IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Britannia Parking/BW Legal letter - First letter

Options

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,643 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What is the Issue Date on your Claim Form?

Did it come from the County Court Business Centre in Northampton, or from somewhere else?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,708 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You buy a bit more time by doing the AOS as shown in the NEWBIES thread.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • GreenmanBRS
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    What is the Issue Date on your Claim Form?

Did it come from the County Court Business Centre in Northampton, or from somewhere else?

The date is the 11th Feb and yeah, it is that one in Northampton on the paper
  • KeithP
    Options
    The date is the 11th Feb and yeah, it is that one in Northampton on the paper
    With a Claim Issue Date of 11th February, you have until Monday 4th March to do the Acknowledgement of Service, but there is nothing to be gained by delaying it. To do the AoS, follow the guidance offered in a Dropbox link from post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread. About ten minutes work - no thinking required.

Having done the AoS, you have until 4pm on Monday 18th March 2019 to file your Defence.

That's over a month away. Loads of time to produce a perfect Defence, but don't leave it to the very last minute.

When you are happy with the content, your Defence should be filed via email as suggested here:
      Print your Defence.
    1. Sign it and date it.
    2. Scan the signed document back in and save it as a pdf.
    3. Send that pdf as an email attachment to CCBCAQ@Justice.gov.uk
    4. Just put the claim number and the word Defence in the email title, and in the body of the email something like 'Please find my Defence attached'.
    5. Log into MCOL after a few days to see if the Claim is marked "defended". If not chase the CCBC until it is.
    6. Do not be surprised to receive a copy of the Claimant's Directions Questionnaire, they are just trying to put you under pressure.
    7. Wait for your DQ from the CCBC, or download one from the internet, and then re-read post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread to find out exactly what to do with it.
  • GreenmanBRS
    Options
    Thank you. I will do that ASAP.

I have also replied to Brit regarding the SAR they have given me. They also had no idea who I was as I only supplied a name and address (which they sent wrong regardless). I would have thought for GDPR that you would have to supply some ID who you are - Otherwise anyone can just send a name and address to these companies and get all this information on them?
  • KeithP
    Options
    I have also replied to Brit regarding the SAR they have given me. They also had no idea who I was as I only supplied a name and address (which they sent wrong regardless). I would have thought for GDPR that you would have to supply some ID who you are - Otherwise anyone can just send a name and address to these companies and get all this information on them?

They already know your name and address, having got it from the DVLA.
    When sending the SAR, you just confirmed it.
  • GreenmanBRS
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    They already know your name and address, having got it from the DVLA.
    When sending the SAR, you just confirmed it.

Well, that is the thing. The address didn't confirm it as it was a different address - I would have thought that I would have scanned a copy of say a passport over to them. Flaw in the system I suppose
  • KeithP
    Options
    Does your passport have an address in it? Mine doesn't. ;)

But I take your point.
  • GreenmanBRS
    Options
    Another update - I filled the AoS as mentioned so I believe I have until the 18th March to do the defence

I am having an issue with the defence and working out the correct angle to take - This is while I have to keep in mind that this has popped up after never hearing about this previously up until two months ago.

I have a couple of points I can add. The SAR I requested from Britannia held very little information - In fact, it appears they only tried sending me two letters regarding the issue (both of which were NOT received). Can I add this in the defence? Additionally, this apparently happened two years ago. I would imagine the signs are different now and in different locations, how can I prove these were not seen?
  • ShakeItOff
    Options
    You would note the lack of receipt in the witness statement. Defence is for the legal argument, witness statement is the story.
    Debt Free by Xmas 2021 = £0/£6,500
    1p Challenge 2021 (TBC)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family