Think Telecom

2»

Comments

• Think Telecom have now removed money from my bank account. Have sent them more E-Mails requiring them to explain their actions and why I have never had a bill or statement from them.
    I have given them until Friday 11th May 2018 to refund the money they have taken or I will instigate court action against them.
    They chose to ignore the previous instructions not to proceed with the switch as their paperwork was not in agreement with the cold call sales pitch. They never managed to switch any of my phones but after numerous attempts they illegally switched my broadband but I got this reinstated with BT.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 31 May 2018 at 4:38PM
    Slightly suspicious that the only posts supporting these people are new posters with a single post each. I wonder if any mods can see IP addresses or would they be sneaky enough to vary them?

Edit: Well there was another one but it disappeared and got it's own thread https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5849713
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,299 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    I've split off the new positive post to it's own thread ;)
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Browntoa wrote: »
    I've split off the new positive post to it's own thread ;)

Ahh, I'll stop doubting my own sanity now :D
  • sevenonine
    sevenonine Posts: 201 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Although I haven't got involved with this group (Think Telecom) I've posted elsewhere asking for experience of Talk Home. I've had NO replies but 261 views. I am with TalkTalk but I want a bespoke international service to Australia/India/USA/New Zealand. TalkTalk does have an international service for which I've been paying £5 pw but don't really use it to an extent where it justifies the £5 pw. Any help would be most appreciated.
  • I wanted to use this company as offered very good prices. Gave them all my details but after few days of dealing with them I realised that their customer service is very poor. Manager Mr Monk will offer you a direct email and phone number to make you feel special, but this email and number wont work when you actually use it. I emailed and phoned them to cancel the transfer but they ignored all and transferred my line anyway. I was not aware of the transfer and 2 weeks later when we had a fault on the line and wanted to deal with it and called BT only then they notified me that they are not my supplier and line was transferred to Think telecom. I was shocked as BT cancelled my transfer on the phone with me and they assured me of it. I didn't expect for the transfer to happen. What Thick Telecom did as soon as they were notified by BT that transfer is not happening they reapplied for transfer. They knew I would not know about the re-application and second transfer would happen. After a month of dealing with it they still send me bills and not responding to my email and they wont give me complaint reference number or deadlock letter. Please be aware of this company. Even though you cancel the transfer it will still go through as they use clever tricks, so check your lines constantly if you deal with this company.
  • so back in october/november... my mother was cold called by them... she understood that they were BT and were changing her plan to a cheaper/more effective one. she didn't tell me and when i went up to visit her it was past the cooling off period and she was locked in for 36 months. i was livid. they sent me the recorded message of her agreeing to the change. but in the recording you can hear her nonchalently saying she didnt want to change from bt and they strong armed/fooled her into 'nothing changing' but then loNbehold a router came and she and my 79 year old dad had to fumble their way through into setting it up. her bills are now MORE than they were with BT... in jan/feb I had another relative in hospital then lockdown happened so now I am able to visit them again and I want to try and get her out of this ridiculous slower business broadband. she had a bill from daisy telecom and told me she was changed over to daisy. could she have opted out in that 14 day period? maybe, but she forgot to tell me. old age can be so infuriating lol

what would be my plan of attack? email/letter of complaint? then to the ombudsmen?

Thanks for any advice.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure