nikki702 Posts: 1,098 Forumite
    amizaki wrote: »
    Medical/Prescription expense which is Annually £720 based on £60pm

If i reduce it i would be lying. But if I have to I will

Can you explain how an IPA works? I havent got a clue
  • amizaki
    amizaki Posts: 166 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    That's totally fine...Don't lie...I am sure, they will accept it if you can explain them..

If you have £20+ spare money every month, Then you have to pay that surplus to them for 3 years. But, from your above statement, you are short of £35...So, no IPA.
  • nikki702
    edited 20 January 2019 at 12:08AM
    Thank you, I am just trying to get my money together to pay the fees.

Im worried about my bank being frozen too and not being able to access my wages and pay my direct debits.

I just cant wait until its all submitted and accepted. Will be a massive weight off my shoulders :)
  • amizaki
    nikki702 wrote: »
    Thank you, I am just trying to get my money together to pay the fees.

Im worried about my bank being frozen too and not being able to access my wages and pay my direct debits.

I just cant wait until its all submitted and accepted. Will be a massive weight off my shoulders :)

Just keep all incoming and out going in a main bank account. And, on telephone interview with OR, inform him that's your main bank then he will inform the bank not to freeze. Beside this, I will advice you to open a new basic account with Nationwide, Barclays, Co-op, Monzo etc straightway after you have been declared bankrupt. Infact on the day your application accepted. When opening new basic account, tell new bank you just been declared bankrupt and want to open this account for the safe side if your existing main bank freeze. And then, slowly all DD & wages update to new account. OR will not send any letter to new bank and they will not freeze your account as you open the account informing you that already. After Bankruptcy application accepted there will be atleast 2/3 weeks to freeze any your existing bank account/credit card to freeze so, by the time sure you will be able to change over everything to your new basic account.

That's what I did myself after going through this forum and some others for last couple of months. Hopefully, you will be ok...
  • nikki702
    Thank you I will do that, with these basic accounts do you get a debit card? I already have a Monzo account. I was reading on another post that the Monzo account never got frozen.
  • amizaki
    Yes...all mentioned basic accounts come with contactless debit cards.

About Monzo, unless you have overdraft facility and OR have no objection to keep open that account, they will keep the account as it is now...
  • nikki702
    Thank you, can I open a basic account with Nationwide even though I owe their credit card?
  • broaps
    broaps Posts: 97 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I had a Nationwide Flex account and rang their customer support line before applying for BR to find out what would happen. (They changed it to a basic accoun, no problemst.) Why don't you ring them to ask if they will let you have a basic account in spite of owing them money. The support line people are usually very helpful.
  • nikki702
    My OR called yesterday to say im going to have to lose some of my expenses but wouldnt go into details of which ones. They told me that I will definitely have an IPA and is calling tomorrow with the details.

Im stressing now that it’s going to be a lot and im going to struggle to pay.
  • TheGardener
    TheGardener Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I think this is one for Debtdoctor because I don't see anything unreasonable in your SoA - a single Mum earning less than the national 'average' salary you should not be paying an IPA in my view. Hopefully Debtdoctor can assist :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure