Bulb Energy Reviews: Give your feedback on the energy supplier

Options

Comments

• Shotgun_Rider
    Options
    fatbelly wrote: »
    If they're showing as cheap now, go for it. Use a referral code from this thread and start with a credit of at least £50:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5958725

If they hike prices, switch again. As they also pay any cancellation penalties and don't charge them themselves, you can't really lose.

The downside I see is that the entire market goes up and I would have been better off signing up to one of the longer fixed price deals. In the absence of a crystal ball, who knows.
  • Thomas_Edison
    Options
    While the big 6 have been raising prices, you're about to see that prices are going to fall away this year and get cheaper and cheaper.

The best from the east last year sent everything shooting upwards, this year has been the total opposite, just look outside.

Bulb actually mentioned lowering prices of the continued at current levels in their latest wholesale update
  • Shotgun_Rider
    Options
    Thanks both, I signed both my father and myself up to bulb earlier.
  • Cinders2001
    Cinders2001 Posts: 1,454 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry, trying to work my way through all the message posts.
    Which is it for the cash back?

Also
    Smart meters, are they issuing them now or still dealing with a backlog?
    ... or still none?

Thanks.
    ** Freebies and money saved with the help of you all? - Don't know ....lost count! **
    ** Stay Safe **
  • billp42
    billp42 Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I've been with Bulb for over a year and found their website easy enough to use - so far so good, but I do have one niggle with the company. I noticed that my statements are always incorrect as they never show the correct state of my account. Basically, Bulb take a payment up front and I have no problem with that. My problem comes from Bulb making up my statement on the same day that I make my payment, which is never reflected in what I owe. I thought that I could sort this by moving my payment day to the day before I make my payment - no chance, Bulb just followed my change with the statement date. I find it so irritating that Bulb make up my statement without showing the credit anywhere.

Whilst understanding their process, I find it annoying when a statement is sent to me saying that I am £115 in debit, when I am really £3 in credit that day when my bill is made up.

Bulb can make all the excuses and explanations they like, but on the date of my payments, I am NOT in debit with them. I have complained and received their answer, which I have refused to accept.

If only the statement showed somewhere that a credit payment has been made - or is this just a ruse to kid customers into believing that they are behind with their payments in the hope that they will increase monthly payments.:mad:
  • tgon
    tgon Posts: 710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    In the last two weeks I've received three messages from Bulb. One, to tell me their wholesale price is reducing and my annual cost is £25 less (nice but not significant). Two, that their computers were having an end-of-month problem and billing will be based on an estimate however if I provide a meter reading by close of that day, they will use actual (okay, I can sort that!). Three, upon logging on to my account to provide such readings a message says that their computer is broken. (so, estimate it is eh?)

On balance, I like 100% renewable energy, I think the costs are competitive for now, I like not being tied into a yearly contract or penalties for leaving, the online account normally works okay but I hate having to skip thru many newby sign-up screens to log in on their mobile app and lastly, they've not informed MSE Energy Club that I switched through them and are still owed £25.
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,090 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    tgon wrote: »
    I provide a meter reading by close of that day, they will use actual (okay, I can sort that!). Three, upon logging on to my account to provide such readings a message says that their computer is broken. (so, estimate it is eh?)

Whilst I had difficulty sending the readings during the same day that you refer to they did register at Bulb end and I have today received monthly statement based on readings that were given.
  • PhilBB
    PhilBB Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    billp42

I have only just received my first Bulb bill and noticed this too. Even to the extent that my payment date was 28th Feb and that is when my bank account shows the DD but Bulb made up my account as 1st Mar and show my payment as 1st Mar.

I wholly agree with you but I wonder if since they want us to effectively be one month ahead then by doing this we will effectively judge our balance as an end of month balance not including the advance payment against the next month. It does seem messy and as you say incorrect and I think they should find a better way of conveying what they want.

Of course account balance is a difficult thing given usage is not flat over the year and we want to be in credit part of the year and debit part of the year. I was with Scottish Power for many years; terrible customer service but just using the website was fine and prices cheap; their DD manager was great if you submitted monthly readings they got good history and would draw an annual graph and allow you to move a line up and down setting your DD at an average.

I want to get back to taking and submitting readings on the first of the month so have moved my payment date from the 28th to the 3rd. I have a feeling what is going to happen is I will make a payment on the 28th March and then 3rd April; if so will I be asked for readings for each payment I wonder. I will update on this later

Thanks for the headsup about getting the MSE £25, or not getting. I signed up via the MSE link and thought the process of receiving £25 cashback and extra £25 bill credit was poorly acknowledged and hard to get clear answers when I queried it. I wished I'd found the referral thread and done it that way.

Phil
  • Allanr
    Allanr Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    In response to the query, Bulb have started installing SMET2 meters.
  • Allanr
    Allanr Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Personally I don't find the problem about actual payment being credited to the account after the actual energy usage cost. I'm happy as long as I can see payment pending on the statement.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback