believe so she just hang up on me....

I've called them yesterday, told lady my issue she asked me for characters of my password... apparently didn't match :O so she asked for my email , and my address well she couldn't match them (email adress where they sending me their bills for last 7 years ....)\

i come back home yesterday tried once again it was quiet late around 8pm i called talk talk... a lady was transferring me to different department but it was closed.
  • TalkTalk
    TalkTalk Posts: 1,948 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hi Daveydriver123,

I'm really sorry to read about the experience you had with TalkTalk, I can see that we let you down and we'd like to look into your complaint for you. If you drop my team a line on Twitter (@TalkTalk), we can take a look. You can also reach us on our Online Community or by using one of the contact methods on our Help & Support page.

My apologies again for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks,
    Becky - TalkTalk Social Team
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Talk Talk. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • 1. What TalkTalk services did you have? If we know exactly to what services the charges relate we can
    help you to be more specific when you discuss it with them.

Landline
    Broadband
    TV

2. Have TalkTalk itemized what the charges are for on the bill, told you exactly what they are for?

3. Did the bills arrive before or after you canceled your contract with them?

4. The email address issue could be because they have taken you off their customer list.

5. TalkTalk opening hours are:

8am to 10pm weekdays
    8am to 9pm Saturdays
    9am to 8pm Sundays

As far as I understand all departments are open until these times.
  • TalkTalk wrote: »
    Hi Daveydriver123,

I'm really sorry to read about the experience you had with TalkTalk, I can see that we let you down and we'd like to look into your complaint for you. If you drop my team a line on Twitter (@TalkTalk), we can take a look. You can also reach us on our Online Community or by using one of the contact methods on our Help & Support page.

My apologies again for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks,
    Becky - TalkTalk Social Team

Thanks Becky it will be far easier handled from your side, so hopefully Daveydriver123 uses the method you asked him to use.
  • My father has had the same issue, joined November 2018, 2 weeks to connect after numerous phone calls from me and my sister as he lives where he gets no phone signal, so we rely on Internet to keep in contact with him being 71 and alone, after numerous phone calls from his garden in minus 5 weather they said theydo send an engineer, 4 days later they did and he got Internet and then since he has had intermittent service, I have to drive 39 miles from work to make sure he is fine when he doesn't reply to messages or his phone is off. I have contacted them via twitter, live chat and got hung up on twice today as he finally had enough and said he wanted to leave. While on the chat she said he'd be charged £106.65 to leave and then I said "for having no service?", she said "he entered into a contract until 30/10/2019", I said "he entered a contract for a service which you have not provided", she then after an hour of this stated shed put me through to the technical team to see if they could end the contract without paying, I got through and he took that long to look through all the notes my phone died, 2 hours in total, which hasn't been the first 2 hours I've talked to these people. When I charged my phone I contacted them again on Twitter and have had no reply. He wants to leave, these people are being so difficult, how can we do it without just cancelling his direct debit and getting a bad mark on his credit file? Help! I look after my dad's affairs but even if have lost the 'ask nicely' part with these charletons. Thanks
  • Sad to hear Thefrognine. And when so called customer service is far from customer service it's easy to understand why people get so fed up. I can only hope that Becky, who showed up with her post in
    Daveydriver123's case does so in yours. I think you can get a message to her by clicking, left mouse click, on her TalkTalk name, in the above post, and then click send Private Message. Hopefully that will let her know you need help. Meanwhile we will keep an eye on your post to see if you do get any response.
  • Seems like another vote against Talktalk, seemingly incapable of resolving any issue?

Anyone managed to get them to successfully resolve an issue?
    Let me Google that for you...
  • Seems like another vote against Talktalk, seemingly incapable of resolving any issue?

Anyone managed to get them to successfully resolve an issue?

Yes, three weeks ago. The irony of it all was it was down to a disgruntled talktalk customer, a judge, who decided to go to sky. Between talktalk and sky they managed to cut my service and provided me with the sky service whilst the new sky customer got my talktalk service :rotfl:

It took 15 days to get them to understand what they had done wrong. Got there in the end and got £50 and 3 months free service out of them. Had some interesting calls for the judge, but couldn't use broadband or tv, you have to laugh or you could go nuts :rotfl:
  • 3 weeks to resolve... awesome (not)
    Let me Google that for you...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family