IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Forgot to display blue badge, lost in Civil Court.

Options
My wife and I attended court today to defend against a private car park company claiming payment for forgetting to display a blue badge in a free car park. I cited the equality act, read out the relevant passages pertaining to reasonable adjustment, stated that contract law cannot override the equality act, mentioned a similar case where the judge ruled in favour of the disabled person, but all to no avail. The judge decided that my wife's driver should have known to display and check a blue badge had been shown and stated that the similar case to my wife's had been wrongly decided in his opinion. I asked how say a visiting person from another country, with protected characteristics and no blue badge would use the reasonable adjustment, and the judge just shrugged the question off and said he would need some way of showing he could park in a disabled bay. Does anyone think it is worth appealing this decision? We already have £250 to pay. I'm disgusted, is this really fair justice?
Failed to load the poll.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure