Please note: The Auto-enrolment sub-board is now closed. If you have a question around pensions, please post in the Pensions, Annuities and Retirement Planning board.

Wrong car on car finance

I will try to cut a long story short, I took out a hire purchase for a car last march, I have now noticed that the car I have been driving is a different registration/colour and model to the car on the finance agreement, I have been told that this is an admin error and they will resolve it once i send them the v5 for the car I am driving, I have done a hpi check on the car I am driving and it shows as free of any finance, is this a good opportunity to negotiate a deal to cancel the finance so I can get another vehicle more suitable for my expanding family.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

P.s I am constantly being told by the finance company that this error has never happened before so there may be some time to resolve this and to keep making payments in the meantime.

James

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,318 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    We dont see many posts in this section and the board have been asked to remove it. So, it is quite funny that when we do see one, it happens to be a mispost.

copy and paste your question in the insurance section rather than the pensions section.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure