Slimming For Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Options

Comments

• Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    Sky_ wrote: »
    Morning all, I hope everyone is enjoying the slightly cooler but still sunny weather.

I've been given the all-clear and my cancer is officially in remission! :j :j :j

Food today:
    B/L: Ryvitas (B) with quark, apple, chopped peppers and apple.
    D: Aldi skinny sausages (4.5) with mash (2) and various veg.
    S: Milk in drinks (A)

Have a great day everyone. :D

Fabulous news.... time to celebrate..... we will be raising a glass to your health today x

:):):):)
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    Options
    I have never been engaged or married!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Me Neither an no plans to lol
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    Oh my word Sky, that is amazing news! You have every right to go completely off plan this weekend to celebrate. My mum has been in remission for a few years now, she saw the oncologist 5 years after treatment and only then discovered that her original expectancy was 3 years, I was the only one who knew that from the beginning, not the sort of thing that needs to be shared unless necessary. It is now 10 years, she is not without health issues, but all things considered & she is nearly 80, can't complain. She is lucky though in having a fantastic GP.

Just had breakfast, pancakes, now got to bakes cakes for a charity fundraiser for tomorrow, then another 2 Christmas cakes, total to date 11:eek:
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • TakeItEazy
    TakeItEazy Posts: 2,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    My mum got married twice and both ended up seperated within a year or 2 as once married men change. I think it's a control thing but I don't get why

Personally I think both change with that piece of paper! We split a week after the wedding for a week but sorted our differences and still together 33yrs later :A

Great new Sky! :T:T

WI with gain 1lb :( must be all the ice cream from last weekend :eek:

2 days till end of term, can’t wait :j been so exhausted of late and the heat hasn’t helped :(
    Really could do with complete rest but not gonna happen. Off to nieces baby shower tomorrow so better get some energy from somewhere :rotfl:
    Have a good weekend all :A
    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 21 July 2018 at 11:44AM
    Options
    Absolutely thrilled for you sky. What wonderful news.:j:j:j

That's a really good loss tete and you CAN get to 14 very soon.:T
    I've done a potato salad recipe using low fat crème fraiche either on its own or mixed with low fat mayo. That's about the lowest syn way I've found. I suppose it depends what yo've got in.

My mum got married twice and both ended up seperated within a year or 2 as once married men change. I think it's a control thing but I don't get why
    Perhaps it depends on the man. My DH is a star.:smileyhea I think what matters is that you both change together in a positive way over time. Definitely no time for control though.

It's not on my meal plan for this week but Aldi did have Lamb Rogan Josh yesterday so I bought a couple for the freezer. I bought 5% mince too so I'll put that in SC later for savoury mince.

Are the Aldi sausages tasty sky? I've always bought Sainsbury's BGTY at 1 syn but as I go in there less and less it means a special trip.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, baked beans, HEB toast, HEA milk for drinks
    L: bacon, egg, mushrooms, tomatoes and any other Speed I can get in there
    D: Chicken Jambalaya
    Syns: weekend wine:j
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Congratulations Sky on your news!!
  • Sky_
    Sky_ Posts: 605 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Thank you everyone, I'm delighted and incredibly relieved! We thought about going out to celebrate but decided to go for a more-expensive-than-usual day trip tomorrow, including (small) cake and coffee. I'm really motivated to stick to plan at the moment and I want to take advantage of the motivation whilst it's there. :D

maman wrote: »
    Absolutely thrilled for you sky. What wonderful news.:j:j:j

That's a really good loss tete and you CAN get to 14 very soon.:T
    I've done a potato salad recipe using low fat crème fraiche either on its own or mixed with low fat mayo. That's about the lowest syn way I've found. I suppose it depends what yo've got in.

Perhaps it depends on the man. My DH is a star.:smileyhea I think what matters is that you both change together in a positive way over time. Definitely no time for control though.

It's not on my meal plan for this week but Aldi did have Lamb Rogan Josh yesterday so I bought a couple for the freezer. I bought 5% mince too so I'll put that in SC later for savoury mince.

Are the Aldi sausages tasty sky? I've always bought Sainsbury's BGTY at 1 syn but as I go in there less and less it means a special trip.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, baked beans, HEB toast, HEA milk for drinks
    L: bacon, egg, mushrooms, tomatoes and any other Speed I can get in there
    D: Chicken Jambalaya
    Syns: weekend wine:j

Thank you. :D

My DH is a star too, I feel incredibly blessed to be with him. :cool:

We find the Aldi sausages really bland, but we bought 2 packs to try and need to use them up. They'll be fine with some sauces and seasoning.

We like the Morrisons frozen low fat sausages a lot, I think they're 1.5 syns each. They're are fairly inexpensive too, so we'll go back to eating those. :)
    2022. 2% MF challenge. £730/3000
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Bykerlass wrote: »
    Evening all:)
    Are there any vouchers available in the magazines do you know? Think I seriously need to join:(
    Hello and welcome :D i dont thik there is but its 9.95 to join just now not 14.95 i believe hth
    Sky_ wrote: »
    Morning all, I hope everyone is enjoying the slightly cooler but still sunny weather.

I've been given the all-clear and my cancer is officially in remission! :j :j :j

Food today:
    B/L: Ryvitas (B) with quark, apple, chopped peppers and apple.
    D: Aldi skinny sausages (4.5) with mash (2) and various veg.
    S: Milk in drinks (A)

Have a great day everyone. :D
    Fantastic news:T:T:T:T:j:j:j:j
    Definitely, knowledge (and awareness) is power. That blog sounds v interesting.

YES. I am always having this 'discussion' with my coupled-up friends who just don't get it. I'm 'lucky' that my parents died and left me the house because if I had mortgage/rent to pay I would literally have no spare cash at all.

Anyway, onto cheerier things. I stuck to plan 100% all week and who'da thunk it?
    I lost 3lbs! :rotfl: Bringing me to -0.5lbs for the challenge after a shaky start :o I'm at 14.4 now, interim target is to get under 14 by the time I go to Dublin in 3 weeks.

I saw a new physio yesterday about my problem foot, had an extremely painful massage and she has given me a different slant on it than others, with some new exercises to try so I'm feeling hopeful about being able to get a bit more active again.

No food plan for today yet, but I have some spring onions in the greenhouse that look like they may be ready so I'm thinking maybe some sort of potato salad if I can find a SW version...

Well done to all those losing, hugs to those who need them. Hope you all have lovely/exciting/restful weekend plans.

ETA - Amazing news Sky!! So pleased for you xx

Well done tete:T:T:T:T:T
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 July 2018 at 2:39PM
    Options
    Afternoon all :D

Just now
    Brunch
    WW wrap (hexb)
    LM sausage, bacon and scrambled egg (free) speed on the side .
    Wont be posting my tea as its nearly all my sys for the week:D:eek::rotfl::rotfl:
    lunch_002.jpg
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Afternoon All

WI today saw -1.5lbs which I'm pleased about given the amount of alcohol that was consumed last weekend.

Having a bit of a domestic day today and will probably again tomorrow though hubby and I have planned to go cycling but that's all weather dependant as it's quite overcast here though very muggy.

Food wise I'm not sure what's on the menu - I did fancy one of hubby's paelllas but think that as we've yet to get the ingredients that might be off the menu lol.

I'm going to try and have an alcohol free weekend this weekend - so will have to stock up on the fizzy water....whether that actually happens is anyone's guess.

Have a good Saturday everyone
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport