ESA assessment

Options
I have been on ESA for around 9 years .The first time I applied I filled in esa50 form went for interview and was put in support group.3 years later I received form again filled it in and was put in support group without a medical then 3 years later the same again.

I just received the ESA 50 form again .I am claiming for mental health issues which have not and will not change so should I just fill in the form the same as last time .Also the last time I filled it in I was seeing a CPN and was getting support services from a local organisation .However due to cutbacks Iam no longer seeing a CPN or getting support services .My GP is useless so what should I do about letters of support and medical evidence just send in the old ones?

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,950 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Just do what you previously did. What ever you do the form will need to be returned. They rarely contact anyone for any evidence so don't rely on them doing that.
  • VenuS
    VenuS Posts: 167 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Send in the old ones and copies of anything relevant to your health. Ie; recent prescription repeat copies, showing what medications you’re on.
    They will keep reassessing every 2-3 years unfortunately.
  • poppy12345
    Options
    VenuS wrote: »
    For ESA they can re-assess you anytime from 3 months.
  • VenuS
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    For ESA they can re-assess you anytime from 3 months.

My point was they will keep reassessing every 2-3 years.(mandatory) They will only reassess every three months if they don’t believe your illness will last any longer.
  • poppy12345
    Options
    My point was they will keep reassessing every 2-3 years.(mandatory) They will only reassess every three months if they don’t believe your illness will last any longer.
    That's still not correct, sorry. They can re-assess you anytime from 3 months for ESA, which is why award letters never state a length of time.
  • VenuS
    Options
    From knowledge I’m stating they will let a claim run for 2-3 years *maximum* They can reassess at anytime but NORMALLY, they will only do this if they think your claim warrants it.
  • snowycatgirl
    Options
    From knowledge I’m stating they will let a claim run for 2-3 years *maximum* They can reassess at anytime but NORMALLY, they will only do this if they think your claim warrants it.
    Send in the old ones and copies of anything relevant to your health. Ie; recent prescription repeat copies, showing what medications you’re on.

I am aware of three people all with mental health problems who have not been reassessed for SIX years and two of those were originally assessed on paper only, migrating from Incapacity Benefit.

Another two I know are on there 5th year with no reassessment also mental health related for new claims.
  • Nooney123456789
    Nooney123456789 Posts: 61 Forumite
    edited 23 February 2019 at 10:45AM
    Options
    Officially they can reassess any time after three months but usually stick to the reassessment date recommended by the assessor and guidelines are that the longest award for people in support group is 3 years but they are that busy with backlogs and UC credit that people are going over their recommended reassessment dates but basically they can reassess people between 3 months and whenever they feel like it.

I have had 2 years added on to my recommended reassessment date twice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure