Please note: The Auto-enrolment sub-board is now closed. If you have a question around pensions, please post in the Pensions, Annuities and Retirement Planning board.

Employer Pensions Contributions

Options
I have a question regarding Public Sector employers workplace pension contributions. At the moment deductions are made automatically at the end of every month. Can I determine where those pension contributions are made to, ie to a Lifetime ISA for example?

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• hyubh
    hyubh Posts: 3,531 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Aaron1979 wrote: »
    I have a question regarding Public Sector employers workplace pension contributions. At the moment deductions are made automatically at the end of every month. Can I determine where those pension contributions are made to, ie to a Lifetime ISA for example?

While workplace ISAs exist, they aren't a legal means by which an employer can fulfil its pensions auto-enrolment duties. Even on the pensions side, it's normal for an employer only to contribute to their own pension scheme specifically.

However, in the vast majority of cases it would be daft not to join a public sector pension scheme that you are eligible for. Out of interest, what is turning your head away from joining...?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    This question would be better in the pension section rather than this one.
    employers workplace pension contributions. At the moment deductions are made automatically at the end of every month. Can I determine where those pension contributions are made to, ie to a Lifetime ISA for example?

Why would you want to divert from a public sector pension to a LISA? That would be a terrible idea.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure