Slimming For Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Comments

• kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Last night I weighed in with a 1lb gain, but I had eaten dinner before I went, so I blame that.

New week, and need to plan still, but for today:
    Breakfast - yogurt and fruit
    Lunch - noodles and veg
    Dinner - Korean pork
    Snacks - SF jelly, hifi bars, fruit

HA - milk
    HB - hifi bars
    Syns - SF jelly (0.5), noodle sauce (1)
    Zebras rock
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    *sigh*..... 0.5lbs on. The 5 stone award remains elusive.

On the positive side, I'm not really gaining..... on the negative side, I'm not really losing.

Let's hope it will improve this week.
  • Sky_
    Sky_ Posts: 605 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Thanks for all the congratulations. :)

Kathrynha a 1lb gain will definitely be your tea, so it's not a bad weigh in considering everything you're dealing with at the moment--cancer treatment is awful on every level! You've lost an impressive amount of weight so far though. :T I hope your daughter isn't suffering too much with her poor knee. :(

Commiserations Stoke, but being near the 5 stone award is an achievement in itself! :T

Well done to all losers and STS and good luck to everyone who's gained this week. :)

I'm reporting a 1lb loss, it should have been more but I had a couple of bad days, plus I got weighed in 2 days early because I can't attend my usual group this Thursday. Next week won't be good because we have birthday celebrations later this week and I intend to enjoy them thoroughly! :D
    2022. 2% MF challenge. £730/3000
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,176 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    kathrynha~~I seperated from my xDH many years ago & in many ways I am happier. Money can be a worry but it was a worry then too.
    I am pleased things are as they are even though sometimes it is hard.
    I feel more of my own person now & that is good.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Stoke~~next week :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    sky~~A 1 lb loss is good even taking into account that you weighed in early :j :T

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,571 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Sorry if I've missed any losses but didn't get around to posting yesterday. I noticed that kathrynha and Stoke had absolutely tiny gains. I've been back from my holiday for two weeks and if I got away with a pound I'd be over the moon. :(

Sending you a great big hung lush.:A I'm pleased to hear you're getting some help with your health. You've enough to cope with without soldiering on with that on your own.

You're probably aware that I've been cross with your DH for a while insisting that he has to have full fat mince and other nonsense. He seemed happy enough to eat musclefoods when he was training. It must be really hard to know how much his condition affects him but I'd have said that his mother's influence has had a big part to play. It's not just the food though, he seems to leave an awful lot to you.

If it was me I'd make a healthy meal for you and littlie and either let him get his own, have a pinged ready meal or make the smallest of tweaks that will create the least work and extra expense for you. So portion him up something then add in the chilli and pepper or do him some breaded fish/chicken alongside your unprocessed stuff. Cook a range of veg for you and littlie then let him have peas or whatever he'll eat. I almost always put our veg in serving dishes rather than plating up. My DH eats almost anything but it means I have LOs for the next day from anything we don't eat. Sorry for poking my nose in but I feel strongly about anyone who doesn't get support from family and friends.:mad:

I didn't manage to post my menu yesterday. I did well with just a couple of syns from Parmesan. I'll post a menu for today but I have a dental appointment soon so not sure when or if I'll have any lunch as I think I'm having an injection.:(

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB Weetabix with HEA milk, half banana
    L: ham, egg, asparagus, tomato
    D: chicken and butterbean casserole (carrots, celery, onion, leeks, mushrooms, courgettes) with new potatoes, cabbage and cauli.broccoli mix
    Syns: 2? for cornflour in sauce.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    it is hard, i think i find it much easier to separate it all as like i say he appears to be somewhere on the spectrum - though other times he seems to understand other things....usually when it suits him.

i do think that my fears are keeping me kind of stale/static- fear that he won't miss me like others say he would. and more so the fear that i would quite enjoy the freedom of not always having to second guess situations/food/etc

but anyway i digress x
    I am sorry but you dont have to put up with it:o
    Kathryn, sorry to hear about your daughter's injury. I have to say that as they get older they cause more worry, work and cost.... it is all down hill! We have just taken DS1 and DIL out for tea... over £100 gone in a few hours, but we had a lovely time. A summer of limited mobility may sound like a nightmare, but you can channel her energy into something creative or reading, both of which will do her mind the world of good.

With MIL I would strongly recommend getting health/financial power of attorney in place urgently. xxx

Good luck on the weigh in :T:T:T

Bubbs I used to have soya regularly, but it used to irritate OH's tongue. Use lots of tomato and herbs. Just one question - how the heck did I miss freebie!!!

Lush, you are doing so well to remain focused. I am hoping you are realising that you deserve so much more from life and your relationship. We are sending special hugs for you. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:
    Shopimum its free :D
    kathrynha wrote: »
    Hugs Lush. Your hubby sounds worse than mine.
    Mine has issues after he had a stroke the other year, and I sometimes wonder how much is down to the stroke, and how much the stroke is just used as an excuse.
    He used to be super fussy too, and it is down to how he was brought up. his mum is super fussy, no foreign food, and hubby used to be the same, but I refuse to cook two meals.
    Two conversations about food with hubby in the past to give you all a laugh:
    Me - Do you like asparagus?
    Hubby - No
    Me - Have you ever tried asparagus?
    Hubby - No, but my mum doesn't like it so I won't either
    Since fed him asparagus and he loves it!

Hubby - I don't like foreign food
    Me - But you like burgers and pizza's
    Hubby - They aren't foreign
    Me - and you like the chili and fajitas I make
    Hubby - but you are making them, and you're British therefore they aren't foreign

I also wonder about what is left in my marriage, but there is a fear of separation, and coping on my own and stuff. It's kind of a rut. Not a happy rut, but a 'you know what to expect' rut.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:thats funny, i was brought up with proper meals, meat and veg no spices, onions in anything as mum dont like them and ahe was cooking for 9:eek::rotfl:never had a curry, spag bol, pasta, once in a blue moon rice and NEVER a takeaway as they didnt have the money.
    Yet i will try anything once:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Sorry you are not happy as well Kathryn:( it is more people than you realise which is sad.
    I am lucky, yes we have had our ups and downs like anyone but we have been married 25 yrs very soon:o I would have got less for murder though:rotfl::rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Sky_ wrote: »
    Thanks for all the congratulations. :)

Kathrynha a 1lb gain will definitely be your tea, so it's not a bad weigh in considering everything you're dealing with at the moment--cancer treatment is awful on every level! You've lost an impressive amount of weight so far though. :T I hope your daughter isn't suffering too much with her poor knee. :(

Commiserations Stoke, but being near the 5 stone award is an achievement in itself! :T

Well done to all losers and STS and good luck to everyone who's gained this week. :)

I'm reporting a 1lb loss, it should have been more but I had a couple of bad days, plus I got weighed in 2 days early because I can't attend my usual group this Thursday. Next week won't be good because we have birthday celebrations later this week and I intend to enjoy them thoroughly! :D
    :T:T:T:T:Twell done :D
    Stoke wrote: »
    *sigh*..... 0.5lbs on. The 5 stone award remains elusive.

On the positive side, I'm not really gaining..... on the negative side, I'm not really losing.

Let's hope it will improve this week.

Stoke i was exactly the same, i would say it will be this week, no sts or small gain, then i would say will be this week and no the cycle continued but like me you WILL get there:D:D:D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    tea_001.jpg
    Chicken pizza :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure