Barclays blue rewards

Comments

• Nusku
    Nusku Posts: 10 Forumite
    i did online
    filled out the financial questions - salary at £75K etc

The account is definitely a Premier, but the debit card not.
  • That is odd... I'm pretty sure mine is black premier. Haven't got it to hand so can't check. Does it say premier account in the name when you logon to online banking?
  • Nusku
    yup, when I log on it shows Premier

when I called them they said the account is Premier but that to get the Premier card I have to wait and show funds going in at required level

I will have £5K a month going in, and also have £25K lump sum arriving in November - so am wondering if they will upgrade card then or if it takes several months
  • Is your card black? And does it say premier on it?
  • Nusku
    Blue card - doesn’t say anything. Can only withdraw £300 per day with it
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Well my account is open and the weekly £1 post office saver direct debit is set up. Just need to shuffle £800 in and out then wait to see if the double reward arrives.

Annoyed that they don’t seem to check premier status otherwise I would have done that instead :(
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    After tax, etc. 70k is just over 4K a month which is easier to find/move around accounts.
  • They told me on Twitter I need to pay in £4250/month which is around £70k after tax etc

Is the blue rewards based on a calendar month? so must pay in the required amount and have 2 DDs come out in October to get the reward in November for example....
  • I am thinking of applying for a Premier Account this week. However, i am now wondering whether Barclays will deem my monthly credits enough. I have a basic salary of £55k but i get a annual bonus of between £20-30k and throughout the year i can work abroad and earn extra income, which over the past 3 years has taken my yearly earnings to over £100k. I'm not sure if Barclays will review the account on a monthly basis and deem me ineligible for it. I guess it might be worthwhile opening one and running the account.
  • jester212 wrote: »
    I am thinking of applying for a Premier Account this week. However, i am now wondering whether Barclays will deem my monthly credits enough. I have a basic salary of £55k but i get a annual bonus of between £20-30k and throughout the year i can work abroad and earn extra income, which over the past 3 years has taken my yearly earnings to over £100k. I'm not sure if Barclays will review the account on a monthly basis and deem me ineligible for it. I guess it might be worthwhile opening one and running the account.

I'm not sure they are terribly pro-active about this. I applied for one in the summer to get the double Blue rewards, not much caring about Premier, but as my salary per their questions is over the threshold the website insisted that it go through as Premier. Fine by me. I hadn't even realised there were perks until the man in the branch told me during my switch appointment.

Since then I have only ever paid in the required £800/month funding for the Blue rewards; my salary doesn't go in there. I am half expecting them to notice and downgrade me at some point but they haven't yet, so in answer to your question they obviously don't run checks every month. In the meantime I'm enjoying my free coffee at Patisserie Valerie if I'm passing one though of course as it turns out it might be that PV still goes t*ts up before my Premier is withdrawn :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure