Can i claim ppi i had bankruptcies?

I had a joint mortgage with my brothers in 2003 from abbey national and after a year we took a secured loan from GE money for house improvement, in 2008 my brothers lost the job and i was paying the mortgage and couldnot pay the secured loan then our house was repossessed by the bank in 2008. In 2010 i was bankcurrumpt, i want to know if i can claim ppi in my case. don’t know what to do where to start. or just don’t do anything?

Comments

• You can't make a mis selling complaint. Bankruptcy draws a line in the sand.
  • The only person who is eligible to complain would be the official receiver of your bankruptcy - even if they were successful the funds would be distributed by them to your debtors.

Don’t waste any more effort on this.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,495 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    You can only complain about the sale of PPI if the sale occurred post bankruptcy.
    As your was in 2010 and the sale of PPI had mostly stopped then, you won't have had anything with it to complain about.

Anyone who is banrupt is legally not entitled to complain about the sale of any PPI pre bankruptcy. That right rests with the OR.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Amk wrote: »
    In 2010 i was bankcurrumpt.....or just don’t do anything?
    The latter.

Sorry.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family