IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Fine and Ryder Admin Charge - Advice Please!

Hi! My hubby is a delivery driver and recieved a parking fine by Plymouth City Council from a CCTV. I have paid this fine.

However, his company rent their vehicals from Ryder and they have sent him an admin bill for £20 plus VAT (just over £24). I think this is a huge amount for forwarding the fine - has anyone else had these sort of charges and are they contestable?

Many thanks for any advice.

Debbie

Comments

• taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Think they have it under their terms for a real PCN issued, so the only thing you could ask is a gesture of goodwill, could be mistaken though.

Hope you appealed the actual ticket and not just blindly paid.
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • taffy056 wrote: »
    Think they have it under their terms for a real PCN issued, so the only thing you could ask is a gesture of goodwill, could be mistaken though.

Hope you appealed the actual ticket and not just blindly paid.

Thanks for your comments. I have paid the ticket. Hubby parked in a bus lane - he checked with a cop and asked if it would be okay if he parked just why he made a delivery and the cop said yes!!! However it's not the cops call and he was caught fair and square where he shouldn't have been parked!

I just can't understand how £24 can be charged for admin!
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    These leasing companies have a nice little earner out of tickets, its a money making exercise for them, it could be deemed excessive and you could ask them to reconsider, there are other avenues open to you like unfair terms in a contract and so on, but its only £24 is it worth the effort for you?

Maybe somebody else can offer more to this, you should have appealed the original ticket imo , but hey ho its paid now
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • Is your husband self-employed, or employed by the delivery company?

Ryder may well have sent an invoice to the delivery company, but that doesn't mean your husband has to pay it.

If he is directly employed, the company has very few rights to deduct anything from his wages or to make him pay this bill, unless there is something in his contract of employment.

Practically, your husband may not want to fall out with the delivery company, whether he is self-employed or not, so paying the £24 might be in his best long term interest.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure