PPI second time claims

Hi, a few years ago I claimed my PPI refunds using Martins paperworkand I received money back from several lenders which was great.

Middle of last year I received a letter a cheque from one of these lenders telling me they had revisited my claim and they had under paid me after checking some changes to the claims legislation.

Should I now be chasing the other lenders who paid me PPI asking form them to revisit my claims?, is there a specific form to do this and does anyone know why this revisited claim might have been done?

Comments

• No - they will contact you if the redress was miscalculated.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    As above you dont need to do anything. A small number of lenders/cases needed reviewing with revised payouts. Where that was the case, it is pro-active. i.e. they contact you. You dont need to contact them.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Micky_d
    Micky_d Posts: 60 Forumite
    Thank you for your help. As the PPI deadline is near, I didn't want to miss the boat if I had to revisit the claims. Many thanks again
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Micky_d wrote: »
    Thank you for your help. As the PPI deadline is near, I didn't want to miss the boat if I had to revisit the claims. Many thanks again

The deadline is for new complaints, not relating to recalculations of old ones
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure